Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

    Sorry to hear about your son, Jaws, and his fiancee with the low iron. To me, it can be very scary to hear someone you care about needs a blood transfusion. I hope all works out ok for both.
    Thanks

    LT, injections are the first step, surgery if that doesn't work. The pandemic hasn't helped!
    Hope V gets some relief.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

      Good to hear! Happy that you are settling in as you say.

      Enjoy the nice weather, and all the good stuff that nature brings us. My walks in the park are increasingly special, and I am so appreciative that it is so close to us. Last couple of days have been large turtle sightings on a log, in an overflow area off the river.

      I just love the smells that rise from the warm earth, weather during sunny days or after rain. And the sunsets off the river are just wonderful! So simple, but so amazing.

      That would make for some cool pictures hint hint........hint....

      Thanks Sophia and Jaws, the past year has been a strange one indeed, been about that long since I found out I had cancer in the midst of covid.. have had 2 hospital stays (non-covid related).....anywho....what a pain.

      many moons ago I started out in Nursing at the end of highs school, shifted to Veterinary work for quite awhile, later shifted back to the human race medicine Hubby and I both became EMT's for 10 years, didn't like night shifts then either lol, but did drag out of bed for the occassional local first response....then took forever to catch up on sleep. Did a factory job night shift a few years, always made sure I was still on the list of those wanting the day shift lol.

      Time for some Iced tea....have the adult beverages on ice for later.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
        That would make for some cool pictures hint hint........hint....

        Thanks Sophia and Jaws, the past year has been a strange one indeed, been about that long since I found out I had cancer in the midst of covid.. have had 2 hospital stays (non-covid related).....anywho....what a pain.

        many moons ago I started out in Nursing at the end of highs school, shifted to Veterinary work for quite awhile, later shifted back to the human race medicine Hubby and I both became EMT's for 10 years, didn't like night shifts then either lol, but did drag out of bed for the occassional local first response....then took forever to catch up on sleep. Did a factory job night shift a few years, always made sure I was still on the list of those wanting the day shift lol.

        Time for some Iced tea....have the adult beverages on ice for later.
        Sounds like you have spent your whole life helping others. That is life well spent!

        My husband spent his whole life doing factory work. After 20 - 30 years working the 2nd and 3rd shifts, he finally ended up on a day shift a few years ago. The money differential is not worth the wear and tear on your body, if you can get an earlier one. My take anyways. After finally getting that day shift, he has had to leave work behind. I don't believe he'll ever return to working, unless a miracle happens. I wouldn't allow him to return if he could. Trying to enjoy that morning sunshine, walking the dogs and what not.
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

          Sounds like you have spent your whole life helping others. That is life well spent!

          My husband spent his whole life doing factory work. After 20 - 30 years working the 2nd and 3rd shifts, he finally ended up on a day shift a few years ago. The money differential is not worth the wear and tear on your body, if you can get an earlier one. My take anyways. After finally getting that day shift, he has had to leave work behind. I don't believe he'll ever return to working, unless a miracle happens. I wouldn't allow him to return if he could. Trying to enjoy that morning sunshine, walking the dogs and what not.
          Like my endless posts.....


          Comment


          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

            Like my endless posts.....


            Do you do the night shift too?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jaws View Post

              Do you do the night shift too?
              Well I am kind of shifty....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                Like my endless posts.....


                Must be my laptop, it worked for 2 seconds allowing me to post an image. Tried to correct something, now it's back to giving me errors. It was accidentally working for me. My laptop is shifty.

                sigpic
                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                  Well I am kind of shifty....
                  Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

                  Must be my laptop, it worked for 2 seconds allowing me to post an image. Tried to correct something, now it's back to giving me errors. It was accidentally working for me. My laptop is shifty.

                  ................

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post


                    Just saw this movie the other day!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                      Just saw this movie the other day!
                      I have a bit of a fixation for movies/docs related to that financial era. As I do for other major events that show how things got going in the wrong direction.

                      Comment


                      • This was actually the first I'd watched of anything on the whole thing. I was aware of some of the issues, but not a lot.

                        It's very interesting, but at the same time.... the way a lot of that works is beyond me. Insane though.

                        Comment


                        • It's a good day for me, but a sad reminder for my wife.

                          Anniversary.

                          Comment



                          • Night Plane spotting is getting rarer with days being longer these days, I do enjoy watching them at night ( and during the day) but at night they glow with the lights on the tails and logos, so many cool logos out there Problem with LAX and Heathrow and some others.. often murky, sometimes have to search overseas for a clear sky. We don't watch alot of T.V.....obviously lol.





                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmMMwQt-hA




                            Might have told you I lived right next to an Airport in Denver, Stapleton, relaxing watching and listening even with them right overhead....awesome.

                            Also lived by the Air Force Academy,it tended to get annoying.....Too fast too low too loud .....and they did pick up their toys and moved to a less populated area,at that time lord knows there was still open spaces back when I was there. And before people say WEll you moved in next door, well I was still a teenager not my idea lol. I did enjoy attending Air Academy High where I graduated many moons ago.




                            The End

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                              Night Plane spotting is getting rarer with days being longer these days, I do enjoy watching them at night ( and during the day) but at night they glow with the lights on the tails and logos, so many cool logos out there Problem with LAX and Heathrow and some others.. often murky, sometimes have to search overseas for a clear sky. We don't watch alot of T.V.....obviously lol.





                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmMMwQt-hA




                              Might have told you I lived right next to an Airport in Denver, Stapleton, relaxing watching and listening even with them right overhead....awesome.

                              Also lived by the Air Force Academy,it tended to get annoying.....Too fast too low too loud .....and they did pick up their toys and moved to a less populated area,at that time lord knows there was still open spaces back when I was there. And before people say WEll you moved in next door, well I was still a teenager not my idea lol. I did enjoy attending Air Academy High where I graduated many moons ago.




                              The End
                              During the late Sixties lived off of East Colfax east of Fitzsimmons and went out to Stapleton often. There was the road that went around the east and north of one of the runways where people would pull off and park to watch the planes fly right over, or something.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                                During the late Sixties lived off of East Colfax east of Fitzsimmons and went out to Stapleton often. There was the road that went around the east and north of one of the runways where people would pull off and park to watch the planes fly right over, or something.
                                Very cool, around that time I lived in a house at the end of one of the runways, awesome to see them so low. Don't remember what the road it was a brief stay with an Aunt. Later in the early 70's same Aunt worked magazine/candybar area nights at the Airport, she had since moved, anyways sometimes on my school breaks I would go to work with her, fun yet odd seeing the airport so quiet at times in the wee hours of the morning. Would have the observation deck all to myself to sit back and see which were stars, and which were planes landing. Good times.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X