Update on Phoenix Our Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Phoenix Our Dog

As some of you know she was recently diagnosed with oral cancer.
    She had her second operation today, they had to take out some of the upper jaw, but the Vet thinks he got most or all of it/ the cancer. We will bring her home tomorrow, the house is so quiet without her. But we are are happy since it could have been alot worse.

And it will still be a *time will tell situation, but right now things look good **knock on wood.

I'm glad the surgery went well but I was wondering what you meant by taking off parts of her jaw? Does that mean she has deformity looking face or something?
    Good luck with Phoenix

Comment

Good to hear she came through the surgery okay. Got all my appendages crossed(that it's poss to cross) for her.

Best wishes for you and Phoenix!
      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
        I'm glad the surgery went well but I was wondering what you meant by taking off parts of her jaw? Does that mean she has deformity looking face or something?
        Good luck with Phoenix
        Thanks. In her case no real deformity at all since it was a only couple inches taken from the top back jaw.

Comment

Jovi....glad your baby gets to come home and I hope everything is okay...
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Jovi,
            Happy to hear Phoenix is coming home! Give a on her cute nose for me!
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

Comment

Thanks everyone, it means lots.
              It has been quite the roller coaster lately.
              We were lucky that something could be done. She is a quick healer but I'm sure she is getting tired and fed up with all of it Dr's ect.(just like people do), hopefully this will be the last operation for a long time.
              If All goes well she will be healed in 2 weeks.

Comment

Glad to hear that things will be better.

I didn't know about it, but I know if it was my baby (115# Malamute), I would be crushed if anything happened to him.

I wish Phoenix a full recovery.
                sigpic

Comment

Glad to read she's gonna be allright Jovi! Hopefully, the doc got it all, and she's going to be around for a long time.

Comment

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Pets are as much a part of the family as any human and I am glad to hear that the outcome is optimistic.

Comment

AWESOME!!!I am so glad,,good news is the best news,,I am pulling for you!
                      sigpic

Comment

So how is Phoenix doing now?!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                          So how is Phoenix doing now?!
                          That's a good question... and I'm not sure how I missed this thread the first time around... but I don't know if we'll get an answer from Jovi... she's taking some time off... but she said she may peak in from time to time...
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic
                          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

To make a lonnng story short........

Thanks for your concerns. She is doing well*knock on wood*
                            She goes back next month to have a re-check, and to see if it has come back,,,,,if it comes back I will be a basket case.

So in the mean time I had some Dr. visits I needed to have done also but had been putting off until she felt better.

Cholesterol level is good*the Dr. had changed it/the med since the other med was giving me flu like symptom's all the time.

Burisitis in my shoulder, nothing serious I can live with that.

My Blood pressure is up probably due to the stress of all that's been going on so they increased that med.

Might need a second ankle operation. that bone keeps growing back...........sigh.

The great thing is though, Phoenix is feeling well, everyday she is like that and is still with us I have lots to be grateful for..

Thanks for listening.

Comment

I'm so happy to hear that Phoenix is doing well. Take care of yourself though, you're no use to her laid up in bed!

You have the love and prayers of all the Broncomaniacs!
                              President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                              I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Working...
                              X