X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

I sometimes have to leave the room if mushrooms are being cooked.

I'm also allergic to other forms of fungi, and I wonder if that plays a part. (Penicillin and many derivatives).

I can't stand them, but I don't begrudge those that like them. I'm even willing to pick them out of my food and not throw a fuss about it.

But what gets me is when people tell me I should like them 'because you can't even taste them in the food... they just take the flavor of what they're cooked in...' We may throw down.

Because if that's true, why bother putting them in at all?!

Denver weather is being especially fun the next 24 hours or so.

Can't complain.

Saturday is our 11 year wedding anniversary.
    Enjoy!!!

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Are you saying you don't actually like mushrooms? I'm no squirrel, not as far as I can tell, but I LOVE mushrooms!!!

Don't get my feathers truffled!
    I sometimes have to leave the room if mushrooms are being cooked.

I'm also allergic to other forms of fungi, and I wonder if that plays a part. (Penicillin and many derivatives).

I can't stand them, but I don't begrudge those that like them. I'm even willing to pick them out of my food and not throw a fuss about it.

But what gets me is when people tell me I should like them 'because you can't even taste them in the food... they just take the flavor of what they're cooked in...' We may throw down.

Because if that's true, why bother putting them in at all?!

This is insult to injury.....

Friday begins our long weekend, as folks get a head start to the lake, or wherever. The forecast on Friday says rain, mixed with some snow. The entire weekend will be well below average temperatures.

So you drive 100 miles or even more, with that gold people put in their gas tanks, and then brave out the cold, only to come back to a nice day on Tuesday.

Ok...the positive...Tuesday!!! (maybe even Monday afternoon)
    Denver weather is being especially fun the next 24 hours or so.

Can't complain.

Saturday is our 11 year wedding anniversary.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    This is insult to injury.....

Friday begins our long weekend, as folks get a head start to the lake, or wherever. The forecast on Friday says rain, mixed with some snow. The entire weekend will be well below average temperatures.

So you drive 100 miles or even more, with that gold people put in their gas tanks, and then brave out the cold, only to come back to a nice day on Tuesday.

Ok...the positive...Tuesday!!! (maybe even Monday afternoon)

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

$ is good.

Mushrooms are bad.
    Are you saying you don't actually like mushrooms? I'm no squirrel, not as far as I can tell, but I LOVE mushrooms!!!

Don't get my feathers truffled!

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

Hey pal....you have to remember your audience. If they want fungi, we serve 'em fungi.

For a price!!!
    $ is good.

Mushrooms are bad.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Better them than me, I guess!
    Hey pal....you have to remember your audience. If they want fungi, we serve 'em fungi.

For a price!!!

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

Squirrels eat fungi.....

Thought I'd give 'em what they want.
    Better them than me, I guess!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Just....

Why?

Squirrels eat fungi.....

Thought I'd give 'em what they want.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

With a hint of fungi.
    Just....

Why?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Hmmm.... has a lovely nutty aftertaste!
    With a hint of fungi.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

Hmmm.... has a lovely nutty aftertaste!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Those darn squirrels. Even though we moved to a condo, and even though we are not near the bottom, we still get the occasional visit. Like yesterday. I suppose it was wondering if we were going to have a glass of wine for it, on the balcony. I will investigate wine favs for squirrels.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post

Have you had a visit from the Squirrel of Doom?
    I'm still talking to you, aren't I?

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    I like to think I can get by with 5 or 6 hours, but it would be nice for a change to have continuous sleep. Based on my discussions, us older dudes sleep poorer, which is a bit surprising to me. Now, admittedly there may be a "pit stop" involved, but the problem with sleep is the constant waking up. Heck, you can lay there for 10 hours or more, but only get a couple hours of good sleep.
    No question, sleep deprivation is a health issue.
    I always shoot for six, unless I know it won't happen. Then I shoot for 5, then 4, then 3 .... doesn't really matter after that because it's going to be a long day. Certainly can be unhealthy when that becomes the norm though.

I would say turn on the tv and fall asleep to that, but doesn't sound like much of an option for you right now. Good luck with that!

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied

lol.

It's fun watching the way the squirrels in our yard are willing to contort and jump and do all the things to get at the bird food.

Our pup enjoys it as well... though a bit differently.

Right now our bird feeders are on a shepherd's hook in the middle of the yard, because we had to move them off our deck because it was making the pup manic. One of these days I'm going to oil up the hook and watch them try to get up there anyway. lol.

I'm not mean enough to do a catapult or anything like that, but this I think I could just enjoy and not feel TOO evil.
    Have you had a visit from the Squirrel of Doom?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X