Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post

I haven't been around for a bit and am catching up on news. Congrats on becoming a Dad
    My son and his partner had their gender reveal scan today. This time round it's gonna be a boy. He's sure to be spoilt by his two big sisters
    Thanks!

Good to see and hear from you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post

Thanks!

Good to see and hear from you!
      Good Morning, involuntary insomniac! How's it going?

Donuts sound good this morning, but I think that's just from reading the posts in here.

Now I have to go figure out something for breakfast.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Donuts sound good this morning, but I think that's just from reading the posts in here.

Morning buddy. Doing well. Doing a little repainting of that wall that the plumbers cut into to get to that burst pipe. Re-sheet rocked/paneled yesterday. Almost done and it'll look like nothing happened.

Comment

• This is what happens in this home. I get the paper and then look at the top to see what day it is. Sometimes I guess right. There's no paper on Sunday so I will know it is Super Bowl Sunday.

The coffee therefore is the reality jolt some of us older dudes need.

Comment

Morning buddy. Doing well. Doing a little repainting of that wall that the plumbers cut into to get to that burst pipe. Re-sheet rocked/paneled yesterday. Almost done and it'll look like nothing happened.
            Oof.... was the damage bad, outside of having to cut into the wall?

My kids almost bought a house that had an issue with the water heater... they put in new carpeting etc and made it look all nice.... until they found standing water in the walls during the inspection.

Comment

• Let the copycats begin!

https://nerdlegame.com/

Comment

French toast sticks!!!!
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Oof.... was the damage bad, outside of having to cut into the wall?

My kids almost bought a house that had an issue with the water heater... they put in new carpeting etc and made it look all nice.... until they found standing water in the walls during the inspection.
                  The plumbers did a really good job of carefully demoing.

The good news is, the drywall came out in nice whole pieces that I could puzzle back together. Added some scrap shims inside of the wall to help ‘piece’ the drywall together and it fit nice and snug.

Since there was wood paneling in front of the drywall I didn’t have to worry about muddling. Just put 4 new pieces of paneling in and cut a small access door to get to the new snuff of valve. Painted and just about compete.

And ughhhh. Water - let alone standing water is the devil. Especially inside of walls. Good thing they didn’t get stuck with that.

Comment

• Water is a most beautiful and essential thing, BUT it can be one of worst things when it invades your property. Mould is often a bi product, and no one wants that. Never mind leakage and of course, the uncontrollable nature of flooding.

Comment

• Frozen burritos for me this morning.

Honestly, they're ok, but I don't get the fad.

It's hard on the teeth, and it seems like the flavor would come through better if it was at least a little warm.

Comment

Frozen burritos for me this morning.

Honestly, they're ok, but I don't get the fad.

It's hard on the teeth, and it seems like the flavor would come through better if it was at least a little warm.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	SignatureEggSausageCheesePotatoBurritos.png
Views:	24
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	8406854

These are the bees knees.

Comment

Name:	SignatureEggSausageCheesePotatoBurritos.png
Views:	24
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	8406854

These are the bees knees.
                          Yep... those are the ones.

I think I got bacon this time (how sad is it that I can't remember 15 minutes after eating it).

They're really not bad, to be honest... and I need something quick and easy for the morning, or I won't eat breakfast at all usually.

I need to eat breakfast if I want to take my ADD medication. I don't always take it, but I should take it more than I do. When I don't have these around, it's much more difficult for me to do.

Comment

Yep... those are the ones.

I think I got bacon this time (how sad is it that I can't remember 15 minutes after eating it).

They're really not bad, to be honest... and I need something quick and easy for the morning, or I won't eat breakfast at all usually.

I need to eat breakfast if I want to take my ADD medication. I don't always take it, but I should take it more than I do. When I don't have these around, it's much more difficult for me to do.
                            To me though, nothing beats a bowl of oatmeal. I could eat that for any meal.

Comment

• So my daughter is running a family SB pool again this year. There's big money on the table. BIG MONEY!! Maybe some of these...

Name:	623932081376-10__87932-4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	509.7 KB
ID:	8406864

So maybe help me out on one of them,

What will be the main colour in Cris Collingsworth's tie?

I'll spare all the other questions.

And a good mornin to all!

Comment

To me though, nothing beats a bowl of oatmeal. I could eat that for any meal.
                                Yeah, that's certainly fair.

I need at least two packets of the instant stuff though. At least. Having more than that feels wasteful or too much, but 2 sometimes just isn't enough.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                So my daughter is running a family SB pool again this year. There's big money on the table. BIG MONEY!! Maybe some of these...

Name:	623932081376-10__87932-4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	509.7 KB
ID:	8406864

So maybe help me out on one of them,

What will be the main colour in Cris Collingsworth's tie?

I'll spare all the other questions.

And a good mornin to all!
                                I'd definitely go with Orange.

Comment

Working...
                                X