I'm done man...I'm done with women!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done man...I'm done with women!

They have done nothing but cause pain and aggravation in my life. Everything may be great for a while, but it always ends badly. It doesn’t' t matter. I mean even when I've broken it off it's a disaster. So from this day forward I will not:
    - Agree to any more blind dates
    - Approach a female
    - Buy them a drink
    - Accept it when they buy me a drink (well I may let this one slide)
    - Ask for their number
    - Give them my number
    - Call them when they just give me their number

Seriously! No more games. No more aggravation. No more rejection. No more "should I call the next day". No more "should I wait 2 or 3 days to call". No more expensive dinners. No more gifts and flowers and all that other .

It's just not worth it.
    Last edited by Peanut; 05-29-2012, 11:29 AM.

Originally posted by In-com-plete
    They have done nothing but cause pain and aggravation in my life. Everything may be great for a while, but it always ends badly. It doesn’t' t matter. I mean even when I've broken it off it's a disaster. So from this day forward I will not:
    - Agree to any more blind dates
    - Approach a female
    - Buy them a drink
    - Accept it when they buy me a drink (well I may let this one slide)
    - Ask for their number
    - Give them my number
    - Call them when they just give me their number

Seriously! No more games. No more aggravation. No more rejection. No more "should I call the next day". No more "should I wait 2 or 3 days to call". No more expensive dinners. No more gifts and flowers and all that other .

It's just not worth it.

Yeah, it's alot of hoops to jump through.

I quit the pursuit a few years ago.

It was just too much work for me.

I guess I'm just too lazy when it comes to that stuff.

I like being direct and honest.

I don't like tip toeing around and censoring myself just because I'm with different company.

I always felt like I had to do that too much when I was around a prospective mate.

Being single isn't too bad, but it does get lonely from time to time.

That goes away too though.
    Last edited by Peanut; 05-29-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Its the Internet, not a therapist, you gotta expect off the wall comments.

On your original point, It took me until I was 31 to find the right one, dont be in a hurry and sometimes it helps to look in different places, for instance a bar is definaltey not a place to meet a women unless all you want to do is bang her. because truthfully, they are their for the same reason

by SNK

by mrbrightside111

Comment

Find a good woman. Fall in love. Get married and stay in love.

Yes that's the way to go.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

Treat every relationship as "new",........... if you want to carry baggage around maybe you should work at a Hotel.

We go through experiences like these for a reason,

Enjoy the wisdom,....... when you are comfortable just being yourself,......Miss Right will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7
            Treat every relationship as "new",........... if you want to carry baggage around maybe you should work at a Hotel.

We go through experiences like these for a reason,

Enjoy the wisdom,....... when you are comfortable just being yourself,......Miss Right will show up.
            Exactly right Chop!!!

Ya know, it's not supposed to be WORK! If it seems that way, then your with the wrong person. At least I feel that way.

It's different for everyone, so any advice any of us give you, in-com-plete, only carries so much weight.

But I have been exactly where you are. Not just frustrated, but down right pissed off at the whole thing involving women. At 19 or 20, I thought I would be alone forever.

That changed though when I did two things.

1. I lived my life, and every tiny aspect of it, for me. Not to say I just blew off everyone around me, but did what I needed to make myself happy with life. Almost overnight I became more attracive to a much wider variaty of women. I guess my self - whatever- showed. I dunno.

2. I met the right girl. I know that sounds corny, but it happened to me. The moment I met my wife, I knew she would be mine someday. Something just hit me like a semi!

And when it happens, you'll know it, and do thing totally differently than you ever have before.

In my case, instead fo instantly persuing a relationship, I barely did anything. She was a waitress at the bar I cooked at, and all I did was pass her some of the giant cookies we had, and stare at her in her grey dress, lol. It was almost two years util I decided to get in touch with her, and give it a shot. BOOM, 18 years later, we are still going strong.

Elways1fan is right. And I've told that exact same thing to another member here. A bar is no place to meet a woman. Where is? Well, that's anyone's guess. I met my wife at a bar, but we were both working there when we met, and that's a bit different than picking her up at one.

ehh, that's pretty meaningless to you. Especially when your in the position your in now. Just know it wont last forever, and that that girl that will capture your heart forever IS out there. Not only will she capture your heart, but you will capture hers, and there wont be any games, and there wont be any work involved. Trust me, it wont be like any relationship you've ever been in before.

I wish I could explain it better than that. If I could, I would bottle it and be the most famous person in history, lol.

Just live your life for you right now. Find a way to make yourself happy on your own. You know what I mean, not sexually, but within yourself!

When your ready, and you meet her, you'll know it!

Good luck!

Comment

Boy I had a great time when I was single. Then, I got married. Goodbye mojo!!

After the prolonged divorce, I swore I would never marry again. That negativity does translate out to women; so I really didn't look for dates nor find any, then....

I got transferred out to Asia.

Wow!! Now, I am having more fun than I ever had back in any part of "back in the day"

The women out here have a different culture and that translates to many positives. I worked hard to get out here and don't ever want to leave this area. If I must return, I'm bringing back one of them as a wife. For as long as that lasts. hehe

People ask if i have a girlfriend. Which one? Do I own them? no. But I've got 4 very nice women that I love to be around. 3 of them want me to settle down with them and want to live with me. Why destroy a good thing though? Having a girlfriend out here is like having a piece of sand on the beach.

I hope this helps to show you that there may be times when the woman situation looks bad and depressing, then... something will happen to make it all right again.

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe's Mouth
                Boy I had a great time when I was single. Then, I got married. Goodbye mojo!!

After the prolonged divorce, I swore I would never marry again. That negativity does translate out to women; so I really didn't look for dates nor find any, then....

I got transferred out to Asia.

Wow!! Now, I am having more fun than I ever had back in any part of "back in the day"

The women out here have a different culture and that translates to many positives. I worked hard to get out here and don't ever want to leave this area. If I must return, I'm bringing back one of them as a wife. For as long as that lasts. hehe

People ask if i have a girlfriend. Which one? Do I own them? no. But I've got 4 very nice women that I love to be around. 3 of them want me to settle down with them and want to live with me. Why destroy a good thing though? Having a girlfriend out here is like having a piece of sand on the beach.

I hope this helps to show you that there may be times when the woman situation looks bad and depressing, then... something will happen to make it all right again.
                wow....you sound like a lucky man....glad this works for you....
                Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

#12 Today, 12:51 PM
                  KCLadyFan
                  Member of the GPA Join Date: Oct 2003

And the golf is better and its like 85 degrees to 95 degrees year round.

Yes, I love it out here.

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe's Mouth
                    #12 Today, 12:51 PM
                    KCLadyFan
                    Member of the GPA Join Date: Oct 2003

And the golf is better and its like 85 degrees to 95 degrees year round.

Yes, I love it out here.

you have all my info down pat...lol....
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
                      It's just not worth it.
                      Your not the only one who thinks that.

There are more single people now in this country then there has ever been.

Many people feel relationships get in the way of other things like career or whatever.

Many feel like their independence is somehow more valuable then personal relationships.

This is especially true with women.

There was a time when women had little rights, made little money and depended on men for many things.

That is no longer the case. A woman in the modern age can live independently if she wishes. She can educate herself and make as much money. In fact, there are now more female college grads then men. This has raised the bar for women when they are looking for potential mates. A guy working construction is no longer good enough. So because of this, Divorce rates have skyrocketed, and she even has the governments support if she decides to have a child by herself.

The result of all this is that the birth rate in this country is plummeting everyday as less and less family's are being formed as more and more people are becoming single. Also, anti-depressants appear to take the place of the country's collective loneliness. It should be no secret that their popularity is a result of the modern culture of independence.

From what I have told you, it looks pretty grim.

But there is a positive side.

1. Lot's of single people mean lots of chances for you to find your mate.

2. If you don't find one, at least you'll know that your not the only one who's going through this.

Just 2 cents from Benny.

Last edited by The Dark Knight; 02-08-2006, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I don't know if it helps or not, but many women go through the same thing. It's frustrating, it gets lonely sometimes, and I do joke about "just switching teams for a while," I'm trying to keep my chin up and concentrate on what is really important to me and for me right now. Figure out what my priorities are at this point in my life; I'd rather hang my hopes on things I can actually control. Although I am not especially religious, I have always found one prayer in particular to be helpful:
                        "Lord, grant me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept that which I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference." (I paraphrased, but the message remains.) And may we both be blessed enough someday to be able to share happy stories like JWinn and the others.
                        ...When they're out for blood I always give...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Debbie
                          I don't know if it helps or not, but many women go through the same thing. It's frustrating, it gets lonely sometimes, and I do joke about "just switching teams for a while," I'm trying to keep my chin up and concentrate on what is really important to me and for me right now. Figure out what my priorities are at this point in my life; I'd rather hang my hopes on things I can actually control. Although I am not especially religious, I have always found one prayer in particular to be helpful:
                          "Lord, grant me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept that which I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference." (I paraphrased, but the message remains.) And may we both be blessed enough someday to be able to share happy stories like JWinn and the others.
                          I believe you will Debbie!

One thing I think is a problem for so many people is that relationships, real love, doesnt require that much effort. Yeah, it does take an effort to keep one going, you cant just blow the other person off obviously, but this is different.

People put TOO much effort in trying to keep a girlfrind or boyfriend. A wife or husband. And cant just let a relationship go where it will. Always trying to impress, or be someone your not.

If she wants you for YOU, then there is no reason for it to be a battle.

People get married, or "hook up" for so many reasons. "He was just so great in bed." "She's HOT!" He's a good provider." "She has great legs!" "He's got $$$$." "Her eyes are so fine!"

So many marry due to something physical. Or financial.

Granted, it's nice to be with someone rich or good looking, or both, lol, but that cant make a relationship!

You going to marry someone because they are just pretty? or Handsome? Or rich?

That's NOT love! It's superficial, and will only lead to disaster.

If you have to really work to keep that other person, well, that other person isnt for you to begin with. There's no way it will work, and even if you can make it work for a while, the two of you will only be miserable. She doing things for him, or being a certain way for him, that just isnt 'her'. Same thing for any 'him'. If a guy has to change to keep a woman happy, he will never be happy, and he will never meet her expectations.

This isnt directed all at you Debbie, just more random stuff.

A person will love you BECAUSE you are the way you are! UNCONDITIONALLY!

Any of that make any sense?
                          Last edited by JWinn; 02-08-2006, 10:55 PM.

Comment

That makes perfect sense, JWinn. It's easy to forget those things sometimes, but I try to remember just often enough to keep hope alive. And after all, worst case I: find another path in life, spend time with my fantastic dog, or with my supportive and wonderful family and friends? I find other activities and interests that give my life meaning? Life will chart its own course, I suppose. All I can do is try to be the best pilot I can be while I'm on this ride.
                            ...When they're out for blood I always give...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Debbie
                              That makes perfect sense, JWinn. It's easy to forget those things sometimes, but I try to remember just often enough to keep hope alive. And after all, worst case I: find another path in life, spend time with my fantastic dog, or with my supportive and wonderful family and friends? I find other activities and interests that give my life meaning? Life will chart its own course, I suppose. All I can do is try to be the best pilot I can be while I'm on this ride.
                              And that will lead you in the right direction. As long as your out there, piloting in the world, and not just in front of the TV. Ya know? Ya gotta get out there. Hard to meet somoene new in the same old places. You cant wait for that person to come along. It might happen, but you gotta be there for it to happen!

Nothing more attractive than someone who's complete within.

Of course, that little cheerleader outfit of yours and pompoms are gonna get attention too.

Comment

Working...
                              X