No announcement yet.

Update on Phoenix Our Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes when I start too see overwhelming cynicism around me..... something comes along like your update..... wonderful news, indeed.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by Summerz
      Sorry to scare you, we are still worried but try not to dwell on it and be happy she is doing REALLY well right now, bless the Vet, and yes JAWS she is a trooper. ,
      Summerz, I am so happy to hear Phoenix is doing well. She's knows you'd be lost without her.

To a complete, full recovery, and many years of playing fetch, taking walks and chewing on bones!
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

Thanks to all for your kind words.
        I have had many Pets with various problems, and was a Vet technician for 10 years in the 80's.
        But have never had a pet with cancer, and when I worked for the Animal hospital seems this cancer wasn't something that was seen back then or maybe not understood back then. So this was all new to even me
        , went from "hopefully it's just a bad tooth, to "agressive cancer and may not live long" I couldn't even think straight some days.....
        So yes we are very happy campers right now.

The Vet who we were referred to is so cool, it's hard to describe, I have never met a Vet quite like him, I wish you could all meet him.

Comment

Writing this with tears of happiness. She had her 8 month recheck yesterday and things look good.
          Cancer free*knock on wood.
          And it's all you can think about when these apointments are due,
          She Has been being rechecked every 3 months.

Sadly, friends I know have lost pets to cancer since all this started. I feel for them.

Go hug your Pet.
          It's been an interesting ride, Hubby and her sit in the back seat, more room back there She has also had an ACL surgery several years ago so needs to ride comfortably as possible.
          I drive, I like driving. But we always go together.
          I have Knee problems nyself so let her drag him around .
          Now the Cat I can handle alone...lol.
          Anyways.................
          It's about an hour one way trip.(our local Vet is only 10 minutes away so it is quite a difference) She has been soooo good with the riding.
          And It's actually been interesting going on that trip, every 3 months, watching the change of the seasons, decorations.
          ( I remember LATE last Spring wondering of some Santa's were ever going to be taken down lol. )
          I also will never forget going down that road for the first time wonder whether she would live or die.
          And I'll never forget shortly after she was diagnosed last January, she gave me a hug with her front feet can't even explain it how she grabbed my arm, it was awesome), telling me one she is scared, 2 she wants to live.
          WHY did I write this when I know I am terrible at writing?
          And I don't tend to share personal problems.
          I want to give hope for people in the future that may have problems. Or are having the similar problems.
          People do care. Even about your pets.
          I gave our Vet at HUGE HUG yesterday and it felt so good!
          I had been wanting to do that but hadn't yet.
          Her next recheck is in January.....he said if it hasn't come back by then that is a good sign
          Thank for listening to my ramblings.
          And for anyone wondering, she acts and feels great, her knee probably bothers her more than anything(just like people)
          She is getting old like me.

and she gets excited when tho Bronco's play.
          They do great things when she wan'ts out............and I miss it lol.
          Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 10-27-2006, 04:30 PM. Reason: cnat speel

Comment

Glad to hear that Phoenix is doing well!
            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
            I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Kapaibro
              Glad to hear that Phoenix is doing well!
              I wanted to share our joy and story, also share with others who might be going through similar problems, as did one of my freinds not long ago who lost her Dog to cancer.

PEACE

Comment

Writing this with tears of happiness. She had her 8 month recheck yesterday and things look good.

Sadly, friends I know have lost pets to cancer since all this started. I feel for them.

Go hug your Pet.
                It's been an interesting ride, Hubby and her sit in the back seat, more room back there She has also had an ACL surgery several years ago so needs to ride comfortably as possible.
                Anyways.................
                It's about an hour one way trip.(our local Vet is only 10 minutes away so it is quite a difference) She has been soooo good with the riding.
                And It's actually been interesting going on that trip, every 3 months, watching the change of the seasons, decorations.
                ( I remember LATE last Spring wondering of some Santa's were ever going to be taken down lol. )
                I also will never forget going down that road for the first time wonder whether she would live or die.
                And I'll never forget shortly after she was diagnosed last January, she gave me a hug with her front feet can't even explain it how she grabbed my arm, it was awesome), telling me one she is scared, 2 she wants to live.
                I want to give hope for people in the future that may have problems. Or are having the similar problems.
                Her next recheck is in January.....he said if it hasn't come back by then that is a good sign
                And for anyone wondering, she acts and feels great, her knee probably bothers her more than anything(just like people)

That's great news Jovi

Glad to hear it
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Go hug your Pet.
                  Anyways.................

Summerz - this is GREAT news for you and your husband. Pets are definitely "family members". Best wishes for you all.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Why does it say jovibronco under ur thread? Anyways best wishes to you and your dog Summerz.

EDIT: cool name btw, just where i stay at lol..
                    sigpic

Comment

U noticed

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                      Why does it say jovibronco under ur thread? Anyways best wishes to you and your dog Summerz.

EDIT: cool name btw, just where i stay at lol..
                      I changed username since then.
                      And thanks
                      Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 10-27-2006, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I changed usernames since then.
                        oh, hahah :doh: :doh:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                          oh, hahah :doh: :doh:
                          That's ok, It would confuse me too.

Comment

Go hug your Pet.
                            Anyways.................
                            :thumb: So happy Phoenix is doing so well. Happy for all of you.

Comment

Go hug your Pet.
                              Anyways.................

I'm glad to hear this.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

R.I.P. my friend.
                                Her heart was giving her trouble last night.
                                We put her to rest this morning.
                                Survived cancer x2, 13 and 1/2 years old.
                                Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 07-19-2009, 05:33 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Working...
                                X