Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most you've gone without sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most you've gone without sleep?

Me?

76 hours

I almost died.

When I was fighting fires after my freshman year in college I went without sleep every other night for two weeks. And the nights we slept we got about 4 hours. And it wasn't like we were sitting around during the day, we were working extremely hard.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

With or without drugs

Comment

I did about 60 once.....

and I agree with the Dark Knight, it felt like I was dying.

Such is life in radio when the Governor declares a snow emergency. No one can come in to relieve you.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Bah...Sleep is overrated.

It actually depends on what your definition of sleep is. Do you mean REM or dream-stage sleep/restorative sleep? If so, then over the past 23 years I've rarely gotten *any* sleep--I have an anamoly where instead of going into the REM stage, I end up having a slight seizure/brain activity spark up that keeps my body from getting the rest it needs. That's why it seems that I'm "always sick"...or "always tired".

Comment

I meant that I went 60 hours in a full wakeful state where I didn't even have time to put my head down or otherwise rest my body or brain. I wasn't even napping

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Id be dead - no doubt - i need sleep - one all nighter a week is about all i can handle and even then my ass is draggin - I would say my tops would be 24/28 hours and even then i may have caught a quick snooze here and there -

Comment

To be honest I don't know.....used to do a 12 hour night shift...couldn't sleep during the day between shifts I know I went tooo long, it can wear on a person

Comment

Sounds about right...
                  The summer after my freshman year of college/during winter break, I worked for a certain internet "superstore" which was open 24/7/365. My scheduled shift was from 10am-8pm (4 10s) and I would usually get suckered into staying to work the graveyard as well. I'd get home about 8am (hour long drive), get food, work out, take a shower, then head back to work. I did that almost all the time. I guess I just don't really miss sleep too much. Of course, when I do sleep I want to stay in bed for-EVER because my bed is so comfy/cozy.

Comment

Re: What's the most you've gone without sleep?

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                    Me?

76 hours

I almost died.
                    Wow. I only went about 50 something hours without sleep once.

Nothing is sweeter than when your head hits that pillow and you're out for a good 12 hours after such a marathon.
                    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

i was sick when i was about 11 and was to scared to sleep so about 33 hours
                      2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

4 days 14 hours 32 minutes. on a school trip round france and belguim, since it was 3 nights and days on a bus i didnt sleep any of those, 4th night hotel, room mates who had slept, decided they didnt wanna sleep that night. once you get past a certain point it doesnt seem to get any worse.
                        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I've stayed up for 4 days a few times...although I had assistance...without assistance it was only like 32 hours when I was in high school...I'm weak, I need sleep...

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                          Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                          Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                          Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by kenoyripsit28
                            i was sick when i was about 11 and was to scared to sleep so about 33 hours

Scared to sleep?

Hmm how bizarre.

Comment

When I was little I used to be scared to sleep when I would get these horrible nightmares. Now all I want to do is sleep - instead of come to work!

Comment

Working...
                              X