To workout nuts: need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To workout nuts: need help

Has anyone tried NOX-CG3 (780g) by Xyience? I'm gettting back into lifting, and I'm wondering if this stuff is worth the price to give me an edge. Also, any other advice on building mass would be appreciated.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Ask Barry, seems like he knows a lot about performance enhancing products.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
      Ask Barry, seems like he knows a lot about performance enhancing products.
      I know a guy that can get me some cream and clear, but my head is as big as it needs to be, and I'm not looking to contract a case of bacne anytime soon. Thanks for the thought, though.
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic

Comment

While I haven't used that particular item, I do use xyience. If it's anything like there other products, it's well worth the money. Xyience works great for me, better than anything else I've tried.
        Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Originally posted by David_Carr
          While I haven't used that particular item, I do use xyience. If it's anything like there other products, it's well worth the money. Xyience works great for me, better than anything else I've tried.
          What would you say have been the observable difference between a Xyience product and say, a GNC product? What have you tried?
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic

Comment

Here is what I did:

I used this weightlifting program called BFS (bigger faster stronger) and ate 5 meals a day (two of which were really supposed to be big snacks with something big on protein. Peanut butter is great)

I gained 20 pounds of muscle mass in 2 months! Problem is with this wieght lifting program, you gain a lot of muscle, but you don't get toned. At all. So you look big and feel big, but you kinda look stocky.

Best bet to fix that would be to have a good aerobic workout like running or biking, burning off that top layer of fat.

But yea, peanut butter works wonders! Just dont use it if you are overweight (I dont think this is a problem for you).

I think I'm gonna start working out again too....

Comment

WhoDey, don't do it.

I have tried everything under the sun when it comes to supplements and this stuff is way overblown and expensive.

I use something very similar that is awesome. Its called No-Explode by BSN.

Go to GNC.com, open up a membership, buy the gold card for $10.00 if you don't already have one and you can get No-Explode for about $35.00 online. It goes in stores for anywhere between $55 and $75.

I have done my research when it comes to stuff and this stuff is amazing. Massive pumps, incredible strength gains, and NO SUGAR!!!!

Mix this with Isa-Test and you will get rock hard, strong and fit if you are eating half way decent, maybe lay off a few beers and exercising frequently.

Comment

I hate using stuff like this anyway, a friend of mine was obsessed with this kind of thing and when he stopped working out he had all this excess fat and then was way overweight for his height. But don't let me stop you...

Comment

Or just eat a lot of food and workout a lot.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                  - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                    Or just eat a lot of food and workout a lot.
                    Peanut butter! High on protein!

Comment

just don't go overboard on this stuff!
                      the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

I am NOT a fan of the supplementation industry. They are nothing but a bunch of SCAMMERS. The President of EAS supplement company was quoted as saying I could make a sugar pill, put it in a fancy bottle, promise it will give steroid-like results, and I'll make millions off of it. And the said part is that he is right,, we bodybuilders sooo long for that magical supplement that we're willing to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on it each year for that extra little edge. The biggest problem I have with the supplementation industry is the lack of regulation. Supplements don't fall under FDA guidelines therefore that 28g of protein stated in the Nutritional Facts list of protein powder could be very, very misleading and totally false. Supplement companies can technically put whatever they want too on the back on a box or tub of powder and it's totally legal. So do I trust them ? No. Will I continue to buy Whey protein ? Yes, cause I have no other alternative in the meantime. One thang is for sure, every ounce of steak, chicken, tunafish, egg, or whatever IS exactly what is stated on the box or wrapper of that product cause it's a federal law that the information be stated and correct at all times. So this is why I don't trust or use alot of bull**** supplements. Real whole food is more expensive but it's the real deal. You can't drink 400g of protein powder a day and expect to see sizable gains. You CAN eat 400g of chicken and steak and see sizable gain. That's a fact I've proven to myself as well as others I've helped in the past. You would think 400g of protein is 400g of protein right ? Not the case as supplements can't put that kind of nutrition in your body like whole foods. And that is simple because the nutritional facts of supplements are misleading and in some cases totally false. So stick to more whole foods and you'll make alot better gain in the long run with more money in your pocket too.

By Wedge
                        Last edited by Dry Kill Logic; 05-15-2006, 02:06 PM.
                        The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

Well, I've decided to bump this thread, because I've made a few choices. Just want your opinions, workout nuts.

Here's what I'm currently doing:

Supplements:
                          GNC Mega Men (2/day)
                          GNC CLA (2/day)
                          NO-Explode (3 scoops on workout days, 1 on non-workout days)
                          Amplify whey protein (about 4 scoops/day give or take)

Workout: (I hit all major groups under each category)
                          Chest/Biceps/Shoulders (3 sets, 8 reps or failure)
                          OFF
                          Back/Triceps (3 sets, 8 reps or failure)
                          OFF
                          Legs (4 sets, 12 reps/failure)
                          OFF
                          Abs after every workout
                          Cardio after every workout

Today, I placed an order for Animal Paks and Animal Cuts, which will replace my Mega Men and CLA supplements. I plan to take Animal Pak every day, and Animal Cuts will be cycled 3 weeks on/1 off until I get the desired weight off.

Anyone have any experience with these products? Any suggestions?
                          HEAR ME ROAR!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                            Well, I've decided to bump this thread, because I've made a few choices. Just want your opinions, workout nuts.

Here's what I'm currently doing:

Supplements:
                            GNC Mega Men (2/day)
                            GNC CLA (2/day)
                            NO-Explode (3 scoops on workout days, 1 on non-workout days)
                            Amplify whey protein (about 4 scoops/day give or take)

Workout: (I hit all major groups under each category)
                            Chest/Biceps/Shoulders (3 sets, 8 reps or failure)
                            OFF
                            Back/Triceps (3 sets, 8 reps or failure)
                            OFF
                            Legs (4 sets, 12 reps/failure)
                            OFF
                            Abs after every workout
                            Cardio after every workout

Today, I placed an order for Animal Paks and Animal Cuts, which will replace my Mega Men and CLA supplements. I plan to take Animal Pak every day, and Animal Cuts will be cycled 3 weeks on/1 off until I get the desired weight off.

Anyone have any experience with these products? Any suggestions?

So have you seen any results?

I've used that NO X-Plode stuff and seen some modest results.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                              So have you seen any results?

I've used that NO X-Plode stuff and seen some modest results.
                              I've been back to the gym for about 10 weeks now, and I've noticed measurable increase in strength - I'm almost back to the level of strength in my lower body that I had achieved when I was really a workout nut the first time around. I'm not where I want to be in terms of upper body strength, but I've made some modest gains.

I'm hoping that the Animal Paks will help me to address any deficiencies in my diet (I'm a picky eater) and improve protein synthesis (which Animal Pak claims it can help with).

Will update as I notice things.
                              HEAR ME ROAR!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X