Who is the best Striker in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best Striker in the world?

Which of the player in the poll do you think is the best?
    Ronaldo
    13.33%
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy
    6.67%
    Samuel Eto'o
    6.67%
    Andrei Schevchenko
    20.00%
    Luca Toni
    6.67%
    Diego Forlan
    6.67%
    Thierry Henry
    26.67%
    Other please specify
    13.33%
    Last edited by Booker T; 02-10-2006, 01:50 PM.

Whats a striker?

Comment

I went with Shevchenko..Henry would get my 2nd place vote, and Van Nistelrooy my third.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
        Whats a striker?
        Like a forward position, in soccer.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Never heard of any of them!

Comment

No Crespo or Drogba? Last year Henry in a landslide, but Hernan is on fire lately.
            I can go for futbol or football they both rock. Isn't it nice to watch a whole half with no commercials. Thats my biggest beef with NFL.

Sisse wins on hairstyle though.

Comment

No Liverpool player in the list? How could you lol !!!

I chose Thierry Henry with Samuel Eto'o coming second.

A few years ago I would have selected Ronaldo. The guy has so much talent. I wonder how he will do in the World Cup this year.

Comment

I think at the moment, I'd have to say Thierry Henry...............one of the few players in the game that I'd pay to see, even if he plays for the Gunners.

Pace, vision, balance, goal-scoring, provider......he genuinely can do everything...........and to top it all off seems a remarkably nice guy
                The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

I chose Samuel Eto'o he's just a class player he's been on fire for Barcelona this season he's made only 67 appearance's for Barcelona an he has scored 50 goals for them and he had a great African Nations Cup. Thierry Henry came up second for me he has shown good leadership skill this season and he can do it all create and score goals. My third choice is Luca Toni he's a late bloomer and he is a goal machine this season for Fiorentina and the current leading scorer in Serie A with 22 goals already above Trezeget and Shevchenko in the goalscoring charts!

Comment

Luca Toni is looking very sad without any votes at all.

That guys done well in for Fiorentina. SOmething of a late developer and because he doesn't play for one of the big italian teams likely not getting the same kind of recognition as the others.

Comment

I would say Ted Striker is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                        I would say Ted Striker is the best.
                        Yes that man could really fly and he had a "killer" strike!

Comment

I voted for Henry not because I'm an Arsenal fan but because I think he's got the complete package. He's good in the air, has pace and skill, shoots with either foot... the only negative I have about him though is that I think he shrinks in big games. Something that Ronaldo thrived on (Look at last WCs).

The player that I think will surprise at Germany that was not mentioned on the poll is .... Adriano, heir apparent to Ronaldo. Relies more on physical attributes (height, power, speed) than on footballing skill, but I honestly think he will be top scorer in Germany.

Comment

Good for who ever voted for Luca Toni I belive he's a great player and the best Striker in Serie A at the moment.

Adriano is a great player but I think that Brazil should go with Ronaldo as their starting Striker in the World Cup and if he doesn't play well enough they have strong options such as Adriano and Robinho.I truely belive that Robinho will be the next great Brazilian Striker the boy's just amazing when he's on the ball not
                            as good as Rooney though
                            Last edited by Booker T; 02-14-2006, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Booker T
                              I truely belive that Robinho will be the next great Brazilian Striker the boy's just amazing when he's on the ball not
                              as good as Rooney though
                              Robinho is rather lightly built. Don't know if he can take the pounding defenders will give him. Also seems not to be a "big game" player. I remember Libertadores Final 3 years ago when Santos played Boca Juniors. Both he and Diego disappeared in the most important games (home + away) of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X