Miracle on the court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miracle on the court

I don't know if you guys have heard about this but in a high school at rochester, NY, a high school boy who is autistic was given playing time in one of his high school's basketball games. He managed to notch 20 points! It's a true story, here's the link.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...orts-headlines

I saw the story on the news last night. Its a great feel good story. They were showing the crowd. Every time he made a shot, the team and crowd went nuts every time he made a shot.

At the last shot of the game, when he made the last 3 pointer, the crowd and players rushed out onto the court, lifting the kid up onto someones shoulders.

Needless to say, the kid had a HUGE grin on this face!
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Comment

That's a great story. It shows what kids can do, if only their given the chance.

Comment

I heard it on Mike and Mike this morning. maybe he's like one of those super-autistic people that are like wicked good at chess.
        the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

What a feel good story, kudos to the coach and the team. That was a very nice gesture.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
          2. Taxes
          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I saw the segment, great story.

He was hotter than a pistol. lol
            sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Here's video. Very excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBYPa...asketball%20pl
              Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Man that is amazing. I bet that day was the best for that kid. Very happy for him.

I was told by one of my girlfriends this morning about this story.

Simply amazing.

Comment

Working...
                X