Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

    Happy belated Mother's Day, Sophia and all others to whom it applies!


    I get up and get to being active if I wake up past 4:30 or so. There are times where I'll wake up at at 2:30 or so though, and if my mind is running like you describe, I'm better off getting up and getting work done. One of the best times of day to be productive. More often than not though, I can't convince myself to do so quite so early. So I'll toss and turn for a few hours instead, eventually passing back out.

    Hope your story is well received!

    What kind of story is it, if you don't mind my asking?
    Thank you, LordTrychon! I had put off this submission for a while, because I knew I would get a quick response from them. I received a rejection this morning, but not giving on this submission yet. I'll try a few more places. It's a short horror story.
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

      Every time I watch the replay of the last part of the race, I still can't believe this "also ran" just stormed past every other horse when it mattered. I would check for steroids.

      I didn't see the race, but heard the odds were insane on that one. Hope there was nothing illegal going on and the horse was just that good.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

        I didn't see the race, but heard the odds were insane on that one. Hope there was nothing illegal going on and the horse was just that good.
        If I was a horse, all my jockey would have to say is "win this and I'll buy you a coffee and a donut".

        Comment


        • I see Tom Brady is joining Fox Sports as the lead NFL analyst, once he retires from the game. I wonder if they will still want him in 10 years, when he finally calls it quits!

          Comment


          • Hey Colorado.....I love you, but tomorrow we get another Colorado Low, I think that's 4 in a month or so. This might be my new look this year...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
              Remember this guy?

              From fullback to werewolf (or victim or hunter of one)? This is probably incredibly bad.
              OMG!

              Man... I often forget Hillis in the list of poor decisions from that era (getting rid of him). He was incredible to watch when he was healthy. Who knows how it would have turned out if he never left.

              Wish him the best.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

                Thank you, LordTrychon! I had put off this submission for a while, because I knew I would get a quick response from them. I received a rejection this morning, but not giving on this submission yet. I'll try a few more places. It's a short horror story.
                Never give up! Never surrender!

                That's about all the advice I have for you, as horror is not my genre at all.

                Good on you for keeping a positive attitude. Maybe start on a new story and come back for your next round of revisions on this last one when you get stuck on the new one?

                I dunno. lol. I probably shouldn't be giving writing advice. Used to be part of a writing support group, so it's kinda habit. Have you been writing/submitting long? Any successes out there? Hope you don't mind my curiosity.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I see Tom Brady is joining Fox Sports as the lead NFL analyst, once he retires from the game. I wonder if they will still want him in 10 years, when he finally calls it quits!
                  *grumble grumble grumble*

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                    Never give up! Never surrender!

                    That's about all the advice I have for you, as horror is not my genre at all.

                    Good on you for keeping a positive attitude. Maybe start on a new story and come back for your next round of revisions on this last one when you get stuck on the new one?

                    I dunno. lol. I probably shouldn't be giving writing advice. Used to be part of a writing support group, so it's kinda habit. Have you been writing/submitting long? Any successes out there? Hope you don't mind my curiosity.
                    Good advice!

                    What is your genre? Are you still writing?

                    That is what I do. This one is a year or two old, but I refuse to give up on it yet. Usually after the third submission, I give up on submitting. I think this one has been rejected 5 times so far. I just finished a new short a few weeks ago, so I completed some edits on this one and tried again. I'll move on to another new one and keep trying to find this one a home.

                    I've been writing short stories about 12 - 13 years, been submitting them for about 10 years. No takers yet. You would think I would have improved after that much time, but there is a lot of competition out there. I try and remind myself that often.


                    sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I see Tom Brady is joining Fox Sports as the lead NFL analyst, once he retires from the game. I wonder if they will still want him in 10 years, when he finally calls it quits!
                      Tease. I don't think he'll ever retire.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

                        Tease. I don't think he'll ever retire.
                        I can not remember too many folks having a lucrative guaranteed career followed by another lucrative guaranteed career....whenever it happens!!

                        Haha....I wonder if there's an inflation factor in his tv contract. Maybe $375M grows by X% each year he keeps playing. I mean, how is he going to pay his bills if it's ONLY $375M, say in a few years from now??!! Gisele will be forced to do a 5 minute photo shoot to make up the difference.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                          I can not remember too many folks having a lucrative guaranteed career followed by another lucrative guaranteed career....whenever it happens!!

                          Haha....I wonder if there's an inflation factor in his tv contract. Maybe $375M grows by X% each year he keeps playing. I mean, how is he going to pay his bills if it's ONLY $375M, say in a few years from now??!! Gisele will be forced to do a 5 minute photo shoot to make up the difference.
                          I guess it depends on if the Patriots are still paying his company for 'medical' services.

                          I can't believe the NFL let that stand.

                          Yes I can.

                          I hate that man.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

                            Good advice!

                            What is your genre? Are you still writing?

                            That is what I do. This one is a year or two old, but I refuse to give up on it yet. Usually after the third submission, I give up on submitting. I think this one has been rejected 5 times so far. I just finished a new short a few weeks ago, so I completed some edits on this one and tried again. I'll move on to another new one and keep trying to find this one a home.

                            I've been writing short stories about 12 - 13 years, been submitting them for about 10 years. No takers yet. You would think I would have improved after that much time, but there is a lot of competition out there. I try and remind myself that often.

                            You know... it's funny... going back to earlier in the conversation... passed out at 11:00pm last night (pretty early for me, but becoming more common these days)... but woke up at 1:30 for no particular reason. Must have been pretty close to a full sleep cycle, because I couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

                            If it wouldn't disturb the pets and wife, I would have gotten up and played videogames or something.

                            As for your questions -

                            Don't get me wrong. Not much of a writer.

                            SciFi/Fantasy though is what I *did* do some writing on. Just for fun.

                            Technically what we wrote was fanfiction for Star Wars. Fell into it by accident. Started messing around with a friend on a Star Wars Role Playing forum, and it eventually turned into more of a story. Over the span of a few years, we wrote several hundred pages worth though.

                            I don't really like fan-fiction that much, but as it turned out, writing in an already existing universe is much easier for someone with little creativity like me.

                            Comment


                            • You know, I was almost worried for a minute that we wouldn't have any good drama this offseason!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                                You know... it's funny... going back to earlier in the conversation... passed out at 11:00pm last night (pretty early for me, but becoming more common these days)... but woke up at 1:30 for no particular reason. Must have been pretty close to a full sleep cycle, because I couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

                                If it wouldn't disturb the pets and wife, I would have gotten up and played videogames or something.

                                As for your questions -

                                Don't get me wrong. Not much of a writer.

                                SciFi/Fantasy though is what I *did* do some writing on. Just for fun.

                                Technically what we wrote was fanfiction for Star Wars. Fell into it by accident. Started messing around with a friend on a Star Wars Role Playing forum, and it eventually turned into more of a story. Over the span of a few years, we wrote several hundred pages worth though.

                                I don't really like fan-fiction that much, but as it turned out, writing in an already existing universe is much easier for someone with little creativity like me.
                                several hundred pages for not much of a writer.

                                The lack of sleep stuff stinks .... think it's going around my household here. I couldn't fall asleep for almost an hour the other night, because I was worried about my dog being outside. He was bit or stung by something earlier this week. After laying awake for a good hour, I got up to go check on him only to find he had already come in while I was worrying and fell asleep on the floor.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                                Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X