Price of eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcsodak
    What about the people that only have those stations in their town?
    What about the people that have their 'gas' cards?
    What about the gas stations that don't advertise their distributor? Are 300 million people going to drive around their towns, ask the cashier who their distributor is?
    Most likely, this email will end up in THEIR inbox, and they will inform their cashiers to not speak an utterance, when approached.
    What about the people that have to drive OUT OF THEIR WAY to get gas elsewhere? Isn't that almost redundant?

How's that for a rebuttal?

geesh its not my plan!!!!!!! i guess you just dont gas up at exxon or mobile....and in this day gas stations have to be in contract with a gas supplier like exxon , mobile, gulf........they cant just go and buy gas from anyone who drives by with a gas truck in so they have to advertise the supplier

hey if its an inconvienence dont try

but given the population of the US is about 298 million finding 30million, less then ten percent who can accually find a station the does not sell exxon or mobile is reasonable
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Coincidentally, I just put $10 into my tank today.

I always go between $10-$20; I don't think I've ever gone over $20.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

Comment

http://www.850koa.com/pages/shows_ro...article=401440
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, that strategy wouldn't work. First, you can't make everyone spend $10 on gas, some of them would still buy the same quantity as they usually do. These are called "free riders". I see you use microeconomics in this topic, you have some decent logic, but gas is not the same as your story about eggs. First, eggs are not as essential to us as gas is. We can live without eggs, but it is most likely we can't live without gas.

Second, in your story the producers increase the price of eggs from 76 cents to $1 dollar. But then they increase the price to $2 and obviously no one starts buying. This works in the real world, but the OPEC and oil companies are smart enough not to increase the price of gas at 100% like the story about eggs. They will increase the prices slowly, as long as people are buying. People are still buying, maybe some buy less, but that can be compensated with the increase of price. The companies still maximize profit. Unfortunately, gas is a monopoly, and the companies behave with human nature, just trying to maximize profit like anyone would do if they were in their position

:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_f1
            Unfortunately, that strategy wouldn't work. First, you can't make everyone spend $10 on gas, some of them would still buy the same quantity as they usually do. These are called "free riders". I see you use microeconomics in this topic, you have some decent logic, but gas is not the same as your story about eggs. First, eggs are not as essential to us as gas is. We can live without eggs, but it is most likely we can't live without gas.

Second, in your story the producers increase the price of eggs from 76 cents to $1 dollar. But then they increase the price to $2 and obviously no one starts buying. This works in the real world, but the OPEC and oil companies are smart enough not to increase the price of gas at 100% like the story about eggs. They will increase the prices slowly, as long as people are buying. People are still buying, maybe some buy less, but that can be compensated with the increase of price. The companies still maximize profit. Unfortunately, gas is a monopoly, and the companies behave with human nature, just trying to maximize profit like anyone would do if they were in their position

well i guess were S.O.L

but i tried
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
            X