No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the other day I went to Home Depot and helped prevent a potential fight. A pedestrian apparently bumped into a car as the driver was driving slowly away (though I did not see it), which caused the driver to stop and start yelling and walking fast towards the other guy. They were not young, but not too old. I thought for sure the driver was going to swing, so I moved towards them and started telling them to cool it, and such. I eventually got pretty close to both. The good news was that others were stopped or even coming closer to the scene, so it looked like we had support. But it did not end quickly, because every time we slowed down the aggression, one of them would start it up again, primarily the driver.

The weird part was that at one point, the pedestrian twacked the driver's phone, given the driver kept saying he had stuff recorded.

I stayed close the whole time until there were many of us around, including security, to relax the situation.

Felt like my younger days when I was often involved in breaking up fights. Felt good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Dude you gotta take some time to let it heal. You sound like me, keep using something that's injured. Just give it a couple of days. Of course if it hurts too much, or does not seem to be getting better....well, you know the score.

Of all my injuries I may not have had something exactly like that, so I am not quite sure what to say about the medical cause. If a dull or sharp pain lasts for days, with no improvement, I get it checked.
      Ok, to clarify... when my foot first popped, it definitely felt odd, but there was no pain there for more than 24 hours, so I shrugged it off.

As soon as I started to notice my foot tightening up and starting to feel sore, I started to rest it and figure out how to move without stressing it as much as possible. I'm essentially walking around like I have a walking boot on and not putting any weight on it. Right now, if I test it, the pain is almost none, (thanks, Advil!) but I will be resting it as much as possible for several days.

Good on you for helping to de-escalate that situation! Not easy to do!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Ok, to clarify... when my foot first popped, it definitely felt odd, but there was no pain there for more than 24 hours, so I shrugged it off.

As soon as I started to notice my foot tightening up and starting to feel sore, I started to rest it and figure out how to move without stressing it as much as possible. I'm essentially walking around like I have a walking boot on and not putting any weight on it. Right now, if I test it, the pain is almost none, (thanks, Advil!) but I will be resting it as much as possible for several days.

Did I read it right before, you were using a ladder barefoot?? Used get folks like you back in my EMT ambulance days all the time... weekend warriors..., not the weekend yet tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

Did I read it right before, you were using a ladder barefoot?? Used get folks like you back in my EMT ambulance days all the time... weekend warriors..., not the weekend yet tho.
          Ok... further clarification.... and yes, I know now my mistake(s)...

It was a small step ladder. We were painting, and I figured I'd rather get paint on a few socks than on my shoes.

Comment

You know what was ironic? Near the end of the "disagreement", I heard a guy come from inside the store, and told them that security was going to deal with them. I realized almost right away that it was a former Winnipeg Jet, who was a really good scrapper! These guys were lucky they did not get him angry!

Comment

Ok... further clarification.... and yes, I know now my mistake(s)...

It was a small step ladder. We were painting, and I figured I'd rather get paint on a few socks than on my shoes.
              Hmmmm.....you have a good point there......course....socks can be slippery...

Comment

• Been waking up at 230am every morning this week. Not on purpose, it's just the eyes pop open and I look at the clock and my mind starts going a million miles a minute. So I decided to get up and take advantage of the time this morning. I submitted a short story I have been meaning to submit for months. It took two hours to perfect everything and match the formatting requested. Now I am ready for bed, but it's time to walk the dogs and get to cleaning before family visits.

To all the mom's in the cafe here and on the boards, Happy Mother's Day!
                sigpic
                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                  Been waking up at 230am every morning this week. Not on purpose, it's just the eyes pop open and I look at the clock and my mind starts going a million miles a minute. So I decided to get up and take advantage of the time this morning. I submitted a short story I have been meaning to submit for months. It took two hours to perfect everything and match the formatting requested. Now I am ready for bed, but it's time to walk the dogs and get to cleaning before family visits.

2:30am? I'm just thinking about getting ready for bed.

Good for you for submitting your story. I hope it goes well.

You can let the family watch you take a nap.

Happy Mother's Day!
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

2:30am? I'm just thinking about getting ready for bed.

Good for you for submitting your story. I hope it goes well.

You can let the family watch you take a nap.

Happy Mother's Day!
                    Thank you, Peanut! That's a late night, hope they let you sleep in a bit!

sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                      Been waking up at 230am every morning this week. Not on purpose, it's just the eyes pop open and I look at the clock and my mind starts going a million miles a minute. So I decided to get up and take advantage of the time this morning. I submitted a short story I have been meaning to submit for months. It took two hours to perfect everything and match the formatting requested. Now I am ready for bed, but it's time to walk the dogs and get to cleaning before family visits.

Happy belated Mother's Day, Sophia and all others to whom it applies!

I get up and get to being active if I wake up past 4:30 or so. There are times where I'll wake up at at 2:30 or so though, and if my mind is running like you describe, I'm better off getting up and getting work done. One of the best times of day to be productive. More often than not though, I can't convince myself to do so quite so early. So I'll toss and turn for a few hours instead, eventually passing back out.

Hope your story is well received!

What kind of story is it, if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

• This is getting too good......I can watch Hockey, Stanley Tucci Searching For Italy, and Better Call Saul all in one night (as we recorded Tucci)! So many tasty flavours!!!

Comment

• What an upset at The Kentucky Derby! I saw the replay, and Rich Strike was not only a dark horse (as it turns out), but it was incredible how he made his move from far back in the pack! Lots of losers, but some folks are probably much richer as a result. In fact, what a perfect name for a horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            What an upset at The Kentucky Derby! I saw the replay, and Rich Strike was not only a dark horse (as it turns out), but it was incredible how he made his move from far back in the pack! Lots of losers, but some folks are probably much richer as a result. In fact, what a perfect name for a horse.
                            Yeah, everyone who watched was like 'Man, I should have followed that urge to throw $10 on the long shot...'

Now it won't happen again like that in our lifetimes, but the long shot will get a lot more bets moving forward. lol.

Wife *almost* bet on this one, but got lazy. If she had, I'd have been tempted to tell her to throw a few on the longshot myself.

Comment

• Remember this guy?

This hit theaters in January, look who's in the credits:

From fullback to werewolf (or victim or hunter of one)? This is probably incredibly bad.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Yeah, everyone who watched was like 'Man, I should have followed that urge to throw $10 on the long shot...'

Now it won't happen again like that in our lifetimes, but the long shot will get a lot more bets moving forward. lol.

Wife *almost* bet on this one, but got lazy. If she had, I'd have been tempted to tell her to throw a few on the longshot myself.

Every time I watch the replay of the last part of the race, I still can't believe this "also ran" just stormed past every other horse when it mattered. I would check for steroids.

Comment

Working...
                                X