X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Oklahoma City Bombings !!! ---

--- Today is the 19th of April ---

--- I made my first post this morning at 6:43 am, AZ time ---

--- I have been waiting all day to see if anyone would mention the anniversary of this horrifying and shocking day of our history ---

--- To my dismay it seems as though The Oklahoma City Bombing is all but FORGOTTEN !!! ---

--- "Eleven years after the most deadly act of domestic terrorism in U.S. history, survivors, terrorism experts and law enforcement authorities fear that lessons learned are being forgotten as the nation focuses on international threats and the Oklahoma City bombing becomes a footnote in history books ---

--- Six years before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, a cargo truck packed with two tons of ammonium nitrate and fuel oil was detonated in front of the nine-story Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995, killing 168 people — including 19 children — and injuring hundreds more" ---

--- 11 September 2001 seems to be all but forgotten as well --- as long as we have our nice cars, cell phones, fast food, I-Pods and DVDs --- who cares?

--- http://www.pryordailytimes.com/homep...adpicturestory

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

All but forgotten also are the traffic camera tapes from both instances that would give some insight as to what truly happened, (Pentagon, OKC), that the FBI confiscated and has yet to release to the public from either horrible event.
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Wow....11 years.....doesn't seem like that long ago. Unfortunately....I did forget about this. Sad thing is I remember clearly that Columbine happened 2 days from now. Weird how some things stick with you more than others.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

i remember it clearly...... i was in alburqueque in a meeting ...and one woman got a call in the room, she stepped out and came back and said she had to leave....turns out she and one of her family members worked in the building, kept thier kids in the daycare, but she happened to be in our meeting and not at work......she called back and said that the person had been late for work and was pulling in the lot with thier kids when the bomb went off
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Not forgotten, AZ...

....just waiting for the proper AUTHORITY to post it!

Good job!
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

No one ever believes me, but I was laid up with a serious combo of strep and UTI at the same time (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) when that when down, and I didn't hear about it for a few days. I was that sick. I slept and threw up in alternate turns.

So, the date has always been a bit fuzzy for me. I knew it was April.

Sorry.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

I was on ambulance duty that day, my head was spinning with what everyone must be going through as I watched.

Comment

Leave it to the media to herd us all like sheep into whatever direction they see fit.
                You don't see coverage on it because it's not going to bring ratings.

Perhaps another reason they aren't really highlighting this is because it was done by one of us (speculation, but the point I made above is what I think it is), which is so wrong. To have the kind of freedoms we have in this country, yet the only way they felt they could get their point across was through sheer violence. Here we are, years later fighting in another country on the basis that these people deserve the same kinds of freedoms we have every day....

There's a deeper message I'm trying to get through here, but I don't have the intellect to make the point.

I'm not that deep, I just hope you see the irony in all of it.
                It's not this country, it's humanity as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                X