Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phagophobiacs read this.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phagophobiacs read this.......

    Freaky Phobias:



    Androphobia is the fear of men.

    Anglophobia is the fear of England or English culture.

    Autophobia is the fear of yourself.



    Caligynephobia is the fear of beautiful women.

    Chaetophobia is the fear of hair.

    Chrometophobia is the fear of money.

    Clinophobia is the fear of going to bed.



    Defecaloesioephobia is the fear of painful bowel movements.

    Erotophobia is the fear of love/sex.

    Geniophobia is the fear of chins.

    Genuphobia is the fear of knees.


    Gnosiophobia is the fear of knowledge.

    Gymnophobia is the fear of being naked.

    Gynephobia is the fear of women.


    Homilophobia is the fear of sermons.

    Microphobia is the fear of small things.

    Parthenophobia is the fear of virgins

    Pneumatophobia is a fear of air.

    Phagophobia is the fear of swallowing or of eating or of being eaten.


    Politicophobia is the fear or abnormal dislike of polititions.

    Scatophobia is the fear of fecal matter.

    Thalassophobia is the fear of the sea.


    Uranophobia is the fear of heaven.

    Uranophobia is the fear of urine or urinating.

    link



    I am a thalassophobic, androphobic, phagophobic shark - I'm doomed! Help me!


    What's your phobia?
    Last edited by Jaws; 04-15-2006, 08:08 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jaws
    What's your phobia?
    Sharks with phobias!

    -----

    Comment


    • #3
      --- I have no phobias that I am aware of ---

      --- I have been in small, closed, spaces for long periods of time ---

      --- I don't particularly care for it, but I can do it ---

      --- I have always been the outdoors type ---

      --- My level of tolerence in a crowded room, like a meeting, is about 20-25 minutes before I start getting antsy --- I always finish the meetings, but wish I could get out earlier ---

      --- I wonder why claustrophobia isn't listed in the link ---- a popular phobia ---


      --- If I had to choose one phobia from the link, it would be Anglophobia ---

      --- I'm afraid that those Brits just think that they are better than anyone else !!!

      ---

      ---

      .
      Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 04-15-2006, 09:00 AM.

      May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
        --- I have no phobias that I am aware of ---

        --- I have been in small, closed, spaces for long periods of time ---

        --- I don't particularly care for it, but I can do it ---

        --- I have always been the outdoors type ---

        --- My level of tolerence in a crowded room, like a meeting, is about 20-25 minutes before I start getting antsy --- I always finish the meetings, but wish I could get out earlier ---

        --- I wonder why claustrophobia isn't listed in the link ---- a popular phobia ---


        --- If I had to choose one phobia from the link, it would be Anglophobia ---

        --- I'm afraid that those Brits just think that they are better than anyone else !!!


        ---

        .
        Oh yes . . .

        And snakes with no phobias!

        -----

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jaws
          Freaky Phobias:
          Chaetophobia is the fear of hair.

          Chrometophobia is the fear of money.

          Erotophobia is the fear of love/sex.

          Gnosiophobia is the fear of knowledge.
          For a while I used to say that I had Chaetophobia, Chrometophobia, Eortophobia and Gnosiophobia.... later I realized that it was a poor excuse to say that I was stupid, broke, going bald and wasn't getting any....

          Now, I'm happily married, so I guess we eliminate the Erotophobia... but I'm still stupid, broke and going bald.

          And a quick comment:

          Uranophobia is the fear of heaven.

          Uranophobia is the fear of urine or urinating.
          This is either a typo or a very unfortunate common name.

          Comment


          • #6
            I fear cold water.. ..has something to do with my time while in the Navy.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have a completely irrational fear of heights. I don't have a problem with flying or anything like that, but being in tall, open spaces where I'm not secured can give me vertigo. Fortunately, it's not really much of an issue for me anymore - I'm even a rollercoaster enthusiast. Go figure.

              I have a child trauma-induced fear of insects. When I was little, my dad played on a softball team every saturday, and he'd bring the family down to the park to watch the games. Well one day, he was in a tournament, so we were there all day, and my mom goes to get McDonald's for me and my sister (the park's concessions were limited to beer and... beer). She comes back and gives each of us a happy meal and a coke. Well, I was too busy playing with the other kids to eat my food right away, so a few minutes went by before I finally got to it. Well, I went to take a sip of my coke, and one of the most painful sensations of my life shot through me.

              A bumblebee had crawled down my straw, and I had sucked him into my mouth.

              I now absolutely hate any insect larger than a common housefly.
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                I have a completely irrational fear of heights. I don't have a problem with flying or anything like that, but being in tall, open spaces where I'm not secured can give me vertigo. Fortunately, it's not really much of an issue for me anymore - I'm even a rollercoaster enthusiast. Go figure.

                I have a child trauma-induced fear of insects. When I was little, my dad played on a softball team every saturday, and he'd bring the family down to the park to watch the games. Well one day, he was in a tournament, so we were there all day, and my mom goes to get McDonald's for me and my sister (the park's concessions were limited to beer and... beer). She comes back and gives each of us a happy meal and a coke. Well, I was too busy playing with the other kids to eat my food right away, so a few minutes went by before I finally got to it. Well, I went to take a sip of my coke, and one of the most painful sensations of my life shot through me.

                A bumblebee had crawled down my straw, and I had sucked him into my mouth.

                I now absolutely hate any insect larger than a common housefly.
                Watch our Whodey - there's a giant 5 foot spider behind you - hehe!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  First Jaws,
                  Thanks for the thread. We need some fun ABF threads for discussions.

                  I don't have any phobias that I know of, but out of all of those you mentioned I come close to that defa..........phobia. Orange juice does that to me some time.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    --- If I had to choose one phobia from the link, it would be Anglophobia ---
                    As a Welshie I would have to say I approve of that phobia AZ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have a HUGE fear of hights but just like WhoDey I love roller coasters .

                      When my class was in Ghettysburg we had to walk up a tower that was build a long long time ago during the war that had to be at least 5 stories scared the crap out of me even though I didn't show it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                        --- If I had to choose one phobia from the link, it would be Anglophobia ---

                        --- I'm afraid that those Brits just think that they are better than anyone else !!!

                        .
                        We don't think it, Snake, we know it





                        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

                        Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                        You'll Never Walk Alone




                        Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

                        You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

                        Maybe Slowick should pay attention

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                          I have a completely irrational fear of heights. I don't have a problem with flying or anything like that, but being in tall, open spaces where I'm not secured can give me vertigo. Fortunately, it's not really much of an issue for me anymore - I'm even a rollercoaster enthusiast. Go figure.
                          I have a fear of high heights. I have no problems climbing ladders or standing on walls or the like. It's only when I'm sure I would die from the fall that it gets to me.

                          I've been to scenic lookouts where the handrail seems sturdy enough but the mere possibility that I could still fall off can almost bring me to my knees from the severe vertigo. Same things at the top of tall buildings.

                          It's funny, I rode the Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere hotel/casino in Las Vegas. Just standing on top of the building against the guardrail nearly made me sick but once I was strapped into the ride I had no problem (it's was an amazing view!) because I felt secure and wasn't afraid of death. Weird, huh?
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            yah i have phobias....it all started with my dad and such, saying stuff about how he though i was ummmmm errrr yah the g word ( which im not lol), (im a soph. in high school right now) because ive never had a girlfriend uhh yah, so i dunno i have a fear kinda of trusting people? if that works lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Erotophobia is the fear of love/sex.
                              He he, they don't know what they're missing........

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X