X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Tell us whatever you want to tell us, or nothing at all. We are here whenever you want us. And whether or not we talk for a while, we are thinking of you....on your road to a nice recovery.

I second that.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

Don't know yet how long, don't know if I want to know, every 3 weeks. Blood tests weekly.

Tell us whatever you want to tell us, or nothing at all. We are here whenever you want us. And whether or not we talk for a while, we are thinking of you....on your road to a nice recovery.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post

How long is the course of treatment and how frequent?
    Don't know yet how long, don't know if I want to know, every 3 weeks. Blood tests weekly.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied

Wishing I had more energy...hoping I'll *snap out of it lol.
    Guess chemo can do that.
    How long is the course of treatment and how frequent?

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied

How are you doing?
    Wishing I had more energy...hoping I'll *snap out of it lol.
    Guess chemo can do that.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    As for slippery....in the Great White North we are very accustomed to ice as you can imagine. So much so that we love to skate on it, curl on it, and try all other sorts of sporting events using it (and accompanying snow) as a base. But for all the fun, there can be danger. Can you imagine those downhill skiers hitting highway speeds on pretty much steep, icy courses??!!

I think most people I know have had a bad fall because of ice, but luckily not much in the way of head injury, other than some close calls. I feel so bad for many older folks who can not withstand any type of fall without some pain/broken bones.

Ironically, a few times I have saved myself from a bad fall on ice, but in so doing, have caused some leg muscle pain, as we humans overreact in the process of counterbalancing a fall. Nothing too bad but definitely muscle pulls. But sure, if you play hockey, you will have landed on hard ice more than once. And that's only a small part of the physicality of the game. Like super hard flying pucks and mean opponents!

One poor fellow wiped out near the condo last year, and was definitely hurt...I understand he went to the hospital, but fortunately recovered.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Mixed messaging... why was it good you came so early, and what's 'not too much' damage? lol

Can -

Regarding Teddy... you're absolutely right, but we could have all predicted this sort of response.

Nothing more Broncos Fandom than calling for Rypien to start.
    Lets hope The Broncos win this week, otherwise the 4 letter word will become very prominent....

Fire! (somebody)

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied

That is good to hear.
    How are you doing?

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied

Mixed messaging... why was it good you came so early, and what's 'not too much' damage? lol

Can -

Regarding Teddy... you're absolutely right, but we could have all predicted this sort of response.

Easier to put right because I went to see her within 24 hours of the injury.
    No damage to vertebrae, just bruising and soreness.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I hope it's nothing serious and that you're feeling better.

Ouch!

I've fallen a couple of times. Fortunately did not hurt myself. Did you know that mud is as slippery as ice?
    Well, it certainly can be! Depends on the mud and the ice....

Our backyard is fairly slanted in a number of spots, and the soil is a lot of clay, so we have a number of spots that are really slippery when wet/muddy. Puppy has caused me to fall back there a half dozen or so times this year already.

Fortunately, raised in CO and WY has made my leg reaction to slippage pretty decent. I've caught myself from falling way more times than I've fallen.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Nasty for Bunny LT.
    Feeling better thanks Peanut. The Osteopath said it was good I came to see her nice an early, not done too much damage thankfully.

Can -

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Nasty for Bunny LT.
    Feeling better thanks Peanut. The Osteopath said it was good I came to see her nice an early, not done too much damage thankfully.
    That is good to hear.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Nasty for Bunny LT.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    LT.....not going to shock you, but if The Broncos lose some more, the Teddy deniers will be up in arms. He could have above average stats but it won't matter. Other than the usual suspects (Fangio, Shurmur), Teddy is next in line to be "the reason".

(geez, he's even wearing our colours!!)

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied

Good plan!
    I think nocturnal kitchen work is not for me! I was clearing out an awkward corner unit just after 10 p.m and leaning forward on the stool. Only the stool slipped and tipped backwards. I ended on the floor with my tail in the air. Managed to get up by myself after a few minutes though. I've jarred the thorax area a bit and was winded. I have a habit of falling and hurting my back in October it would seem, coming up to the 3 year anniversary of multiple fractures after my diving downstairs fiasco!
    I've taken ibuprofen and am sitting semi reclined with a hot water bottle behind my back. I think it may be worth me calling the Osteopath in the morning to make an appointment.
    I hope it's nothing serious and that you're feeling better.

Aw.... you'd better make that appointment!

Sorry to hear about that! It sucks.

The Bunny fell down like 4 months ago and her tailbone is still sore/bruised because she hit it that hard.
    Ouch!

I've fallen a couple of times. Fortunately did not hurt myself. Did you know that mud is as slippery as ice?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X