Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For a New Twist on Things

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For a New Twist on Things

    Since there is so much partisanship on this board, how about we try something different? By now it's obvious who here leans more toward the conservative side and who here leans more to the liberal side.

    I propose this, and maybe it will bring back some harmony to the board:

    Why don't we start a list of topics or areas in which you disagree with the mainstream of the party or philosophy with which you are most closely associated?

    For instance,

    I am a conservative and a Bush supporter, but I disagree with him 100% on allowing our ports to be run by a Middle Eastern nation.

    Hopefully we can find out that we all have more in common than it seems and may surprise each other as well.
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

    -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

  • #2
    As someone who is independent, and has a healthy mistrust of both major parties, I do not feel that I am undecided because I am misinformed. I am undecided because I feel I am forced to choose between the lesser of 2 evils in most elections. Not enough choice or difference between the two parties. Mostly this is due to the lack of open primaries in most states. (But that is a discussion for another time). Ultimately, I agree with some portions of the the stated platforms of both the major parties. But not enought to warrant an honest endorsement of either one by joining the party.


    This generally means that I have to REALLY research my candiates, but I don't mind.

    We all should.

    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

    Comment


    • #3
      I lean to the right. Bush supporter.

      But I dont agree with how the border situation to the south is being handled. In a nut shell, me thinks the southern border should be heavily patrolled and sealed off. No more illegal aliens from the south. If they want to work here, they have to cross legally and obtain a permit.
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

      "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by spikerman
        Since there is so much partisanship on this board, how about we try something different? By now it's obvious who here leans more toward the conservative side and who here leans more to the liberal side.

        I propose this, and maybe it will bring back some harmony to the board:

        Why don't we start a list of topics or areas in which you disagree with the mainstream of the party or philosophy with which you are most closely associated?

        For instance,

        I am a conservative and a Bush supporter, but I disagree with him 100% on allowing our ports to be run by a Middle Eastern nation.

        Hopefully we can find out that we all have more in common than it seems and may surprise each other as well.

        --- spikerman, check this out ---

        May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by spikerman
          Since there is so much partisanship on this board, how about we try something different? By now it's obvious who here leans more toward the conservative side and who here leans more to the liberal side.

          I propose this, and maybe it will bring back some harmony to the board:

          Why don't we start a list of topics or areas in which you disagree with the mainstream of the party or philosophy with which you are most closely associated?

          For instance,

          I am a conservative and a Bush supporter, but I disagree with him 100% on allowing our ports to be run by a Middle Eastern nation.

          Hopefully we can find out that we all have more in common than it seems and may surprise each other as well.
          I propose you to run for next President

          Wouldn't it be great if parties could co-operate more instead of being at each others throats so much of the time. Think of how much more could be achieved if that happened on a more consistent basis.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
            --- spikerman, check this out ---
            Thanks Az, I didn't realize that. Ok, here's another one (the border was already mentioned, but I disagree there too)... lol

            Even though I'm a conservative, I'm something of a tree hugger. I believe in protecting the environment, sometimes even at the expense of business. I actually belong to a couple of different preservation societies and because of that (I think) I keep getting letters from the DNC. lol
            "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

            -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jaws
              I propose you to run for next President

              Wouldn't it be great if parties could co-operate more instead of being at each others throats so much of the time. Think of how much more could be achieved if that happened on a more consistent basis.
              Thanks Jaws! You're awesome! I agree with you, but I don't think it will ever happen. It's human nature to want power I guess.
              "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

              -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by spikerman
                Thanks Jaws! You're awesome! I agree with you, but I don't think it will ever happen. It's human nature to want power I guess.
                ...and shark nature too! Jaws got the power!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by spikerman
                  Thanks Az, I didn't realize that. Ok, here's another one (the border was already mentioned, but I disagree there too)... lol

                  Even though I'm a conservative, I'm something of a tree hugger. I believe in protecting the environment, sometimes even at the expense of business. I actually belong to a couple of different preservation societies and because of that (I think) I keep getting letters from the DNC. lol
                  That's good to hear. To be concerned about the environment is just plain common sense - it's in all our best interests to actually care. I really do think it wouldn't take a major shift in mentality nor cause massive loss for businesses and individuals just to make a little bit more effort to be conscientious in their actions. People think it isn't worth bothering but if we all make little changes then when you add it all up it actually can make a difference.
                  Jaws
                  The Immortal Madam Chomp
                  Last edited by Jaws; 02-20-2006, 02:16 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                    me thinks the southern border should be heavily patrolled and sealed off. No more illegal aliens from the south. If they want to work here, they have to cross legally and obtain a permit.
                    Locking the border won't do it.

                    If you really want to stop illegal immigration, heavily penalize tehe business that hire migrant workers. They generally get a slap on the wrist.

                    I live in a big agricultural area, and in all the strawberry fields around here (30% of teh US domestis crop is grown here) are lined up pickups and manual laborers.

                    Now, are all of them illegals? Of course not.

                    I would bet a sizeable portion are. Or else why would there only be like 4 pickups and dozens of workers? The movie cliche you see about migrants waiting for work each day on a corner is true. I see it every day here.

                    Get rid of the jobs they take, and there would be less desire for them to come here.


                    Of course, the flip side of eliminating the access to jobs that illegals tend to take (under the radar, low wage jobs) is that the prices of these goods will go up.


                    So, we, as a country need to decide what is more important. The price of our goods, or the illegal immigration issue?

                    We can make it easier to legally cross the border, and I don't know why we don't. If they could cross legally, a majority of them would. And in California, at least, the ugly truth is that many of them are taking jobs that your average low and middle income background citiznes simply will not do when they enter the workforce.


                    It's just not as easy as closing the border. It has to be a 2 or 3 pronged attack at the issue.

                    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm a liberal, but I'm not a big fan of the censorship that people like Joe Lieberman and Hillary Clinton have proposed for television and video games. I personally don't care whether or not games like Grand Theft Auto have objectionable material, because I'm an adult and I have a right to view such things if I choose that I want to. Furthermore, if I had any children, I would be an active participant in their life and I would have a pretty good grasp of what they're up to.

                      I don't need the government telling me what I can watch, what's bad for my virgin eyes and ears, and what's right and wrong. I'll figure that out on my own, thankyouverymuch.
                      HEAR ME ROAR!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by spikerman
                        Thanks Az, I didn't realize that. Ok, here's another one (the border was already mentioned, but I disagree there too)... lol

                        Even though I'm a conservative, I'm something of a tree hugger. I believe in protecting the environment, sometimes even at the expense of business. I actually belong to a couple of different preservation societies and because of that (I think) I keep getting letters from the DNC. lol

                        I am kind of like you i guess, i reallly like the enviorment and freedoms but im also all for capital punishment, guns, and constituiton.

                        I also agree with another fella that said you cant trust either party. never been a truer statement
                        _____________________________________________

                        by SNK



                        by mrbrightside111

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My stances are like a smorgasboard; one issue over here, another over there, across the aisle for dessert... I am registered to one side, but I have never voted straight down the party line. I try to research the issues and candidates and vote for the one that will (hopefully) do the most good for the greatest number of people... although you do need someone who will stick up for the little guy. I look for candidates whom I think will be willing to reach out to the other party and try to work out a mutually acceptable agreement, although that type of person seems like a pipe dream at times and I end up going for the lesser of two evils. I'm just tired of voting against things/people rather than for them.
                          ...When they're out for blood I always give...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X