Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I get why the PGA may not like another competing tour, especially one that is trying to sign away big names....

    I just think the threats for kicking off the tour are out of left field. Players have played outside the PGA for ages and had no issues.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      I get why the PGA may not like another competing tour, especially one that is trying to sign away big names....

      I just think the threats for kicking off the tour are out of left field. Players have played outside the PGA for ages and had no issues.
      It's a multi-faceted situation with some controversial statements and trash talk coming from golfers on both sides of the issue.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

        How much longer till she's due?
        Less than 3 weeks till the due date now.
        She's getting B12 injections tomorrow which will help with energy & mood hopefully. I just wish my son weren't in such a bad way with his arms & he was able to drive. They live in quite a remote area and it's going to be nervewracking waiting for the ambulance when she goes into labour. I mean I'll jump in the car and head North when the time comes but it'll take me 2 hours to get there and if it's a work day I'll have to take Mum with me. My son's on the urgent list for injections but that could easily be another month or two away.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jaws View Post

          Less than 3 weeks till the due date now.
          She's getting B12 injections tomorrow which will help with energy & mood hopefully. I just wish my son weren't in such a bad way with his arms & he was able to drive. They live in quite a remote area and it's going to be nervewracking waiting for the ambulance when she goes into labour. I mean I'll jump in the car and head North when the time comes but it'll take me 2 hours to get there and if it's a work day I'll have to take Mum with me. My son's on the urgent list for injections but that could easily be another month or two away.
          Dang, that is stressful.

          I don't know if I missed it or simply forgot, but what is wrong with the boy's fins?

          Comment


          • Geez, since I mentioned the new LIV golf tour, several more well known players have jumped ship - Fowler, Reed and Dechambeau. These are good golfers. I see some fireworks coming and it isn't even dark outside!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Geez, since I mentioned the new LIV golf tour, several more well known players have jumped ship - Fowler, Reed and Dechambeau. These are good golfers. I see some fireworks coming and it isn't even dark outside!
              LIV is handing out a lot of money. Money talks.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                LIV is handing out a lot of money. Money talks.
                No doubt. It is sort of fascinating to me how quickly this is becoming a reality, and how it will impact The PGA, The Majors, the records, and so on. I am not surprised who has left from The PGA, because I sense they are money types. The Euro players make sense, given they play overseas a lot of the time as is. But the key question, "how many more big names leave", and eventually, how does that impact the revenues and strength of The PGA.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                  No doubt. It is sort of fascinating to me how quickly this is becoming a reality, and how it will impact The PGA, The Majors, the records, and so on. I am not surprised who has left from The PGA, because I sense they are money types. The Euro players make sense, given they play overseas a lot of the time as is. But the key question, "how many more big names leave", and eventually, how does that impact the revenues and strength of The PGA.
                  Sure. It's a big deal in the world of golf which will definitely be changed as a result. The large sums are being handed out for reasons. One wonders if those reasons will confine themselves to golf, or expand into other sports or beyond. Actually, it already has. Time will tell.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                    Sure. It's a big deal in the world of golf which will definitely be changed as a result. The large sums are being handed out for reasons. One wonders if those reasons will confine themselves to golf, or expand into other sports or beyond. Actually, it already has. Time will tell.
                    I love golf, and I used to love playing it. My dream opportunity would be to play Augusta and Pebble Beach. Of course there are many others. But based on how things are evolving, The Masters and the other majors will be played by fewer of the best. This will probably dilute the record books, and asterisks may appear. Tiger has been chasing Jack for the most majors, and may never reach him, but depending how diluted the tour, these records may not stand up as they should.

                    The solution for me is to ensure the best are eligible for Majors. Maybe that is already part of the plan, but I assume being suspended means you can not play The Majors. The other tournaments are important, but the big boys skips some of them, even a lot of them, for the big 4, plus a few others (The Players Championship for sure) that are ranked just behind in terms of importance.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jaws View Post

                      Thanks.
                      M my son's partner is on her last night of work at the Nursing Home, I don't know how she's managed up to now. She sees a Consultant Thursday.
                      Hope you're doing ok.
                      Boy I do not miss working nights or working in nursing homes, glad that is in my past.

                      WellI finally had the surgery I waited months for, so good to have that in my past, am now on a different chemo schedule pills and weekly blood tests so we shall see how that goes,it has been a whirlwind some weeks, will spare you those weeks lol couldn't keep track myself sometimes. Dust seems to have settled hopefully for sometime now.
                      We are having great weather, so rare...not too hot not too cold not too humid, it might not last so enjoying along it with the flowers

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

                        Boy I do not miss working nights or working in nursing homes, glad that is in my past.

                        WellI finally had the surgery I waited months for, so good to have that in my past, am now on a different chemo schedule pills and weekly blood tests so we shall see how that goes,it has been a whirlwind some weeks, will spare you those weeks lol couldn't keep track myself sometimes. Dust seems to have settled hopefully for sometime now.
                        We are having great weather, so rare...not too hot not too cold not too humid, it might not last so enjoying along it with the flowers
                        Glad you're doing okay. Still praying for you.
                        Administrator

                        Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                        Lupus Awareness Month

                        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                          Dang, that is stressful.

                          I don't know if I missed it or simply forgot, but what is wrong with the boy's fins?
                          He has Radial Tunnel Syndrome in both arms, real bad. He's been very fortunate to have had his three girls around to help with farm work the past couple of years. He can't drive, nor can he go out to do his contracting work - fencing, dry stonewalling etc. Losing that supplementary income is tough.

                          Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

                          Boy I do not miss working nights or working in nursing homes, glad that is in my past.

                          WellI finally had the surgery I waited months for, so good to have that in my past, am now on a different chemo schedule pills and weekly blood tests so we shall see how that goes,it has been a whirlwind some weeks, will spare you those weeks lol couldn't keep track myself sometimes. Dust seems to have settled hopefully for sometime now.
                          We are having great weather, so rare...not too hot not too cold not too humid, it might not last so enjoying along it with the flowers
                          I didn't realise you had worked in Nursing Homes. Judging by my inability to stay awake for Broncos games I think I'd be pretty awful at nights.
                          Glad to hear the wait is over & hope & pray you heal well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

                            Boy I do not miss working nights or working in nursing homes, glad that is in my past.

                            WellI finally had the surgery I waited months for, so good to have that in my past, am now on a different chemo schedule pills and weekly blood tests so we shall see how that goes,it has been a whirlwind some weeks, will spare you those weeks lol couldn't keep track myself sometimes. Dust seems to have settled hopefully for sometime now.
                            We are having great weather, so rare...not too hot not too cold not too humid, it might not last so enjoying along it with the flowers
                            It's a hard thing for the dust to ever settle on I imagine, but I hope the new schedule works well for you and glad the surgery is behind you. Keeping you in my prayers.



                            Originally posted by Jaws View Post

                            He has Radial Tunnel Syndrome in both arms, real bad. He's been very fortunate to have had his three girls around to help with farm work the past couple of years. He can't drive, nor can he go out to do his contracting work - fencing, dry stonewalling etc. Losing that supplementary income is tough.



                            I didn't realise you had worked in Nursing Homes. Judging by my inability to stay awake for Broncos games I think I'd be pretty awful at nights.
                            Glad to hear the wait is over & hope & pray you heal well.
                            Sorry to hear about your son, Jaws, and his fiancee with the low iron. To me, it can be very scary to hear someone you care about needs a blood transfusion. I hope all works out ok for both.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

                              Boy I do not miss working nights or working in nursing homes, glad that is in my past.

                              WellI finally had the surgery I waited months for, so good to have that in my past, am now on a different chemo schedule pills and weekly blood tests so we shall see how that goes,it has been a whirlwind some weeks, will spare you those weeks lol couldn't keep track myself sometimes. Dust seems to have settled hopefully for sometime now.
                              We are having great weather, so rare...not too hot not too cold not too humid, it might not last so enjoying along it with the flowers
                              Good to hear! Happy that you are settling in as you say.

                              Enjoy the nice weather, and all the good stuff that nature brings us. My walks in the park are increasingly special, and I am so appreciative that it is so close to us. Last couple of days have been large turtle sightings on a log, in an overflow area off the river.

                              I just love the smells that rise from the warm earth, weather during sunny days or after rain. And the sunsets off the river are just wonderful! So simple, but so amazing.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jaws View Post

                                He has Radial Tunnel Syndrome in both arms, real bad. He's been very fortunate to have had his three girls around to help with farm work the past couple of years. He can't drive, nor can he go out to do his contracting work - fencing, dry stonewalling etc. Losing that supplementary income is tough.

                                Yeah, that would be tough. Very.

                                My wife has been having pain in her left shoulder and arm... it's been bothering her because it's the *left* shoulder and arm and she's trying to exercise more. Finally went to the Dr. to get it checked out and he thinks its a pinched nerve. Obviously not as bad as what RTS sounds like, but some similar symptoms for obvious reasons.

                                Couple years though? Is there nothing they can do longer term?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X