getting a new dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a new dog.

For those that dont know, my dog passed away a month and a half ago. I told myself I would wait a while until I got a new one. I think im finally ready, and Im going to go look at some tomarrow. Do you think it's too soon? I dont want Kelly to think im replacing her.

I think Kelly wouldn't mind.... I don't think that replacing a pet is like replacing a spouse, where everyone talks about it being too soon.... you aren't supposed to be monotonous.

Dog really are some of the happiest beings on this earth, and I really think that Kelly would want you to be happy more than anything. Having a new pet would make you happy, but it would also bring back some happy memories as well.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew303
      For those that dont know, my dog passed away a month and a half ago. I told myself I would wait a while until I got a new one. I think im finally ready, and Im going to go look at some tomarrow. Do you think it's too soon? I dont want Kelly to think im replacing her.
      It's impossible to replace a pet, but when there's a void in your life, there's nothing wrong with filling it with something positive.

Remember, when you take a dog into your home, you're not just doing it for yourself. Until you bring that dog home, there's a lot of uncertainty. By doing so, you're ensuring that your new pet is going to have a good life.

I say go for it. If you think you're ready, then there's no reason to second guess yourself.
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Im sorry to hear that you lost your dog. I understand how much you can care about a pet especially a dog. If your ready to go look at dogs then I think your ready to own another one. When I lost a pet I got the same kind and it somehow made it a little easier. Good luck finding a new dog.

Comment

You won't be replacing her, but finding room in your heart for another dog. She'll understand and will be glad that you're able to share the sort of love she enjoyed with another deserving dog!
          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Get a chihuahua and name it Godzilla.

Soory bout your dog, don't ever forget about her!

Comment

there are lots of dogs that need a loving home....I don't know if your looking for a

petshop dog or one from the shelters....but have fun picking one out...
              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I don't think it's ever too soon. Eventually you have to move on and just because you get a new dog doesn't mean you stopped loving Kelly. I am sure that if a new puppy will help heal the loss and bring happyness to your home then I think Kelly would be all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                  there are lots of dogs that need a loving home....I don't know if your looking for a petshop dog or one from the shelters....but have fun picking one out...
                  Oh yeah! Go for the shelter. Show a dog that there are people out there who really do care!
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I'm sure you will give your new Dog a great home.

Comment

You don't have to worry about only giving one dog love at a time. I have two dogs right now, but I'm not two timing.
                      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                      . Post Your Artwork .
                      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

I just picked up my new dog last night from the Denver Dumb Friends League. He is a 2 month old puppy. He is a handfull right now, but I think he will get used to me. I cant think of a name though.

Comment

I just picked up my new dog last night from the Denver Dumb Friends League. He is a 2 month old puppy. He is a handfull right now, but I think he will get used to me. I cant think of a name though.
                          Good for you! What kind is he? Not that it really matters.

Comment

I feel your pain. My black Lab was put to sleep last May but we cremated him and now he's on the piano and dearly missed. But, we are a family of five and find something is missing. The kids want another puppy but I think we'll wait till the summer. It'll be a lab or golden ret. (purebred) and we'll get him as a puppy from a litter. As I feel for the animals at the shelter, I like raising my dogs from 6-8week pups. I'll check shelters before buying from a kennel.

Comment

Don't worry dude. Your dog was treated with love and respect. It could be worse...my girlfriend is from the Philipines and when her dogs "Happy" and "Lucky" died, her neighbors ate them.

Comment

Working...
                              X