Political and Religious Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political and Religious Discussions

Effective immediately, threads and posts dealing primarily with political and/or religious topics are no longer allowed on the Broncomania Message Boards.

We have found that our moderator staff puts an indordinate amount of time and effort into dealing with these types of discussions. And that their emotional nature frequently leads to members violating the Code of Conduct.

We have and will continue to encourage our members to use the Boards to discuss topics unrelated to football. But being first and foremost a Denver Broncos forum, we feel it is no longer appropriate to allow political and religious discussions here.

The Code of Conduct has been updated to reflect this change in policy, and members who violate it will be subject to the same response as other CoC violations, including warnings, temporary suspensions and permanent bans.

As always, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions. And thanks for your continued support of the Denver Broncos.

It's sad that it's come to this.

I understand very well how this has come about.

It's such a shame that we can't discuss these matters in a civil manner and that some members post on topics solely to provoke a reaction.

I shall miss the Official Christianity thread very much. For the most part it was a civil discussion in there and a lot of us have received much blessing through that thread.

I think ABF will be the poorer for losing these discussions but can understand the reasons behind it.

Comment

Yea, it's a shame but it had to be done, sometimes these conversations get very heated, that's why I don't spend much time looking at them, they just set me off...

Comment

What happens to threads such as the Official Christianity thread one now?

Do they go into forum archives?

Do they cease to exist immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
          What happens to threads such as the Official Christianity thread one now?

Do they go into forum archives?

Do they cease to exist immediately?
          Appears they are just locked.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

They are closed, but to my knowledge, not deleted. They are able to be viewed at anytime by anyone, including anoymous guests.

There is a buddy function as well as a multiple recipient function for PM's to discuss any topic at anytime with a group of people.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              They are closed, but to my knowledge, not deleted. They are able to be viewed at anytime by anyone, including anoymous guests.

There is a buddy function as well as a multiple recipient function for PM's to discuss any topic at anytime with a group of people.
              Anybody can contact me at [email protected] and we can chat using google talk or PM me.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Is my custom title now a violation of the CoC?

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

Is it really ok to use those for that, Jared? That would be cool....

By using the Broncomania Message Boards, you agree that you will not post any of the following material in chat rooms, bulletin boards or other forums, including private messages:
                  Also, I'm curious... all of those posts in those threads that are closed now technically violate the CoC... why was it decided not to delete them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                    Is my custom title now a violation of the CoC?
                    I see no harm in it JAWS but if a thread gets created and a flaming war happens in it, we shut it down. I see it like you wearing a cross or something. No biggie.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I am saddened by this. During the offseason there is nothing much to talk about for the Broncos, but I still enjoy interacting with many of the members here. I understand where you are coming from about the arguments though.

One of the things that I enjoy about the ABF is how informative it is. I have learned a lot from the posters there. About Politics and Worldviews. Not only do I get the stuff that I agree with, but I get to see how others see things and see their arguments. In my mind it is a way of clearing up ignorance. Of course, things might get testy...but things always get worked out or die down. Most of the time I rarely see Mods get involved at all...I guess they just work behind the scenes. Which doesn't really serve the board because we can all learn from the mistakes others make. If someone is violating the COC then a post should be made saying that this is an example of a violation and nothing like it will be tolerated. This just seems to be out of the blue. If it were announced that if posters don't cool their guns then political and religious threads would no longer be allowed then I think that would have solved a lot of the problems. Suspending and banning members and showing why they were banned would also help.

Your board, your rules. But I can't see how anything of substance will ever be discussed here. It will all be inane stuff...like what are you listening to. I guess maybe you should look at the Trash talk board too because I often see flagrant violations of the COC there and things often get out of hand too.

Edit...perhaps adding some Mod's would help too. If it is strictly volunteer then I don't see why there needs to be a set number.
                      Last edited by LDB; 04-21-2006, 02:25 PM.
                      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                        I see no harm in it JAWS but if a thread gets created and a flaming war happens, we shut it down.
                        It's going to be tricky to know what topics are suitable for posting about in ABF because so many topics have potential to turn into political discussions. ABF may be a more peacefull forum from now on but a pretty boring one too.

Comment

How is this going to work?

Are we just not allowed to discuss current events at all? Because otherwise, I am not sure how politics can be avoided.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------
                          "…our brothers are silent, for they dare not speak the thoughts of their minds. For all must agree with all, and they cannot know if their thoughts are the thoughts of all, and so they fear to speak."

Anthem

Comment

Originally posted by JADJARHD
                            Are we just not allowed to discuss current events at all? Because otherwise, I am not sure how politics can be avoided.
                            Good question, JAD. I'd like to be able to discuss the high price of gas...but that could get political very quickly...
                            sigpic
                            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                            -Sean Payton

Comment

Ultimately, this is a football message board and we should keep the spirit of Denver Bronco football as the main focus.
                              Yet we've just had a new forum created for "other sports"

Coulda just kept them in ABF and renamed it the sports cafe (now that most of the threads that usually keep it going are no more)

Comment

Working...
                              X