getting a new dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew303
    I just picked up my new dog last night from the Denver Dumb Friends League. He is a 2 month old puppy. He is a handfull right now, but I think he will get used to me. I cant think of a name though.
    Glad you did. One of the hardest things about having dogs in your house is that you outlive them.

After the Irish Setters I grew up with died, I seriously thought about not getting another dog, because I had outlived four five dogs and it doesn't feel good when they die. A few years after I got married, my wife really wanted a dog and now we have two. I am glad we did it.

It is sad that dogs live so much shorter lives than us, but dealing with that is worth it.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear that you've found someone new to share your love with! The naming thing is pretty tricky. Sometimes they just look at you and you know their name(like my baby Molly), and sometimes you just have to wait.

We had a dog we gave some nice name and all, but after a week or so, we changed it to Nuisance. He was the best ever named dog I've had!
      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I just picked up my new dog last night from the Denver Dumb Friends League. He is a 2 month old puppy. He is a handfull right now, but I think he will get used to me. I cant think of a name though.

Good job!!! I am glad you found another dog to be in your life.

A name will come to you as you get to know his personality.

Also, good job for going to the Dumb Friends League. I would go there, but would leave with 10 dogs if I could.

Comment

if you havent thought of a name yet we could all help you!

we just need to know what your puppy looks like
          sigpic

Comment

I'll post a pic tonight if I remember...

Comment

I'll post a pic tonight if I remember...
              I'm glad to hear that you found yourself a new dog. I hope that your new friend and you are happy together, and that your furniture and carpet survive the first few weeks
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Sorry for Your Loss

For those that dont know, my dog passed away a month and a half ago. I told myself I would wait a while until I got a new one. I think im finally ready, and Im going to go look at some tomarrow. Do you think it's too soon? I dont want Kelly to think im replacing her.
                Very sorry for your loss.
                Indeed.
                I believe most dogs so much want their owners to be happy that
                going ahead and getting another dog, when you feel ready, is fine.
                I don't feel that Kelly feels you are replacing her, but rather is smiling and happy if your grief is eased.

I haven't lost a dog for a very long time, but I now have a dog who is 11 years old.
                She is in great health in every way, and quite active,
                but I truly, truly and deeply, fear the day when she will die.

I know myself well enough to know --
                It will be bad -- very bad for me -- for a very long time.

But, on the other hand, when I think such macabre thoughts,
                I then pet and play with her even more than usual,
                so there is a good side to even my darkest dog thoughts.

The Very Best to You.

Comment

Well, I brought my camera to work today, but I forgot the cable, so I cant post any pics until tonight.

Comment

Well, I brought my camera to work today, but I forgot the cable, so I cant post any pics until tonight.
                    Hurry I want to see your new pup.

Comment

Does the pain of loss outwiegh the feelings of warmth and hundreds of memories you get when you have a pet? I think not. Congrats on the new pup.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Here are some pics...

on his broncos blanket..

Comment

Here are some pics...

on his broncos blanket..

AWE how adorable! What a lucky little Dog!
                          Bet he keeps you busy.

Comment

I forgot how much energy puppies have. I am one big chew toy to him. I will be sleeping and he will start chewing on my nose or my head.

Comment

I wish I had as much energy as they do!

I forgot how much energy puppies have. I am one big chew toy to him. I will be sleeping and he will start chewing on my nose or my head.
                              Those little Love bites will sure wake you up lol , sharp teeth at that age.

Comment

Omg dude congrats on getting a husky!!!
                                I have 2 huskies and they are a handfull but so much fun to be around.

Comment

Working...
                                X