freeze to death or dehydration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze to death or dehydration

Would you rather literally freeze to death in like Antarctica or would you rather die of heatstroke/dehydration in like the middle of a desert?????

I would rather freeze to death because i hate it when its really hot cause then i'm always thirsty and hungry. but when its cold i have to go to the bathroom alot. but i would still rather freeze to death morbid isn't it??????
    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

dehydration and heat, being cold and frostbite hurt

by SNK

by mrbrightside111

Comment

accually frost bite doesnt hurt until thawed out... in the cold you would lose body heat,, slowly get dumband sleepy and just go to sleep and not wake up...painless

dying in the desert would be much harder, on you ...you might last for several days lingering on , suffering
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Freeze........

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
          accually frost bite doesnt hurt until thawed out... in the cold you would lose body heat,, slowly get dumband sleepy and just go to sleep and not wake up...painless

dying in the desert would be much harder, on you ...you might last for several days lingering on , suffering
          that's how i wanna go quick painless and in my sleep
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Freeze to death because I just hate the heat.
            PS Jwinn I like your new avatar.
            sigpic
            Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Sleep in the snow and die.

Comment

So the choices are, live through the heat, while you slowly go loopy from dehydration eventually passing out. Or Shivering to death for I'd say at least 24 perhaps more hours while your organs slowly freeze inside you. I'd rather go out in the heat. Less painful.
                "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                  So the choices are, live through the heat, while you slowly go loopy from dehydration eventually passing out. Or Shivering to death for I'd say at least 24 perhaps more hours while your organs slowly freeze inside you. I'd rather go out in the heat. Less painful.
                  once again ...you would not feel anything... hypothermia would set in , reducing your thought process, and making you extremly sleepy...thats how the die..they get tired , lay down and just never wake up.....you would never ever last or even know your organs were freeing.....by the time your insides lost enough body heat to start to freeze...you would have long been dead

has anyone ever went without water, in the sun for a few days..? .....i have and trust me its not painless
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, ill take freezing then

Actually can i just OD in a motel with some hookers , can that be an option!

by SNK

by mrbrightside111

Comment

once again ...you would not feel anything... hypothermia would set in , reducing your thought process, and making you extremly sleepy...thats how the die..they get tired , lay down and just never wake up.....you would never ever last or even know your organs were freeing.....by the time your insides lost enough body heat to start to freeze...you would have long been dead

has anyone ever went without water, in the sun for a few days..? .....i have and trust me its not painless
                      Belive me, I work inside a freezer every day, sometimes as low as -30*c for upto an hour or two at a time. It is anything but painless and thats being wrapped up in a shirt and fleece. Hypothermia doesn't set in quickly. I have gone a day in temps of over 100*F without water again its not pleasent thankfully in both cases its not been long term. I just know I would rather go out warm than cold. Regardless of the time it takes.
                      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                        Belive me, I work inside a freezer every day, sometimes as low as -30*c for upto an hour or two at a time. It is anything but painless and thats being wrapped up in a shirt and fleece. Hypothermia doesn't set in quickly. I have gone a day in temps of over 100*F without water again its not pleasent thankfully in both cases its not been long term. I just know I would rather go out warm than cold. Regardless of the time it takes.

the diff is you dont stay in long enough to lose core body tempature............once you temp goes down a few degrees the shivering stops........you get kinda stupid, slow, and soon very sleepy....thta s why most hypothermia cases are found ...where they layed down to rest ...and just never woke up

where as dehydration from the heat just drives you nuts... you get crazed for water,, your mouth gets dry ,, like swallowing powder... then the cramps start... or worse yet heat stroke ...this could go on for days vrs the hypothermia where most people die the first night without shelture
                        sigpic

Comment

If there is absolutely no chance of someone finding me, then out in the desert.

However, if there is a remote possibility that I'll be found, I would opt for the freezing since it suspends all functions but preserves your body for quite a long time until someone can thaw you out.

Either one of these is a great way to go compared to burning alive, that has to be the worst way of going out.

Comment

I would rather freeze to death which here in North Dakota wouldn't be hard. Got a taste of my first -45 wind chill last week with -25 temperature. Brrrrr! I hate the heat.

Comment

As long as I don't ever drown (my one true fear), I'll take either-or.

Comment

Working...
                              X