X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Sean Penn is in Ukraine filming a documentary on the Russian invasion. If it gets produced, should be informative.
    Sean Penn has a flair for life, and in spite of some of the reputation he has, more so in younger years, he does impress me. He takes on issues that others may not, and he does so with timeliness and from my perspective, with a good heart. Some prefer that celebrities do not use their platforms outside of more basic things, but in Penn's case, I salute him.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-25-2022, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

True. Regardless, I'm very proud of those fighting for their freedom and democracy. As well as Russians protesting. For all the good my being proud does....
    Sean Penn is in Ukraine filming a documentary on the Russian invasion. If it gets produced, should be informative.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

It will be interesting, but extremely painful to see how events unfold, It might take years before a positive resolution is achieved. Freedoms have been systematically stamped out in Russia, but Ukrainians fighting for their freedom and democracy will demonstrate not to take it for granted regardless of who tries to compromise it.
    True. Regardless, I'm very proud of those fighting for their freedom and democracy. As well as Russians protesting. For all the good my being proud does....

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Almost all of us are. Even in Russia.

Hard not to be encouraged by the early resistance and news, but it's so hard to predict where this will all go from here. Very scary times.

Hoping for a quick and swift resolution in the side of all that is right... but also know how unlikely that is.
    It will be interesting, but extremely painful to see how events unfold, It might take years before a positive resolution is achieved. Freedoms have been systematically stamped out in Russia, but Ukrainians fighting for their freedom and democracy will demonstrate not to take it for granted regardless of who tries to compromise it.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

The first of many I fear. The world needs to pray for peace.
    Almost all of us are. Even in Russia.

Hard not to be encouraged by the early resistance and news, but it's so hard to predict where this will all go from here. Very scary times.

Hoping for a quick and swift resolution in the side of all that is right... but also know how unlikely that is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X