Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post

    Could do with one of those right now!
    Life continues to be hectic, Dad 7 weeks in hospital by now, Mum in pieces a lot of the time.
    Thankfully, my brother was able to take over for a while end of week and i had 48 hours to myself in an Owl Hut! A pod in the Woodlands near the sea. T'was good for the soul, not as warm as the Azores, but still pretty blissful.
    Hope everyone doing well, have a good week!
    Owl Hut. That sounds awesome!

    Prayers continue.

    Leave a comment:


  • CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post

    Could do with one of those right now!
    Life continues to be hectic, Dad 7 weeks in hospital by now, Mum in pieces a lot of the time.
    Thankfully, my brother was able to take over for a while end of week and i had 48 hours to myself in an Owl Hut! A pod in the Woodlands near the sea. T'was good for the soul, not as warm as the Azores, but still pretty blissful.
    Hope everyone doing well, have a good week!
    Hey pal....been a difficult year, but in some ways, for us, a very good year. Silver linings here and there. Some personal and some non personal victories!

    Be cool!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

    This is a bold coffee with a real bite!
    Could do with one of those right now!
    Life continues to be hectic, Dad 7 weeks in hospital by now, Mum in pieces a lot of the time.
    Thankfully, my brother was able to take over for a while end of week and i had 48 hours to myself in an Owl Hut! A pod in the Woodlands near the sea. T'was good for the soul, not as warm as the Azores, but still pretty blissful.
    Hope everyone doing well, have a good week!

    Leave a comment:


  • CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post

    I like! I'll have one of those in the Azores please.
    This is a bold coffee with a real bite!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I like! I'll have one of those in the Azores please.

    Leave a comment:


  • CanDB
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post

    Thanks.
    It was a fabulous day & the cherry on top was that she was finally able to visit Dad at the hospital. A 15 minute "visit" outside his room window, they could chat & hold hands. Very precious after 5 weeks apart.
    Jawsie....get your bags packed. With a potential vaccine on the way, we might get our Azores trip in by spring!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post

    Thanks.
    It was a fabulous day & the cherry on top was that she was finally able to visit Dad at the hospital. A 15 minute "visit" outside his room window, they could chat & hold hands. Very precious after 5 weeks apart.
    It's amazing how such "simple" things can mean so much. I'm glad she got a special gift on her day.

    Leave a comment:


  • CanDB
    replied
    The coffee is smelling so good these days.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post

    Glad you're able to go home.



    Happy birthday to your Mum!

    Thanks.
    It was a fabulous day & the cherry on top was that she was finally able to visit Dad at the hospital. A 15 minute "visit" outside his room window, they could chat & hold hands. Very precious after 5 weeks apart.

    Leave a comment:


  • Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    yay we might be able to go home today! we have been evaced for about 3 weeks now due to wildland fires
    Glad you're able to go home.

    Originally posted by Jaws View Post

    That was tough. Bet you're glad to be home.
    Tomorrow is my Mum's 80th
    Happy birthday to your Mum!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    Thanks Can!

    yay we might be able to go home today! we have been evaced for about 3 weeks now due to wildland fires
    That was tough. Bet you're glad to be home.
    Tomorrow is my Mum's 80th

    Leave a comment:


  • CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    i may hibernate through the winter...
    ive been working my day job and then getting off and helping fight the fire with glen haven fire when i can. I havent been on here much as havent had much time to post.

    over the summer i got into vintage car racing. I raced a 1962 and a 1964 austin healey sprite and it was a blast! makes me feel like a kid again.

    i see saddle hasnt return either

    hope you all are doing well!
    Good on you for being such a responsible community person!! But yes, you deserve some fun too!



    Leave a comment:


  • armedequation
    replied
    i may hibernate through the winter...
    ive been working my day job and then getting off and helping fight the fire with glen haven fire when i can. I havent been on here much as havent had much time to post.

    over the summer i got into vintage car racing. I raced a 1962 and a 1964 austin healey sprite and it was a blast! makes me feel like a kid again.

    i see saddle hasnt return either

    hope you all are doing well!

    Leave a comment:


  • CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    Thanks Can!

    yay we might be able to go home today! we have been evaced for about 3 weeks now due to wildland fires
    Sorry about that pal. Good that you might be able to return home!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X