Some random facts about yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some random facts about yourself

This has been done before but I thought it would be worth doing again as a way of getting to know our fellow posters better.

Just post a few facts about yourself that other posters may not know about.

1. I'm mad about rice - I eat it twice a day, five times a week. Monday and Thursday's are my days off.

2. My son's father is Zimbabwean

3. I missed a month of college in 1989 because of the birth of my son. I was at college the day before he was born.

4. I'm descended from a gang of 18th century bandits known in welsh as the "gwylliaid cochion" which translates as "the red bandits"

5. In 1988 the government issued guidelines for alcohol consumption. 14 units was deemed the safe level for men and 7 for women. Subsequently my friends and I went out drinking all week and consumed in the region of a 140 units.

6. The village where my Dad was brought up was drowned in the 1960s to create a reservoir to provide water for the city of Liverpool

7. I've never had a boyfriend that's taller than me. The shortest was 5'1" and the tallest 6'2".

8. I had piano and clarinet lessons for ten years, played in the county orchestra and played the organ in chapel services till I was 22.

9. I've had five operations and been ill for a third of my life.

10. The primary school I attended is located on land where there used to be a welsh whisky distillery and was used as a prison camp for Irish rebels during the early part of the 20th century.

And that's it, now it's your turn

Oh yes - I almost forgot to add - I'm a weak swimmer, which is a big disadvantage for a shark!
    Last edited by Jaws; 03-22-2006, 10:06 AM.

-I have 7 siblings

-I love to read, play football, and do crossword puzzles

-My record for consecutive hours awake is 69 hours and 32 minutes

- I sing in a band, I also write lyrics

-I have been know to creat new words out of old ones to describe the idiocy of certain people.

-I cant swim, which is a big disadvantage for a peurto Rican.

- I have a very warped sense of humor

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

1. I was born in Niagara Falls, NY.

2. I attended 3 elementary schools in 6 years. We moved a lot when I was a kid.

3. Lived in Colorado for 26 years. Moved there when I was 3.

4. My first car was a 1976 Pontiac Catalina. Used to be a cop car. That thing was FAST! Dual carbs, 400 Interceptor Engine, major gas hog!

5. I've had 3 surgeries to remove cysts from my lower spine (tailbone). I dont recommend it.

6. I'm two years away from completing my degree in Meteorology. (I did graduate college, just not in meteorology. Moved to Indiana and had to change majors.)

7. I hate skiing.

8. Love junk food. It likes to hang around

9. Just started trying to make my own clothes. After a few mishaps, I think I am getting the hang of it.

10. Hubby and I have tried for kids for about a year now. No luck yet. But it's fun to try!
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

Hmmm, let's see here.

I've never owned a car with an automatic transmission.

I've been to more countries in Europe than states in the U.S., yet hadn't been on an airplane til the age 16.

I'm a first generation american, with both my parents coming here in the mid-60's.

I'm a middle child.

I don't have tonsils.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Since I can't sleep...

1. I don't know who my real dad is (mom is a hippy).

2. I don't remember my real hair color.

3. I wear big, ugly, fuzzy socks around the house in my underwear, that's all.

4. My mom named my half brother, John Michael after Ozzy (she says).

5. I put sour cream on everything.

6. Horses freak me out.

7. I can't eat before 11am cuz it makes me sick.

8. I like country music (some of it guilty pleasure....don't tell)

9. I was a fat, short little girl (I weight 115lbs now...still short)

10. Also, I play lead guitar and love to play drums....sometimes sing.

11. I love, love, love to play paintball. I'm a good sniper.

Comment

1. ) I've lived in Cincinnati all my life. I've never been outside of the country.
            2. ) I've been a football fan for almost as long as I can remember. My other favorite sports are college basketball and UFC.
            3. ) I used to want to be a professional wrestler. I gave up on that dream when I injured my neck while weightlifting.
            4. ) My dream is to someday be a professional sports writer. I'm going to start writing for KFFL in my spare time. I just have to get the contributor form to them and I'll be good to go.
            5. ) I used to be a Republican. Funny how things work out, no?
            6. ) I'm an excellent poker player. I won $75 playing cards this weekend. I play at least once a week.
            7. ) I'm a beer snob, but you knew that already.
            8. ) My favorite TV shows are CSI and Law & Order.
            9. ) Everyone I know and hang out with is funny as hell.
            10.) My first post on the board was a trollish "thank you for Deltha O'Neal" thread in the smack forum. Since then, I've made a lot of friends here.
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
              1. ) I've lived in Cincinnati all my life. I've never been outside of the country.
              2. ) I've been a football fan for almost as long as I can remember. My other favorite sports are college basketball and UFC.
              3. ) I used to want to be a professional wrestler. I gave up on that dream when I injured my neck while weightlifting.
              4. ) My dream is to someday be a professional sports writer. I'm going to start writing for KFFL in my spare time. I just have to get the contributor form to them and I'll be good to go.
              5. ) I used to be a Republican. Funny how things work out, no?
              6. ) I'm an excellent poker player. I won $75 playing cards this weekend. I play at least once a week.
              7. ) I'm a beer snob, but you knew that already.
              8. ) My favorite TV shows are CSI and Law & Order.
              9. ) Everyone I know and hang out with is funny as hell.
              10.) My first post on the board was a trollish "thank you for Deltha O'Neal" thread in the smack forum. Since then, I've made a lot of friends here.

damnit, Im bound by the friends' code of ethics not to joke about you! but Im surprised no mexican jokes are forthcoming.

Comment

I am one of five siblings.

I recently appeared on TV here. This brings my total media appearances, outside of my work, to 33 in 15 different states.

I have a minor in theater performance.

Although culturally, I am a proud and observant Puerto Rican, I don't speak a lick of Spanish.

I recently became an uncle.

I played a year of college basketball.

I was once a pretty serious musician.

I have never touched a firearm.

I have never broken a bone.

I've never had a serious illness. In fact, I haven't called in sick to work or school since a VERY bad case of flu in the 6th grade. I've missed for funerals and stuff, but not sickness.

I've been doing radio, either as a hobby, or for money, for more than half my life.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
                  1. I don't know who my real dad is (mom is a hippy).

2. I don't remember my real hair color.

3. I wear big, ugly, fuzzy socks around the house in my underwear, that's all.

4. My mom named my half brother, John Michael after Ozzy (she says).

5. I put sour cream on everything.

6. Horses freak me out.

7. I can't eat before 11am cuz it makes me sick.

8. I like country music (some of it guilty pleasure....don't tell)

9. I was a fat, short little girl (I weight 115lbs now...still short)

10. Also, I play lead guitar and love to play drums....sometimes sing.

11. I love, love, love to play paintball. I'm a good sniper.

If it wasn't for that pesky wife, I'd say "hello."

Just kidding about the wife part. I love her.

But if I were in Indiana, I could see us getting along famously.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

we should start a broncomania band.

a few more things about myself.

- I am a very good immpresionist and mimic.

- I have 7 uncles, no aunts, so it isnt surprising that I have 6 sisters to even it out.

-music and comedy both hold huge places in my heart. I love to do both
                    Last edited by Broncofan-13; 03-22-2006, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      If it wasn't for that pesky wife, I'd say "hello."

Just kidding about the wife part. I love her.

But if I were in Indiana, I could see us getting along famously.
                      I take that as a huge compliment. Thank you.

I'm wierd and quirky, as you will find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
                        I take that as a huge compliment. Thank you.

I'm wierd and quirky, as you will find out.
                        Weird and quirky - you'll fit right in on this board

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                          Weird and quirky - you'll fit right in on this board

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan-13
                            damnit, Im bound by the friends' code of ethics not to joke about you! but Im surprised no mexican jokes are forthcoming.
                            Hey, among my friends, it's shocking if you DON'T make fun of one another! So fire away
                            HEAR ME ROAR!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                              Hey, among my friends, it's shocking if you DON'T make fun of one another! So fire away
                              In that case, I'm afraid you may have been misinterpreting me.

I'm working on a list guys... I swear it.

Comment

Working...
                              X