I wish I was in a marching band!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I was in a marching band!

I recently watched Drumline and I watched an episode of Monster Garage where they had these kids that were in a marching band. Call me crazy but I thought those kids were pretty friggin cool. I kinda wish I was in a marching band back when I was in high school now. I don't think they have marching bands for 31 year olds so I'm probably SOL. I suppose I could pretend march around my condo. I used to do the same thing after I watched Jackie Chan or The Matrix. Except I'd do Kung-Fu and jump off the furniture.

Drumline is one of my favorite movies. I think people who can do that are very talented.

Comment

k, first off, its cool that you would like to be in a marching band. second off, drumline probably isnt the best movie to watch to make that decision. good movie, but not a very good example of marching band. it is very hard work, make no mistake, but it isnt as terribly competitive, especially in colleges, as the movie pits it to be. it is a lot of fun though.
      Any coach who listens to fans is going to be sitting with them pretty soon. - Bobby Bowden

Comment

You should start a group of 30-somethings that want to march in a band. You could do local parades and march in parks and stuff.
        sigpic
        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
        -Sean Payton

Comment

There are all sorts of drumcores out there... but they are professional... which would make it a little harder for you to pick up. But if you really want to, you could probably start taking lessons and work towards it... who knows?

I really enjoyed marching band... at my school, we were not made fun of (except in jest) and the football players and such would always thank us for playing at the games (you could tell who was doing it just because the coaches told them to... not all of them were that way.)

The competitions were a lot of fun, even though I went to a 3A school, and were nowhere near as good as say Pomona or Arvada... there were only 2 schools our size in our district, so we went to state automatically every year... even our first year together (my freshman year). My senior year, I was section leader and backup drum major... and we took 2nd at state to the perennial champions. Had a lot of fun too... played music from Bond movies... I have many memories that I'll never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            I recently watched Drumline and I watched an episode of Monster Garage where they had these kids that were in a marching band. Call me crazy but I thought those kids were pretty friggin cool. .
            You ARE crazy

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

I can't play any instruments.

Do you think that would be a problem?

Comment

that movie sucks

Comment

I can't play any instruments.

Do you think that would be a problem?
                  Well not back in HS... but for a drumcore... maybe.

There's got to be some amateur ones out there somewhere... or you could become the first one man amateur drumcore ever!

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                    Well not back in HS... but for a drumcore... maybe.

There's got to be some amateur ones out there somewhere... or you could become the first one man amateur drumcore ever!

I think I saw that on Mr. Show one time.

Comment

I recently watched Drumline and I watched an episode of Monster Garage where they had these kids that were in a marching band. Call me crazy but I thought those kids were pretty friggin cool. I kinda wish I was in a marching band back when I was in high school now. I don't think they have marching bands for 31 year olds so I'm probably SOL. I suppose I could pretend march around my condo. I used to do the same thing after I watched Jackie Chan or The Matrix. Except I'd do Kung-Fu and jump off the furniture.

DarkKnight....why don't you make a video of you kung fuing and jumping around.I would like to see that and I bet there are others on here that would too...
                      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                        DarkKnight....why don't you make a video of you kung fuing and jumping around.I would like to see that and I bet there are others on here that would too...

Whoa ho ho hooooooooooooooaaaahhhhh

Woah oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahhhhh

Every body was Kung-fu fighting........

Those kicks were fast as lightning.....

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                          Whoa ho ho hooooooooooooooaaaahhhhh

Woah oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahhhhh

Every body was Kung-fu fighting........

Those kicks were fast as lightning.....
                          It took me a minute to get the first few lines... but after reading on... then... yeah. I get it.

Comment

I'm in a marching band

Comment

I wish I had the number of your supplier, cos dude! With the threads you're starting, you must be on some seriously good stuff!
                              President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                              I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Working...
                              X