No announcement yet.

Ever dreamt you were losing your teeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever dreamt you were losing your teeth?

Last night I dreamt I was losing my teeth (a serious problem if you are a shark) so I decided to seek help. As Joseph was not around to oblige I turned to the internet. This is what I found:

Many of us have been the victim of tooth-lose dreams and have carried this concern into the morning.
    Here's a quote: "Tooth dreams are open to many interpretations and have been handled successfully by very few of the modern dream interpreters."

This was written in the 2nd Century by the ancient interpreter, Artemidorus. Even the Vedas and texts 2000 years BC talk about tooth dreams. So you can see there is a long history of confusion. Freud and Jung explored the possibilities of tooth loss and hysteria, but modern dream interpreters take a different approach that is more direct.

What, we can ask ourselves, do teeth do? They hold, cut, grasp and generally are the first way we had to do these things. But then we lost our first set, just as we were gaining in self-control and power. And yet, shortly thereafter, a new and larger world and set of teeth appear!

And so, if I have a tooth lose dream, I can ask myself:

1. What parts of my world and life are slipping away?
    2. What new larger world will this lead me too?

Lose a tooth, gain a world!

What strange dream experiences have you had and have you ever sought help to interpret them?

I've losed a few teeth early on in life, but I've never had a dream about losing teeth.

I use to hae those fallen in mid air dreams.

Good morning Sharkie.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

I hated those falling in air dreams! I always used to jerk awake just before I landed.

I heard something else about losing teeth in dreams: something to do with wanting to get pregnant, or something about the urge to start a family....
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
        I hated those falling in air dreams! I always used to jerk awake just before I landed.

I heard something else about losing teeth in dreams: something to do with wanting to get pregnant, or something about the urge to start a family....
        One dolphin is enough!

Comment

Very interesting topic here Jaws.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Holy cow Jaws, I HAVE had dreams where I lose my teeth, on a couple of occasions. They just start falling out in my dream, its sooo wierd. I couldn't stand it when I woke up because I always freak out. I don't wanna lose my teeth!

Comment

Can't say that I have
              sigpic

Comment

One time a giant cockroach ate me, but no..no dreams about losing my teeth.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                  One time a giant cockroach ate me, but no..no dreams about losing my teeth.
                  Hang on...I can interpret that dream for you:

Giant cockroach = a billion dollar worth franchise located in the Big Apple

Being eaten = you feel stifled and trapped. You should get out.

I'm not getting the full picture on this one, but I suspect it could signify that you need to find another sports team to support perhaps?

I look into my crystal ball and see a red sock.......hmm...interesting.
                  Last edited by Jaws; 04-23-2006, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                    Ever dreamt you were losing your teeth?
                    'Twas a dream come true for me . . .

That's why I wear a partial.

-----

Comment

Nothing wrong with a toothless woman

Comment

Digging this up again, I dreamt last night that I was losing teeth. Really weird. It was just me walking around Camden with my dad and all of a sudden, two of my teeth come out. One of them was a normal molar (with a hole in it for some reason). The other seemed like an amalgamation between my wisdom tooth (which is coming through) and my normal tooth. Weird.

I've been thinking a lot about the future recently, about post-Uni with my girlfriend, living together, getting married and stuff. Call me young and mad...but eh, romance isn't dead. Alternatively, I just did badly (by my standards) in chemistry a month away from the exams. So that might be it. And it's my 18th tomorrow, so I may be afraid of getting older. Interesting links...

I have the WEIRDEST dreams though. I used to have dreams about being chased by someone who wanted to kill me the whole time. They stopped when I started my relationship with Becky, so I guess that's linked. Now my dreams are just trippy weird. Tuna fishing in the Thames surrounded by sharks? WTF is that about?
                        Last edited by muse; 04-27-2006, 01:05 AM.
                        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                          Last night I dreamt I was losing my teeth (a serious problem if you are a shark) so I decided to seek help. As Joseph was not around to oblige I turned to the internet. This is what I found:

Many of us have been the victim of tooth-lose dreams and have carried this concern into the morning.
                          Here's a quote: "Tooth dreams are open to many interpretations and have been handled successfully by very few of the modern dream interpreters."

This was written in the 2nd Century by the ancient interpreter, Artemidorus. Even the Vedas and texts 2000 years BC talk about tooth dreams. So you can see there is a long history of confusion. Freud and Jung explored the possibilities of tooth loss and hysteria, but modern dream interpreters take a different approach that is more direct.

What, we can ask ourselves, do teeth do? They hold, cut, grasp and generally are the first way we had to do these things. But then we lost our first set, just as we were gaining in self-control and power. And yet, shortly thereafter, a new and larger world and set of teeth appear!

And so, if I have a tooth lose dream, I can ask myself:

1. What parts of my world and life are slipping away?
                          2. What new larger world will this lead me too?

Lose a tooth, gain a world!

What strange dream experiences have you had and have you ever sought help to interpret them?

I dream that I have vampire teeth all the time (I'm serious)....it's pretty cool.

Comment

I have that dream on a normal basis.... no kiddin'... well at least like once a month or once every couple months.

I think mine are becuase I have a tooth that needs work on it but I have no insurance and I am paraniod that it is going to fall out haha
                            ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by IZAAK
                              I have that dream on a normal basis.... no kiddin'... well at least like once a month or once every couple months.

I think mine are becuase I have a tooth that needs work on it but I have no insurance and I am paraniod that it is going to fall out haha
                              I think that may be why I occassionally have that dream too. I have a tooth that needs work on.

I had a lot of work done on my teeth in 2004 - cost me £2000!

I haven't been back since. A couple of weeks ago, I found a more reasonably priced dentist, but the waiting list is huge. It will be August at least before I get to see him. Hopefully my teeth won't fall out before then - a toothless shark would be good for nothing!

Comment

Working...
                              X