bertuzzi penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertuzzi penalty

suspended for the season and the playoffs. was that enough? if i were in charge, he'd never play again. what do you think?
    yes, forgive and forget i say
    4.76%
    no way, he broke someone's neck
    66.67%
    i heard the ravens are interested in signing him
    28.57%
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Re: bertuzzi penalty

Originally posted by mattos
    suspended for the season and the playoffs. was that enough? if i were in charge, he'd never play again. what do you think?
    I think I'm glad you're not in charge.

Seriously... the act was sick, inexcusable and absolutely wrong. I think he should be suspended for as long as moore is out.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: bertuzzi penalty

Originally posted by mattos
      That was a nasty cheep shot, but not out forever. Definitly the rest of the year, and probably a fine to go with it, but not life.
      Ed McCaffery endured a bone-shattering hit that effectively ended his career...and he held on to the ball.

Comment

He deserves 2 years suspension and mabye criminal charges.

Did you hear his interview? he said he never intended to hurt him. Thats a bunch of horsesh**. What an a**hole

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87

Did you hear his interview? he said he never intended to hurt him. Thats a bunch of horsesh**. What an a**hole

Yeah I agree with the criminal charges too. It was totally uncalled for
          Ed McCaffery endured a bone-shattering hit that effectively ended his career...and he held on to the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87

Ya I know. What does he expect? What did he think, oh ya I am going to do a cheap shot to the neck and he wont be hurt. Totally uncalled for, but suspend him for the rest of the year and the playoffs.

Comment

The rest of the year and playoffs and a massive fine, and not to mention the civil charges but also nail him with a misdemeanor. Stupid punk deserves it.

Ed McCaffrey: A good blocker, a great receiver. You will be missed.

Comment

you all are nicer than i am. this sort of thing makes me furious. there is just no place for it - and i think the best way to send that message is to put hard penalties in place. so i would definately put a permanent ban on him. i'd also put one on that baseball player who spit on the umpire.
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk
                liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

He committed an act that should be tried through the criminal justice system, at the very least.
                  Originally posted by boltzpride619
                  What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                  True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

No what I really dont think there should be fighting anyways in the NHL. I mean I dont really watch the NHL that often but from what I have seen there is no sportsmanship at all. The fighting is ridicoulos and I was at a high school hockey game the other night and a kid from my school and a kid from the other school got into a fight. They both got a 9 day suspension. Its stupid.

Comment

See my signature for my feeling on the matter...

There is no way that he should be let off this easily. I'm sorry pik, but--hey wait, aren't you a red wings fan anyway? You're just happy to see us minus a player for the game on Monday! JK.

As far as keeping him out only as long as Moore is out though? That's crazy-talk...Moore, most likely, will fight to get back as soon as he possibly can; does that mean that brattuzzi should be able to get back sooner/get a positive out of Moore coming back sooner than he should? No, absolutly not! the Brat should be suspended for a calendar year, AT LEAST, if not for life. He says that he "doesn't play that way" and that it wasn't like him--but he did it. Didn't mean to hurt anyone? Hey listen, let's say I run you over with my car because someone put a bounty out on you for bonking my friend in the head with a nerf ball...So I go out & hunt you down & keep hunting you down until I can completely knock you out & keep on running you over with my car until I'm completely satisfied with the amount of blood shed...Then the next day when I see what I've done I apologize & say "Oh but I didn't mean for you to get hurt like that...I don't drive like that normally does that make it better for you, your friends, your family? Hell no. I'm still going to get my drivers license revoked as well as spend time behind bars...Even if I say I was sorry!!!!

From what I hear, the brat is still up for criminal charges, will probably never serve any jail time (although I hear Martha needs someone to turn into her b*tch...) but will face huge penalties through the police. Of course, next season he will have to "petition" to be allowed back into the NHL, so maybe they will have worked something more out by then...I think the entire Cannuck organization should be taking more of a penalty than this--The way the coach was laughing about the manner, it was ridiculous. They belittled what happened and gave hockey an even worse name than it already has.

Comment

I'm not going to defend Bertuzzis actions for I feel they were way out of line.

That being said let me shed a little light on a few things for those of you who haven't been involved in the game since you could walk.

You cannot compare the violence in hockey with the violence in any other pro sport. Hockey is an extremely fast and spontaneous game, this does not lend itself to smart decisions. (See Marty Mccsorley, Todd Bertuzzi, Maurice Richard). I have watched the tape of the Bertuzzi incident over and over, slow mo and real speed. He definitely deserves the punishment he received and then some, but there is no way he should be criminally charged. The sucker punch was wrong but I (IMHO) don't feel he meant to drive Moore's face into the ice intentionally. Write this down...if Moore recovers in the offseason and Bertuzzi isn't charged, he will be back at the start of next year. If Moore cannot continue to play or if Bertuzzi is prosecuted it will be game over Bert, see you in the beer leagues.

Just my thoughts
                        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Regardless, he *stalked* out moore...He had pre-meditated his attack...therefore making it pre-meditated assault. It does require a police investigation and criminal charges.

I know you can't compare hockey to other sports as far as violence goes...funny thing is, Friday night during the drive down to TX my fiance & I were discussing it because of Foote's (legal) knock to another player that sent him crashing into the wall breaking his foot. We talked about how it's not too often that you see too many players carted off the ice due to an injury. Usually they can suck it up & deal with it long enough to skate off, even when it's serious like a broken foot--Blake's done it, Forsberg's done it--they both even tried playing a few more games on their injuries, when they came at key points. Just thought that was an interesting tidbit.

Of course, nobody here was really comparing hockey's injuries to any other sport. I gave a simple analogy about running someone over so as to make other people understand where I was coming from--I didn't mean it as "well hockey is a violent sport & you know, blahblahblah"...So I don't even understand why you went off on that tangent...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
                            So I don't even understand why you went off on that tangent...
                            Don't take it personally...this whole Bertuzzi thing is an emotional topic for me. It has a lot to do with the direction hockey is going and what the powers that be are doing about it. I could ramble on and on and on about what's right and wrong with hockey, but this is not the place and my posts might start looking a little Bcollinish.

For the record...Bertuzzi's suspension and subsequent review is a fitting punishment, but this is not an issue for the legal system.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                              For the record...Bertuzzi's suspension and subsequent review is a fitting punishment, but this is not an issue for the legal system.
                              Bertuzzi still intended(and did) to hurt someone, whether he did it during a sport or not. It was still a criminal act, and absolutely disgusting at that. It was completely unecessary, and I think he deserves to face criminal charges. Just because he did this during a hockey game does not excuse his behavior.

Comment

Working...
                              X