Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=2 Minute Warning;n8417367]
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I know I have talked about this before, somewhere(??), but it still amazes me when going for a walk in our nearby park, only to come close to dear. Like barely 15 feet sometimes. Who take a look or two, but maintain their place as long as we do not startle them. They are simply beautiful![/QUOTE

Deer? We have seen a few hear. We are quite close to a busy road so I am surprised how much wildlife we do see, at the same time it makes me nervous about things getting hit by cars.

Here are some recent your basic backyard variety shots. We enjoy feeding the Birds and lean towards stuff for the Crows. Very smart and fun to watch.
    Not sure if this will work or not...we know there has been a recent Bear but no pics yet. Deer have been visiting most every night, and we have some Bunnies.

https://twitter.com/summerzagain38/s...92054650867712

SOMEWHERE I have some daytime picks of Deer and we had a family of Turkeys often right along the back of the house, I would be looking out in the field when they were right under my nose lol. We have about an acre, our neighbors have more and keep the backforty so to speak open for the wildlife.
    Haha....I spelled it "dear". Well, they are kind of sweet. And yes, in my head I am saying, "what a dear creature!".

(ok...my bad)

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Anyway.....got our 2nd boost yesterday. Gotta say, not only do I have that upper arm pain, but I feel a little yucky. But it's the price I pay to become "Superman". Invincible. Well, superman with daily aches and pains, but I do have a Super pill.....the big A (dvil), to support me in my quest.

Hope it doesn't stick around too long, the after effects of the shot. It's good to have that extra layer of protection.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

lol.

Working from home?

It can be hard to balance.

I've been through phases where I worked too much... and being available outside standard hours is part of the gig, and it used to be a large part of the gig.

I'm trying to balance it out by working too little these days.

We'll see how that goes.

Yes, I went back to office for a few months and worked a lot less there. People stop by to chat a few, taking true breaks and getting out for a few minutes.

I work far more at home, and having the option to work late or jump on when I can without going into the office takes a bit of the balance away.

There are some positives of working from home too, weird is some are the same as the negative - the option to be on when I can is a big one.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

Deer? We have seen a few hear. We are quite close to a busy road so I am surprised how much wildlife we do see, at the same time it makes me nervous about things getting hit by cars.

Here are some recent your basic backyard variety shots. We enjoy feeding the Birds and lean towards stuff for the Crows. Very smart and fun to watch.
          Not sure if this will work or not...we know there has been a recent Bear but no pics yet. Deer have been visiting most every night, and we have some Bunnies.

SOMEWHERE I have some daytime picks of Deer and we had a family of Turkeys often right along the back of the house, I would be looking out in the field when they were right under my nose lol. We have about an acre, our neighbors have more and keep the backforty so to speak open for the wildlife.
          Those are some nice pics. Thanks for sharing!

We don't get crows in our yard often. I would love to make some crow friends. Any time they come up on reddit or something, I'll always go through most of the comments to get some of the fun stories that people have about how smart and social they can be.

We do get Blue Jays, which we absolutely love. They're not quite as clever as the crows, but they are part of the same family and they have been known to do a lot of similar things. It's a small goal of mine to make friends with them to the point where they don't run away too quick if we're outside, or even to the point where they bring gifts. lol. May be a long shot, but it's fun to think about.

As it is, they sometimes warn us if there's a snake in the creek or the area. Ok, they're probably not intending to warn us specifically, but it works.

Comment

That's ok, because I never notice whether I get them or not. I'd never know that you accidentally liked something I said.
            Last say....I really must be weird then, because I just normally check my notifications, which is a feature I do "like". It points out who is looking at your posts, including quoting you, therefore I can find those posts easily. In previous days I had to look around for those who quoted me. So I find it a very nice feature for knowing who reads (definitely those who quote you), even likes, your stuff.

Comment

• "When will they ever learn...."

A great song, a sad truth.

Comment

"When will they ever learn...."

A great song, a sad truth.
                Pete Seeger
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Last say....I really must be weird then, because I just normally check my notifications, which is a feature I do "like". It points out who is looking at your posts, including quoting you, therefore I can find those posts easily. In previous days I had to look around for those who quoted me. So I find it a very nice feature for knowing who reads (definitely those who quote you), even likes, your stuff.
                  I don't get notifications for likes. I do for quotes, which I do like.

Comment

This is your notification.

I "Liked" your post.

If I keep doing this, how long will it take for you to turn off all notifications?
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• [QUOTE=2 Minute Warning;n8417367]
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I know I have talked about this before, somewhere(??), but it still amazes me when going for a walk in our nearby park, only to come close to dear. Like barely 15 feet sometimes. Who take a look or two, but maintain their place as long as we do not startle them. They are simply beautiful![/QUOTE

Nice photography! Was the first one a squirrel too? Watch out for the Bear, no close ups About the only wildlife we see in our neighborhood are bunnies and quail.
                      sigpic

Comment

You can turn them off?

Hmmm....if so.

Interesting.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sophia23;n8417415]
                          Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

Nice photography! Was the first one a squirrel too? Watch out for the Bear, no close ups About the only wildlife we see in our neighborhood are bunnies and quail.
                          Ha ha....first one was a Skunk in the dark...gotta admit they are cute. And they are all in the same spot inthe backyard by a tree, I am not good at distances.....50 feet ? maybe? Using a critter webcam type thingy. You know how technical I am lol...not. We have Bunnies, no good pics yet.
                          Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 05-28-2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Those are some nice pics. Thanks for sharing!

We don't get crows in our yard often. I would love to make some crow friends. Any time they come up on reddit or something, I'll always go through most of the comments to get some of the fun stories that people have about how smart and social they can be.

We do get Blue Jays, which we absolutely love. They're not quite as clever as the crows, but they are part of the same family and they have been known to do a lot of similar things. It's a small goal of mine to make friends with them to the point where they don't run away too quick if we're outside, or even to the point where they bring gifts. lol. May be a long shot, but it's fun to think about.

As it is, they sometimes warn us if there's a snake in the creek or the area. Ok, they're probably not intending to warn us specifically, but it works.
                            We had lots of Blue Jays where we used to live I adore them, and miss them. We finally had some start hanging around last Winter, partaking in some of the Crows peanuts popcorn pizza cracker sunflowerseeds mini milk bones ect.ect.ect.ect. whatever, and it was so much fun to see them again, albeit they are *right around the corner nextdoor, but had been not around here much. Eventually they kind of moved on again, maybe somewhere with less competition?...not that Crows are pushy or anything...hahaha
                            Where we used to live up till 6 years ago we had many Jays,, often there would be a group flying around the neighborhood checking for treats, which we provided sometimes and they eat and would fly off in the same direction everytime making their rounds, could almost set your clock by them. Corvidae family are very cool indeed.

Comment

• They DO exist..saw my first ever.....kelvin heimolz clouds yesterday, sadly no pics, was beginning to wonder if I would ever see any.

For those who don't know what they look like

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...&bih=844&dpr=1

Always keeping my eyes on the sky or.....I brake for clouds.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                                They DO exist..saw my first ever.....kelvin heimolz clouds yesterday, sadly no pics, was beginning to wonder if I would ever see any.

For those who don't know what they look like

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...&bih=844&dpr=1

Always keeping my eyes on the sky or.....I brake for clouds.
                                Those are cool, like waves in the sky. I don't think I've ever seen those before.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X