How hard is your job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is your job?

Alright well I'm sitting here bored at work, because I basically do nothing while at work. I work at a gym, on a military base in San Diego. Basically what I do is this, I sit here in my ergonomic chair, check people's ID's when they come in, wash and fold a load of towels to hand out every so often... that's about it.

When I get bored I either just mess around on the computer, or I go play basketball, or work out, or play raquetball... anything but work.

What I want to know is what do you guys do at work? Is it as easy as my job or easier? I know I can't be the only one with nothing to do at work all day. Fill us in on what a day at work is like for you.

semi-flacid
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

i work my tail off ...i get one 20 minute break ina 12 hour day.. although i make a pretty decent wage so i dont complain
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

You ever seen that commercial where that guy is working with all monkeys?

Im one of the monkeys

by SNK

by mrbrightside111

Comment

long hours, low pay, lots of stress and under a time restraint....

yeah I'm living the American dream.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Some would say that I have one of the hardest jobs out there. At a glance it is, but its rewarding and I leave with a sense of accompishment.

Homestar, what base do you work at?

Comment

I have to stay busy at work. I don't have the internet... I mean I have a very strong work ethic! Seriously, when I was in the office I spent a lot of time looking for things to do, but when I get to go out into the shop I work hard and time flies. I prefer having a lot to do, though.
              ...When they're out for blood I always give...

Comment

It has it's moments, but I truly love it
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                  Some would say that I have one of the hardest jobs out there. At a glance it is, but its rewarding and I leave with a sense of accompishment.

Homestar, what base do you work at?
                  At the moment I work at Balboa, but I have also worked at 32nd street base and North Island. You know the bases here?

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^My sentiments exactly! I wouldn't trade my job for any other in the world (except maybe a play-by-play man for a major league baseball team)

Comment

My work is mediocre... it can be really challenging at times, and boring at others...

I mostly only struggle with the organizational part of my job... and with prying myself away from the boards to do some real work...

Comment

Yes school work is very very hard

Comment

Up until recently, my job was either crazy busy or I was bored out of my skull. We've now implimented a new database program, and its up to me to enter all the data in. So now I am busy all day.
                          It has its challenges. Gatekeepers have to listen to a lot of salesmen!
                          sigpic
                          Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                          -Sean Payton

Comment

1-10 on the hard scale. 10 being hard. ------------6
                            Once you know the job it is easy to do the work. I picked 6 because it brings about alot of the unexpected.
                            Emancipate your mind!
                            The People's Poster

Comment

answer a phone all day and hear people either complain or take orders for
                              the products the company sells...some days is better than others...

we have the net so on breaks and lunch I am catching up on news.......
                              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Working...
                              X