A Tough Question for you to Think About

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tough Question for you to Think About

So, I was thinking about this last week, and I was planning to post this here.

Here's the Dilemma. Imagine you would be the President of the United States, and for some reason, a country with nuclear power which does not have excelent relations with the US (China, Russia, Pakistan, India) would throw an atomic bomb into one of the states.

After this attack, you would have to face a very difficult choice, to attack back ot to surrender. Now, remember that countries that produce nuclear bombs now have missiles that could destroy an area as large as the entire US, some even have some missiles that could destroy the world, so if you would be to attack back, you might take the risk of getting attacked again. Remember that these countries move their missiles into different territories, not always in their own country.

So what would you do? Attack back or surrender.

I know, its a difficult decision, but I want to know your opinions

:salute:

I would push the button then I would pray.
    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 16milehigh87
      I would push the button then I would pray.

I think that's actually the perfect solution.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_f1
        So, I was thinking about this last week, and I was planning to post this here.

Here's the Dilemma. Imagine you would be the President of the United States, and for some reason, a country with nuclear power which does not have excelent relations with the US (China, Russia, Pakistan, India) would throw an atomic bomb into one of the states.

After this attack, you would have to face a very difficult choice, to attack back ot to surrender. Now, remember that countries that produce nuclear bombs now have missiles that could destroy an area as large as the entire US, some even have some missiles that could destroy the world, so if you would be to attack back, you might take the risk of getting attacked again. Remember that these countries move their missiles into different territories, not always in their own country.

So what would you do? Attack back or surrender.

I know, its a difficult decision, but I want to know your opinions
        I would send spy's and stuff into there country gather info about where there bombs are then get the bombs then blow the other country to smitherenes.(i have no idea how to spell smitherenes.)
        the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

If I'm President, it's my duty to respond in kind to defend my country!

I hit back and finish the fight!

Under NO circumstance do I surrender. Not an option!

THEY just choose to wipe themselves off the map........................

Comment

I guess there would be no other choice.

Like 16milehigh87 said, just pray

:salute:

Comment

I don't know, but I sure would be happy that the whole thing got the world's eyes off of my adultery scandal with my intern....

Comment

I disagree with those who say that they'd press the button.

Send in a team. Assassinate all persons of importance in the country. Remove the capability from within.

Although, if I'm President, I want to know why we didn't know it was coming to begin with. The scenario given doesn't tell us that.
                HEAR ME ROAR!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

ah hem

dont forget to bomb all the asprin factorys LOL im kiddin

reality as long as your certain who is responsible turn there whole country into the biggest parking lot the world has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                    I disagree with those who say that they'd press the button.

Send in a team. Assassinate all persons of importance in the country. Remove the capability from within.

dammit! i was gonna say that. Send in the SEALs, collaberate with britains SAS. use counterintelligence. hit em where it hurts.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

I think what people aren't realizing is that no matter if we respond and attack back or just sit and surrender, the radiation will surround our planet eventually killing off all living organisms. These bombs have enough power to basically reproduce Mt St. Helens if enough of them were fired, except instead of ash circling the globe, it would be radiation.

I would fight back because theoretically the world would be dead anyway. So rather than die surrendering, I would want our nation to die fighting. If nuclear warfare ever broke out on earth, that would basically be the apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
                        I think what people aren't realizing is that no matter if we respond and attack back or just sit and surrender, the radiation will surround our planet eventually killing off all living organisms. These bombs have enough power to basically reproduce Mt St. Helens if enough of them were fired, except instead of ash circling the globe, it would be radiation.

I would fight back because theoretically the world would be dead anyway. So rather than die surrendering, I would want our nation to die fighting. If nuclear warfare ever broke out on earth, that would basically be the apocalypse.
                        Hey, I like that Frank Gifford quote that you've got in your sig Kind of plays into my point. There are no winners in nuclear war. Returning fire does get the people that hurt you, but you also kill hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of innocent people who had nothing to do with the decision to nuke you to begin with. Should those people die? I don't think so. Besides, one of the guiding theories of deterrence behind the concept of nuclear war is "Mutually Assured Destruction." If missiles are fired on both sides, everyone dies. No one wins.

Nuking them back just aggravates the problem. You've got to do a surgical strike to remove their nuclear capability, and then kill their leadership.
                        HEAR ME ROAR!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                          Hey, I like that Frank Gifford quote that you've got in your sig Kind of plays into my point. There are no winners in nuclear war. Returning fire does get the people that hurt you, but you also kill hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of innocent people who had nothing to do with the decision to nuke you to begin with. Should those people die? I don't think so. Besides, one of the guiding theories of deterrence behind the concept of nuclear war is "Mutually Assured Destruction." If missiles are fired on both sides, everyone dies. No one wins.

Nuking them back just aggravates the problem. You've got to do a surgical strike to remove their nuclear capability, and then kill their leadership.
                          This is why I didn't respond... given a choice between nuke them back or surrender is not great... I would want that third Jack Bauer option. I don't like to answer a yes no question with maybe.

Given that choice though, I'd have to nuke 'em back.
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic
                          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I'm not sure what i'd do.
                            I know two things though.
                            I wouldnt surrender.
                            I wouldn't fight back with nuclear weapons..there'd be no humans left on earth shortly.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

I'm going to go all Kobiyashi Maru on everyone, and I'd deflect the bomb to France!
                              Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Working...
                              X