• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First love

So tell me....

Who was your first love?

What did you love about this person?

If it did, why did it end?

I fell in love with a boy when I was 19.
    He was a drummer like me. He taught me a lot.
    He made me laugh and he was so very smart.
    We talked for hours on end. It lasted two and a half years.
    He went away to finish college in CA. I stayed in IN.
    We drifted apart. He got married and has kids now.
    He was a great love.
    People change & go in different directions. We talk sometimes.
    I miss the person he used to be.
    That's my first love.

I was 19 and very naive. We met in Ft. Collins.

It ended after 6 months. He would have broken it off sooner, but he didnt want to hurt my feelings.

Not a good first experience

But since then I have met the love of my life.
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Comment

I met my first love when I was 16. Dated throughout highschool and college.

Married her in 1998. Happily married ever since.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

When I was 15, I watched my first football game.... Superbowl XXXII....

I fell in love and nothing has been able to pull us apart...

Actually, my first love was someone I met in an internet chat room... we 'dated' online for 6 months, but her parents wouldn't ever let us meet, so we figured it was pointless.

A few years later, we did go out for a few months, but she ended up leaving me for another man. They're very happily married for almost 2 years now.

We recently started writing back and forth again.

Comment

my first love...

Paul McCartney, when I was in 6th grade.
          When I was in High school he married Linda instead. ...............sigh.

Comment

I met him when I was about 16 years old. We went to different high schools, but there was just something about him I couldn't deny. He became my world.

What ended it? Me growing into my own person, he into his. Starting off so young, we weren't the adults that we are today. Our worlds conflicted rather than harmonized. At some point, I went into some counseling and realized I was pretty co-dependant and also realized that wasn't who I wanted to be anymore. He didn't like my independance and I didn't like his feeling of ownership.

So in the end after 13 years, we split. Great friends now, just can't go back to that lifestyle again.
            Last edited by Giveemlove; 04-25-2006, 08:15 AM.
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

--- I was in 6th grade ---

--- Her name was Marilyn ---

--- I was too scared to ever talk to her ---

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                --- I was in 6th grade ---

--- Her name was Marilyn ---

--- I was too scared to ever talk to her ---

---

Haha. That takes me back.
                Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                  When I was 15, I watched my first football game.... Superbowl XXXII....

I fell in love and nothing has been able to pull us apart...

good one! I think we've all been bitten by "that" love bug.
                  Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

My first love is my current girlfriend. We met proper just over a year ago although we'd been chatting before for about 9 months. Anyways, it's pretty complicated but she's the first person I've met in a long time who I could actually talk to straight off without being all shy. Which is really unlike me because I'm kind of scared by some people who I've known over 5 years. But even in the most awkward situation (long story), she always calmed me down. After I asked her out (by phone to avoid any freeze ups etc. ) we didn't see each other for 5 weeks but our love flourished which was an encouraging sign.

We're still together 11 months on and I'm as grateful and as happy as I was those first few days we were going out. We've had difficulties - not between us, but because of other reasons yet we've remained strong and loyal together. And from the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep she's almost constantly in my mind. It sounds all cheesy, but romance is definitely not dead
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
                      So tell me....

Who was your first love?

What did you love about this person?

If it did, why did it end?

I fell in love with a boy when I was 19.
                      He was a drummer like me. He taught me a lot.
                      He made me laugh and he was so very smart.
                      We talked for hours on end. It lasted two and a half years.
                      He went away to finish college in CA. I stayed in IN.
                      We drifted apart. He got married and has kids now.
                      He was a great love.
                      People change & go in different directions. We talk sometimes.
                      I miss the person he used to be.
                      That's my first love.
                      Michelle

She was best friends with my neighbor Misty and used to ride the bus home with her every now and then. We started dating in March of '93 during my sophomore and her freshman year in high school. Broke up about 10-12 times over the years but finally ended it for good in April of '00.

I don't really know what I loved about her. She just made me feel alive when I was with her. That and she had the absolute perfect ass.

But in the end it just wasn't meant to be. After seven years she wanted some time off. I told her we were either done or together so we split. About two months later she wanted to get back together but I knew it was in my best interest to stay away. Neither of us was faithful and we argued all the time. Plus I was with someone better at the time.

She got pregnant about 4 years ago and married the dude shortly after.

Comment

I'm 20 now, and I met the love of my life/first love about two years ago. I had girlfriends before, but I had never been in love, not like this.

I met her during college, and at first we were always at each other's throats, aruging and fighting. I didn't see her after first semester. Fast forward to a year later, we have another class together. We start talking, it turns out she really liked me the year before, but had been seeing someone else. They were broken up..well, one thing led to another, and after a few months, we started dating.

This time was the greatest period of my life. We did everything together, practically spent every waking moment together. We didn't get tired of each other, I always wanted to be with her. We were in love, and I cherished every second of it. I never thought it was going to end. This was the girl that I wanted to marry, and around a month or so ago, I was going to ask her to marry me. She meant that much to me, I wanted her to be a part of my life.

Well, we had gotten in a fight, and didn't talk for about a week. We decided to go out on a saturday, I was going to make it all up to her. Saturday night, without warning, she breaks up with me. She called our relationship a beautiful disaster and that it just wasn't meant to be. She's with someone else now...her ex who threatened to kill himself if she didn't get with him.

So, now she's not mine anymore. I'm moving in june, practically all the way across the country. I don't think we'll ever be together again, but I'll always love her.
                        Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

My first love:

(This is my absolute favorite break-up story, too... has a funny 'punch line' that broke my heart then, but makes me laugh now)

I met him my sophomore year in high school, and had some friends set us up the next year, so that I could go to their Homecoming Dance. We dated for 13 months, and I couldn't really put a finger on what I loved about him, but really thought he was "The One."

The beginning of the end was when he went off to college a year ahead of me... just couldn't handle the distance. Then, his parents thought that we were too serious and he should be "playing the field' (their words, not mine).

He put them off and put them off, and kept telling me that we were fine... We used to joke about getting married, and the whole works...

Then they thought of the best idea ever... They bought him off.

Not kidding, they bought him a Chrysler Sebring convertible. And as we were breaking up, he said to me... straight to my face... "What do you want me to do? They put $10,000 into this car (I think he put in 6 or 7 himself, but they paid the bulk.)

So here it is. My favorite breakup story. I was traded in for a car. At least it was a nice car... not a POS or something.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I met my first love in middle school. We were friends throughout middle and high school, but didn't really hang out much. After I moved away to college she came up with a group of people, because a buddy of ours played for Perdue and they were playing UCF that weekend. Somehow she ended up at my house and we slept together. That grew into something more and she ended up moving to Orlando to go to school.

Once she moved we became exclusive, and I fell in love for the first time. We were together about 3 years when all of a sudden she up and left...wanted more freedom. I let her do pretty much anything she wanted, but that wasn't enough. She'd always been a partier but I guess I was holding her back in some way. Of course after she stomped on my heart she decided she wanted to come back. Oh yeah, also after she'd slept with someone else. I was weak and tried to work things out, but never was fully into it. I was hooking up with other girls at the time and keeping it from her.

In the end I told her it would never work again, and she got to experience the pain I'd been through. To this day she regrets letting me go. I can honestly say I was the best thing to ever happen to her, and she will never find someone like me again. I think she knows that too. I'm not tooting my own horn, but I was very good to her. I was faithful, affectionate, passionate, and gave her 110% at all times.

Now I've been with my true love for a little over a year, and I see why God put me through all that in the past. No pain...no gain
                            My other love...
                            sigpic
                            305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

My girlfriend Lene(norwegian name). Funny, Beautiful, great personality, loving . We have been going out for a year and dont plan on stopping any time soon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X