Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

For some of us, "it's going to rain tomorrow" is a positive statement because we like rain. If I said it with a smile, would you still keep walking?

I know. It's only a general example. But sometimes when something appears to be negative, it really isn't. Does that make sense? It did in my head.
    Well, I think there are exceptions to almost everything, but if you knew the people I am referring to you'd very likely agree with me. The weather example was just the tip of the iceberg with them. Plus they did not answer as if they were looking forward to it.

BTW....I know you like the rain. I was thinking of mentioning but passed it by this time. Maybe next.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-27-2022, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• So my wife committed to making long johns in the future, but as long as she can make round ones. Hey, I understand geometry. A rectangle is the better choice for an LJ, but round will work. No hole in the middle. I want all the dough and icing I can get!!

There was that show "The 100".....I think they called the one group "Rounders". That might be a good name for her LJs.

I'm happy no matter what shape!!

Comment

• Meh im trying to stay away. Ive spent the last couple months stating why each candidate could be the one. In the end patons process was thorough and they hired the person who had the BEST plan for all 3 phases of the game. I for one am excited because we havent had a coach like hackett before personality wise.

oh....GO AVALANCHE!!!! Heck of a win last night all things considering
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          Meh im trying to stay away. Ive spent the last couple months stating why each candidate could be the one. In the end patons process was thorough and they hired the person who had the BEST plan for all 3 phases of the game. I for one am excited because we havent had a coach like hackett before personality wise.

oh....GO AVALANCHE!!!! Heck of a win last night all things considering
          I agree with your assessment. And though I had Hackett at the top of my list, how would I know who would ultimately be the best choice. I'll leave that with the selection committee.

And yes, I am a part time Avs fan, and I saw how they came back, minus McKinnon. Got to see the OT goal live. Hope Nathan gets well quick!!
          Last edited by CanDB; 01-27-2022, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I agree with your assessment. And though I had Hackett at the top of my list, how would I know who would ultimately be the best choice. I'll leave that with the selection committee.

And yes, I am a part time Avs fan, and I saw how they came back, minus McKinnon. Got to see the OT goal live. Hope Nathan gets well quick!!
            Yeah no one really had an idea. I figured it would come down to the interviews. I mean one of them could have had a great interview but not lay out their vision for the team very well.
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Yeah no one really had an idea. I figured it would come down to the interviews. I mean one of them could have had a great interview but not lay out their vision for the team very well.
              Exactly! And though we as fans have our preferences, it might a real eye opener how extensive the selections are. I've done my share of interviews, and even if I had some knowledge about one of the candidates that made me lean towards them a little, I knew I would pay for it if I selected the wrong person.

Comment

Exactly! And though we as fans have our preferences, it might a real eye opener how extensive the selections are. I've done my share of interviews, and even if I had some knowledge about one of the candidates that made me lean towards them a little, I knew I would pay for it if I selected the wrong person.
                I will say this....i couldnt begin to imagine what a 9 hour interview would be like...
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I will say this....i couldnt begin to imagine what a 9 hour interview would be like...
                  That's a day and OT!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	baby-falling-asleep.gif
Views:	17
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	8404214

Comment

• To those non retired folks out there, which is most of you,

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! (sorry if you work the weekend)

To those retired folks out there,

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! (I know you're not working the weekend)

Comment

• To people in the future - Happy Weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation

There was tamales and margaritas involved around hour 6 or 7
                        See, I would have been perfect for this portion of the interview..........

Comment

• So do we go "get Getsy"??

Not sure about that, but it sure would stir up the Rodgers chatter to a new level.

I still like the idea of The Mannings joining forces with Elway, and signing Rodgers....meaning we'd have 3 of the best QBs of all time in our organization at the same time!!!! You know, Eli ain't too shabby either.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 01-28-2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

So do we go "get Getsy"??

Not sure about that, but it sure would stir up the Rodgers chatter to a new level.

I still like the idea of The Mannings joining forces with Elway, and signing Rodgers....meaning we'd have 3 of the best QBs of all time in our organization at the same time!!!! You know, Eli ain't too shabby either.
                            Reports I'd heard was that Hackett wanted to target Stenovich. I also heard some GB fan(s) talking about how they'd rather lose Getsy than Stenovich.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Reports I'd heard was that Hackett wanted to target Stenovich. I also heard some GB fan(s) talking about how they'd rather lose Getsy than Stenovich.
                              Well either way, the Rodgers discussion does not lose steam.

Truth is, it's not just Broncos fans who do the Rodgers talk. The media/experts have been the source for most of this, and right about now, no other team makes this much sense. Last offseason there were a few others, but now it appears to be down to GB, retire, or become a Bronco.

Comment

• I don't put too much stock in the rumors.... it's a possibility, and there's definitely plenty of smoke...

But honestly, I'm going to put my faith in this FO and this HC. If they decide they like one of the rookies this year, great... if they bring in Rodgers, great... if they come out and say, we think Lock can still be the guy with proper help, great.

I trust them until they give me a reason not to.

Comment

Working...
                                X