• Show
Clear All

• Take an IQ Test

What's your IQ?

Take the test

This is the result I got:

Congratulations, Mererid!
    Your IQ score is 129

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato , your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

I'm sure I used to be around the 140 mark a decade or so ago
    Oh well, they do say brain cells die as you get older and I can't complain, I quite like the idea of being a "visionary philosopher" Don't know where they got the idea that I have exceptional math skills from though, Jaws no good at maths!

Having done an official one and scored 157, I refuse to take online tests. Mainly to avoid finding out how dumb I am getting
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Anyone taken the test? If you have you can see how well your score matches up with these U.S Presidents:

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
      132 Harry Truman (D)
      122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
      174 John F. Kennedy (D)
      126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
      155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
      121 Gerald Ford (R)
      175 James E. Carter (D)
      105 Ronald Reagan (R)
      098 George HW Bush (R)
      182 William J. Clinton (D)
      091 George W. Bush (R)

It's official - I'm thicker than half the U.S Presidents, but brainier than the other half. That makes me a pretty balanced candidate for the job IMO. Vote Jaws to the White HOuse

Comment

Shrug.

I was pretty sure I got all of them right, but I guess not.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
          Shrug.

Are you Franklin D Roosevelt?

I wish I could see the answers. To do that I'd have to pay $12.95!

Comment

135..and I think I know which ones I got wrong.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              Shrug.

You probably did get them all right if you think so. The IQ test works on age over knowledge. The younger you are the harder the test so the higher the score. As you get older the test should get easier therefore the lower the score if you get them all right. It can be quite tough.
              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

What intellectual type did you guys come up as?

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                  You probably did get them all right if you think so. The IQ test works on age over knowledge. The younger you are the harder the test so the higher the score. As you get older the test should get easier therefore the lower the score if you get them all right. It can be quite tough.
                  I don't believe Tickle asks for your age, does it?

I took the tickle IQ test once... got the results... was signed up for their premium services at the time... so they gave me all the answers... took it again... answered them all correctly, and found that they capped their scores slightly above what I had scored... although I think Jared scored higher than that cap, so maybe it's changed?

Either way... I am no longer a fan of Tickle's IQ test... try IQtest.com
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic
                  Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                    I don't believe Tickle asks for your age, does it?

I took the tickle IQ test once... got the results... was signed up for their premium services at the time... so they gave me all the answers... took it again... answered them all correctly, and found that they capped their scores slightly above what I had scored... although I think Jared scored higher than that cap, so maybe it's changed?

Either way... I am no longer a fan of Tickle's IQ test... try IQtest.com
                    It didn't ask for age.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                      It didn't ask for age.
                      IQtest.com does... and it's about 5-15 minutes long... takes how long you take into consideration, and is supposed to be accurate within about 5 points. Theoretically.
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic

Comment

IQtest.com does... and it's about 5-15 minutes long... takes how long you take into consideration, and is supposed to be accurate within about 5 points. Theoretically.
                        I might give it a go tomorrow (brain expired for today), although the time limit thing will probably make me end up with an IQ result below a 100!

Comment

Oh... and as far as the reliability of IQ tests go (online)...

My online IQ scores are usually about 150-160...

I've had scores as high as 185...

But I've also had one test give me a 101.

There is no test online that is 'official'...

Many people don't think that even the official ones are worth a pile of beans.

The average of an official IQ test is 100... the standard deviation is 15... anything two standard deviations above normal... 130 or higher... is considered genius... if my memory serves me correctly, that's either the top 3% or the top 1.5%... It's been a while since I've taken statistics.

And there's no such thing as a perfect test.
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                            What intellectual type did you guys come up as?

It just gave me a number. Unless it sent that info to my email, which I haven't checked yet.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

Oh... and as far as the reliability of IQ tests go (online)...

My online IQ scores are usually about 150-160...

I've had scores as high as 185...

But I've also had one test give me a 101.

There is no test online that is 'official'...

Many people don't think that even the official ones are worth a pile of beans.

The average of an official IQ test is 100... the standard deviation is 15... anything two standard deviations above normal... 130 or higher... is considered genius... if my memory serves me correctly, that's either the top 3% or the top 1.5%... It's been a while since I've taken statistics.

And there's no such thing as a perfect test.
                              That's about right (I'm not going to argue with someone with your IQ am I lol?)

According to the following website
                              http://www.remarkable.co.nz/learningweb/iq.htm IQ ranges are as follows:

IQ ranges, average IQ scores, and IQ ratings are usually only relative - and they can change over time and with different tests.

That said, it is generally accepted that for any IQ test that the average score is 100. The standard deviation (a statistical measure of the spread of results away from and average) is typically 15.

Statistically this means:

2.5% of people are mentally deficient / impaired / retarded (under 70)

50% of people have Intelligence Quotient scores between 90 and 110

2.5% of people are very superior in intelligence (over 130)

0.5% of people are near genius or genius (over 140)

So genius is over 140

Comment

Working...
                              X