X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Virus

There is a new virus. It's called WORK. If you receive WORK from your
    Colleagues, your boss, via e-mail, or from anyone else, do not touch it
    Under any circumstances. This virus wipes out your private life completely.

If you should happen to come in contact with this virus, take two friends
    and go straight to the nearest bar. Order drinks immediately and after
    three rounds, you will find that WORK has been completely deleted from
    your system.

Warn at least five friends about this new virus.

Should you realize you do not have five friends, this means you are
    already infected by this virus and WORK already controls your life. If
    this is the case, go to the bar and stay until you make at least five
    friends.

Originally posted by Adrenaline
    There is a new virus. It's called WORK. If you receive WORK from your
    Colleagues, your boss, via e-mail, or from anyone else, do not touch it
    Under any circumstances. This virus wipes out your private life completely.

If you should happen to come in contact with this virus, take two friends
    and go straight to the nearest bar. Order drinks immediately and after
    three rounds, you will find that WORK has been completely deleted from
    your system.

Warn at least five friends about this new virus.

Should you realize you do not have five friends, this means you are
    already infected by this virus and WORK already controls your life. If
    this is the case, go to the bar and stay until you make at least five
    friends.

I think I'm infested....
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Girlfriend 1.0 software
      Last year, my friend upgraded his GirlFriend 3.1 to GirlFriendPlus1.0 (marketing name: Fiancee1.0).

Recently he upgraded Fiancee1.0 to Wife1.0, and it's a memory hogger! It has taken all his space; and Wife1.0 must be running before he can do anything. Although he didn't ask for them, Wife1.0 came with Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw and BrotherInLaw. These too slow down the system and cause a slow drain on the resources and well-being of the computer.

Some features I'd like to see in the upcoming GirlFriend4.0:

1. A "Don't remind me again" button.

2. Minimize button.

3. Shutdown feature - An install shield feature so that Girlfriend4.0 can be completely uninstalled if so desired (so you don't lose cache and other objects).

I tried running Girlfriend 2.0 with Girlfriend 1.0 still installed; they tried using the same I/O port and conflicted. Then I tried to uninstall Girlfriend 1.0, but it didn't have an uninstall program. I tried to uninstall it by hand, but it put files in my system directory.

Another thing that sucks--in all versions of Girlfriend that I've used is that it is totally "object orientated" and only supports hardware with gold plated contacts.

Bug warning
      Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

Comment

A Similar One

Last year I upgraded Girlfriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure.
        In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system initialization where it monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker night 10.3 and Beer bash 2.5 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected. I can not seem to purge Wife 1.0 from my system.
        I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 1.0 but un-install does not work on this program.
        Can you help me?
        Jonathan Powell

Dear Jonathan Powell;
        This is a very common problem men complain about but is mostly due to a primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a "UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT" program.
        Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by its creator to run everything.
        WARNING DO NOT TRY TO: un-install, delete, or purge the program from the system once installed. Trying to un-install Wife 1.0 can be disastrous. Doing so may destroy your hard and/or floppy drive. Trying to un-install or remove Wife 1.0 will destroy valuable system resources.
        You can not go back to Girlfriend 1.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this. Some have tried to install Girlfriend 2.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than the original system. Look in your manual under Warnings- Alimony/Child Support. Others have tried to run Girlfriend 1.0 in the background, while Wife 1.0 is running. Eventually Wife 1.0 detects Girlfriend 1.0 and a system conflict occurs, this can lead to a non-recoverable system crash. Some users have tried to download similar products such as Fling and 1NiteStand. Often their systems have become infected with a virus. I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and just deal with the situation.
        Having Wife 1.0 installed myself, I might also suggest you read the entire section regarding General Protection Faults (GPFs). You must assume all responsibility for faults and problems that might occur. The best course of action will be to push apologize button then reset button as soon as lock-up occurs. System will run smooth as long as you take the blame for all GPFs. Wife 1.0 is a great program but is very high maintenance.
        Suggestions for improved operation of Wife 1.0
        -Monthly use utilities such as TLC and FTD
        -Frequently use Communicator 5.0

Comment

the saddest thing is it took me a paragraph before i realised it was a joke
          SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
          Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Working...
            X