Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To workout nuts: need help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    I've been back to the gym for about 10 weeks now, and I've noticed measurable increase in strength - I'm almost back to the level of strength in my lower body that I had achieved when I was really a workout nut the first time around. I'm not where I want to be in terms of upper body strength, but I've made some modest gains.

    I'm hoping that the Animal Paks will help me to address any deficiencies in my diet (I'm a picky eater) and improve protein synthesis (which Animal Pak claims it can help with).

    Will update as I notice things.


    One thing I would try for upper body strength is Dips and Pull ups.

    They are both compound excercises that require large muscle groups.

    Do three sets of your max with 2 minutes between each set.

    As soon as you can do alot 25 Dips or 12 pullups 3 times, Add a rep.

    Keep adding reps if you can complete 3 sets at the same amount of reps.

    You'll get strong and ripped.

    It's also a hell of a cardio workout.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      One thing I would try for upper body strength is Dips and Pull ups.

      They are both compound excercises that require large muscle groups.

      Do three sets of your max with 2 minutes between each set.

      As soon as you can do alot 25 Dips or 12 pullups 3 times, Add a rep.

      Keep adding reps if you can complete 3 sets at the same amount of reps.

      You'll get strong and ripped.

      It's also a hell of a cardio workout.
      Good advice. How much time do you typically give yourself between sets?
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
        Well, I've decided to bump this thread, because I've made a few choices. Just want your opinions, workout nuts.

        Here's what I'm currently doing:

        Supplements:
        GNC Mega Men (2/day)
        GNC CLA (2/day)
        NO-Explode (3 scoops on workout days, 1 on non-workout days)
        Amplify whey protein (about 4 scoops/day give or take)

        Workout: (I hit all major groups under each category)
        Chest/Biceps/Shoulders (3 sets, 8 reps or failure)
        OFF
        Back/Triceps (3 sets, 8 reps or failure)
        OFF
        Legs (4 sets, 12 reps/failure)
        OFF
        Abs after every workout
        Cardio after every workout

        Today, I placed an order for Animal Paks and Animal Cuts, which will replace my Mega Men and CLA supplements. I plan to take Animal Pak every day, and Animal Cuts will be cycled 3 weeks on/1 off until I get the desired weight off.

        Anyone have any experience with these products? Any suggestions?
        You might wanna change your workout a little bit.

        When you benchpress (chest) you use your triceps too. When you do back excercise (pullups, row, etc) you also incorporate your biceps as well. If you change it, you might find yourself being able to bench a little more with fresh triceps.

        Unless you are purposely doing that so you hit your arms twice.
        You've got to know when to sack em...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
          Good advice. How much time do you typically give yourself between sets?

          I usually do one minute between sets when I'm strength/mass training.


          But for Dips and Pullups, it's so much cardio that I space them out more to 2 minutes so I can full effort into it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by NASurfer
            You might wanna change your workout a little bit.

            When you benchpress (chest) you use your triceps too. When you do back excercise (pullups, row, etc) you also incorporate your biceps as well. If you change it, you might find yourself being able to bench a little more with fresh triceps.

            Unless you are purposely doing that so you hit your arms twice.
            That's precisely why. However, interval training isn't a bad idea.
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by NASurfer
              You might wanna change your workout a little bit.

              When you benchpress (chest) you use your triceps too. When you do back excercise (pullups, row, etc) you also incorporate your biceps as well. If you change it, you might find yourself being able to bench a little more with fresh triceps.

              Unless you are purposely doing that so you hit your arms twice.


              Yeah, I usually do my Chest, Shoulders and Triceps all in the same day.

              But I do the compound excercises first like bench presses and shoulder presses.

              Then do the isolated muscle exercises last.

              That way I can give more effort to the lifts for the compound excerises and get them worn out later with the isolated excerises.

              Comment

              Working...
              X