Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A story of child abuse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A story of child abuse

    Oakland, CA (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of an
    Orange County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling
    over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being
    beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his
    aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that
    family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

    The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
    more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
    the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy
    cried out that they also beat him.

    After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
    that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
    judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who
    should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal
    references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted
    temporary custody to the Oakland Raiders, whom the boy firmly believes
    are not capable of beating anyone.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

  • #2
    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    Oakland, CA (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of an
    Orange County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling
    over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being
    beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his
    aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that
    family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

    The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
    more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
    the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy
    cried out that they also beat him.

    After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
    that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
    judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who
    should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal
    references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted
    temporary custody to the Oakland Raiders, whom the boy firmly believes
    are not capable of beating anyone.
    It must suck to be a Raider fan. .

    Then again, I imagine that it is only slightly worse than being a Bengal fan.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LDB
      It must suck to be a Raider fan. .

      Then again, I imagine that it is only slightly worse than being a Bengal fan.
      Come on by and see me at the smack forum sometime, LDB. I may have something for ya.
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

      Comment


      • #4
        This has got to be one of the saddest things I have ever heard... that the boy has never come across *anyone* that he can think of that wouldn't beat him? Hopefully, after having his story out, they'll be able to get him the help he needs... he's going to need a lot of it over the next few years to get over this. Poor little guy!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by redbirdy80
          This has got to be one of the saddest things I have ever heard... that the boy has never come across *anyone* that he can think of that wouldn't beat him? Hopefully, after having his story out, they'll be able to get him the help he needs... he's going to need a lot of it over the next few years to get over this. Poor little guy!

          Did you, by any chance, not finish the story?


          Administrator

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Allright, folks... Feeling a little stupid right about now... I think maybe it's time to have a good old laugh at MY expense, as well as that of the Raiders...
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by redbirdy80
              Allright, folks... Feeling a little stupid right about now... I think maybe it's time to have a good old laugh at MY expense

              Way ahead of you!

              Administrator

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by redbirdy80
                Allright, folks... Feeling a little stupid right about now... I think maybe it's time to have a good old laugh at MY expense, as well as that of the Raiders...
                Everyone point and laugh at redbirdy80!



                HEAR ME ROAR!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by redbirdy80
                  Allright, folks... Feeling a little stupid right about now... I think maybe it's time to have a good old laugh at MY expense, as well as that of the Raiders...
                  *points at Red*

                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic
                  Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
                    Way ahead of you!

                    I wonder if the blond in her avatar's gone to her head?
                    HEAR ME ROAR!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Allright, boys, Yuk it up!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by redbirdy80
                        Allright, boys, Yuk it up!
                        We've got nothing but luv for ya, red.



                        But every day, someone's gotta pay.
                        HEAR ME ROAR!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                          We've got nothing but luv for ya, red.



                          But every day, someone's gotta pay.
                          For personal reasons, this thread is now one of my top 10 threads ever.



                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic
                          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                            We've got nothing but luv for ya, red.


                            But every day, someone's gotta pay.

                            Glad I could be of service this morning!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LordTrychon
                              For personal reasons, this thread is now one of my top 10 threads ever.




                              Good thing I quoted her....if she chooses to edit her post, we'll all still have a copy of the original!
                              Administrator

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X