Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

several hundred pages for not much of a writer.

The lack of sleep stuff stinks .... think it's going around my household here. I couldn't fall asleep for almost an hour the other night, because I was worried about my dog being outside. He was bit or stung by something earlier this week. After laying awake for a good hour, I got up to go check on him only to find he had already come in while I was worrying and fell asleep on the floor.
    You doubt the ability of a bad but bored writer to put out volume?

I'm usually good if I get more than 5 hours. 4 will often be plenty, depending. I aim for 6 and usually get it.

The pets make it next to impossible for me to get any more than that.

Comment

• I like to think I can get by with 5 or 6 hours, but it would be nice for a change to have continuous sleep. Based on my discussions, us older dudes sleep poorer, which is a bit surprising to me. Now, admittedly there may be a "pit stop" involved, but the problem with sleep is the constant waking up. Heck, you can lay there for 10 hours or more, but only get a couple hours of good sleep.
      No question, sleep deprivation is a health issue.

Comment

• Crazy sports weekend....a bunch of game 7s in The NHL, including 2 OTs last night, and the NBA had some interesting outcomes. Dallas and Boston movin on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I like to think I can get by with 5 or 6 hours, but it would be nice for a change to have continuous sleep. Based on my discussions, us older dudes sleep poorer, which is a bit surprising to me. Now, admittedly there may be a "pit stop" involved, but the problem with sleep is the constant waking up. Heck, you can lay there for 10 hours or more, but only get a couple hours of good sleep.
          This is true. I've always been a relatively light sleeper as well as one who doesn't get a lot of hours of sleep. For years, it was very difficult for me to fall asleep. I'm finally getting better about that.

Even if nothing interrupted me (which will never happen), I don't think I'd sleep more than 7 hours most of the time unless I was under the weather or something.

More importantly, it's not realistic to even dream of it happening, so why bother.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Crazy sports weekend....a bunch of game 7s in The NHL, including 2 OTs last night, and the NBA had some interesting outcomes. Dallas and Boston movin on.
          Well, it's been a long and annoying and not worth telling story, but I should be getting my new couch for downstairs finally on Wednesday.

That means that if I can get the wife to hang with me downstairs, I can watch hockey playoffs while something else is on TV as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

This is true. I've always been a relatively light sleeper as well as one who doesn't get a lot of hours of sleep. For years, it was very difficult for me to fall asleep. I'm finally getting better about that.

Even if nothing interrupted me (which will never happen), I don't think I'd sleep more than 7 hours most of the time unless I was under the weather or something.

More importantly, it's not realistic to even dream of it happening, so why bother.

Well, it's been a long and annoying and not worth telling story, but I should be getting my new couch for downstairs finally on Wednesday.

That means that if I can get the wife to hang with me downstairs, I can watch hockey playoffs while something else is on TV as well.
            After losing tv/internet for 3 full days, which seemed like an eternity, we found out there are customers affected by this outage who did not have service, 2 weeks later!!!!!! I feel so sorry for them.

One couple decided to change telcos, and I don't blame them, and then had to wait for a few days because of another technical matter.

Comment

After losing tv/internet for 3 full days, which seemed like an eternity, we found out there are customers affected by this outage who did not have service, 2 weeks later!!!!!! I feel so sorry for them.

One couple decided to change telcos, and I don't blame them, and then had to wait for a few days because of another technical matter.
              I would certainly be considering changing companies. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than one that did.

Comment

I would certainly be considering changing companies. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than one that did.
                I am "this" close!!!

Comment

I am "this" close!!!

lol.

It's fun watching the way the squirrels in our yard are willing to contort and jump and do all the things to get at the bird food.

Our pup enjoys it as well... though a bit differently.

Right now our bird feeders are on a shepherd's hook in the middle of the yard, because we had to move them off our deck because it was making the pup manic. One of these days I'm going to oil up the hook and watch them try to get up there anyway. lol.

I'm not mean enough to do a catapult or anything like that, but this I think I could just enjoy and not feel TOO evil.

Comment

lol.

It's fun watching the way the squirrels in our yard are willing to contort and jump and do all the things to get at the bird food.

Our pup enjoys it as well... though a bit differently.

Right now our bird feeders are on a shepherd's hook in the middle of the yard, because we had to move them off our deck because it was making the pup manic. One of these days I'm going to oil up the hook and watch them try to get up there anyway. lol.

I'm not mean enough to do a catapult or anything like that, but this I think I could just enjoy and not feel TOO evil.
                    Have you had a visit from the Squirrel of Doom?

Comment

I like to think I can get by with 5 or 6 hours, but it would be nice for a change to have continuous sleep. Based on my discussions, us older dudes sleep poorer, which is a bit surprising to me. Now, admittedly there may be a "pit stop" involved, but the problem with sleep is the constant waking up. Heck, you can lay there for 10 hours or more, but only get a couple hours of good sleep.
                      I always shoot for six, unless I know it won't happen. Then I shoot for 5, then 4, then 3 .... doesn't really matter after that because it's going to be a long day. Certainly can be unhealthy when that becomes the norm though.

I would say turn on the tv and fall asleep to that, but doesn't sound like much of an option for you right now. Good luck with that!
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post

Have you had a visit from the Squirrel of Doom?
                        I'm still talking to you, aren't I?

Comment

• Those darn squirrels. Even though we moved to a condo, and even though we are not near the bottom, we still get the occasional visit. Like yesterday. I suppose it was wondering if we were going to have a glass of wine for it, on the balcony. I will investigate wine favs for squirrels.

Comment

Hmmm.... has a lovely nutty aftertaste!

Comment

Hmmm.... has a lovely nutty aftertaste!
                              With a hint of fungi.

Comment

With a hint of fungi.
                                Just....

Why?