Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Never paid much attention to crows, but saw a video this morning of a rabbit chasing a crow away from her baby-made me think of you 2mw.
    Over the years I have seen them do some very clever things, also can be quite ornery. Bunny did the right thing IMO
    Or at least they sound ornery sometimes, perhaps just being drama queens?
    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 08-09-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• We had a shelf cloud the other night, preceding a heavy storm. I have been a real weather watcher since my youth, and though I've seen a lot of storms over the decades, some of the cloud formations nowadays are just flat weird. In fact, they actually have published the names of new clouds, which is interesting on its own.

Here's a couple of shelf clouds that are becoming more frequent (based on my observation):

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	81
Size:	463.8 KB
ID:	8422317:

Views:	64
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	8422318

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        We had a shelf cloud the other night, preceding a heavy storm. I have been a real weather watcher since my youth, and though I've seen a lot of storms over the decades, some of the cloud formations nowadays are just flat weird. In fact, they actually have published the names of new clouds, which is interesting on its own.

Here's a couple of shelf clouds that are becoming more frequent (based on my observation):

Views:	81
Size:	463.8 KB
ID:	8422317:

Views:	64
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	8422318
        Those are interesting. Anytime I see certain types of large clouds I think of a Joe Hill short novel "Aloft" and imagine people being stuck up there.

Our weather out here isn't much to watch, but different cloud formations are always kind of cool.
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• There's a part of the summer when I think it can't be any better, but that's just me. After the so called Dog Days, when the the summer heat peaks, there's a period of slightly declining high temperatures, which carries us towards early autumn. The weather can be very warm/hot, though not likely to stay that way, and the nights a little fresher. It is one of may favourite times of the year, because the weather can be great, and it takes us into September, which involves all sorts of coming together after the summer break...including the NFL season. I also love early autumn, with the smell and scenic nature....of nature. The colours are so beautiful!

The last few evenings here have been amazing! My walks with the dog are almost perfect most days. It feels great absorbing a gentle breeze on a warm evening, and watching the sunset with all its glory. These are the moments to appreciate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Those are interesting. Anytime I see certain types of large clouds I think of a Joe Hill short novel "Aloft" and imagine people being stuck up there.

Our weather out here isn't much to watch, but different cloud formations are always kind of cool.
            We had some poofiness here the other day, I just know there are many we probably miss seeing.......
            I am kind of drawn to the shimmer in the trees also.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	poofy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	8422691

Yes those days you wish would stay all year......well maybe give winter a couple weeks. I said maybe....
            Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 08-23-2022, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• I hope I can stay on this tract.....looking forward to the littlest of things. Like morning coffee and toast from our easy to make bread. Lets not forget the relatively healthy version of strawberry jam we buy. Today is even more good news, because my wife is making some wonderful cinnamon buns, which I can objectively state are among the best I've ever had.

When I am in a groove of sorts, I get into a good pattern of positive things to look forward to. Sports of course, interesting tv, walks in the park especially on days like this (really nice out again today). Supper most days. Sipping on a nice glass of wine on the balcony. Going to the gym. So many small but cool things.

Sure, I do look forward to bigger things, and usually have a pretty good memory for what may come....again, often sports related, but so much more. One for sure will be when the trees take on an autumn display.

Maybe this is the purest meaning of "Groovin".

Comment

• Welcome back, all!

I'm very ready for some Football!

Nice clouds, everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                  Welcome back, all!

I'm very ready for some Football!

Nice clouds, everyone!
                  I need some coffee.

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Tis the season.... time to enjoy my Sundays lounging around watching football!

Missed the boards. Peanut, you deserve a nice cup of coffee for all the questions you must've had to answer.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• I was a little worried after all these years - the message board officially shut down!

Thankfully, it was some other error!

Comment

• NFL is back! I think I can make it to Thursday.

Fantasy football drafts are done (for me). But why is it that I have the most incredible mock draft just before ours, and then realize (and appreciate) that our leagues are better than mock draft groups. The two leagues I'm in do not leave good stuff on the table.

Comment

• Haven't done Fantasy Football in years. Got boring for me after a while.

But I *am* batting 1.000 on my pickems for the year!

Comment

• I'm here just to internally lol and cry at the overreactions.

Comment

• Can - how was your first week of Fantasy Football?!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                                I'm here just to internally lol and cry at the overreactions.
                                You made good posts in that negativity thread, LT! I'm a big fan of facts, a more detailed analysis, and the complete, balanced, bigger picture —much appreciated!

I thought about jumping in, but I have nothing new to say to those folks, it's the same ol' same ol' and it feels like trying to shovel water upstream. As you noted, people flip out during eventual wins, all throughout the 12+win seasons we had with Manning, all the way to SB 50, and most recently the self-styled "objective" leader of the mob here went off the deep end after every AVs loss on the way to the Stanley Cup! Some people just have to be dragged whining, ranting, kicking and screaming all the way to final victory!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X