Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

--- Workers Demand To Watch World Cup !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Workers Demand To Watch World Cup !!!

--- "Germany should grant their workforces the flexibility to down tools and watch soccer matches during their shifts, the head of a major workers' union was quoted as saying.

"Employers should be flexible about working hours in order that their workforces can follow the matches," Frank Bsirske, head of the public services union Verdi, told the Berliner Zeitung newspaper in an article on the paper's Web site."

--- http://today.reuters.com/News/newsAr...Y-WORLDCUP.xml

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- "Germany should grant their workforces the flexibility to down tools and watch soccer matches during their shifts, the head of a major workers' union was quoted as saying.

"Employers should be flexible about working hours in order that their workforces can follow the matches," Frank Bsirske, head of the public services union Verdi, told the Berliner Zeitung newspaper in an article on the paper's Web site."

---

I know Europeans, especially Germans, take the World Cup like we take the Super Bowl times 10!

I would be careful if I was the employers!

Comment

this is a tough one, because we in the UK love it more than perhaps anyone. So I guarentee you that there will be a hell of alot of people calling in sick to work.
      My last job we had a good system, the boss brought in a TV and set it up in the canteen, we all were given 30 minutes, to watch the last part of a game, so 4 or 5 of us would be watching that while the rest worked. And we would rotate throughout the games.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Why the sad-face? You just don't understand how big it is there and every country besides the U.S.

I am not a soccer fan but the World Cup is one of my favorite sporting events simply because of the competition and the atmosphere, which is basically unbeatable.

Comment

TD, I think if the US do as well as last time, it'll be rather popular even in America for a few weeks at least. I'm not a fan of people who demand time off this close to the event, they've known for quite a while now which games were being played and when, if they wanted to watch it so bad they should have booked the time back then. Leaving companies stuck without workers this late is just plain stupid.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Soccer is boring.

I'd much rather go to work.

Comment

---

Are you upset about this?

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                Are you upset about this?
                --- Feeling frisky today NJ ?

--- Some folks do not care for soccer as noted above ---

--- Others are extremely passionate as the thread mentions ---

--- Am I upset ?

--- I fail to see the relevance ---

--- Do you care if I am upset ?

--- I would be upset if my Broncos were playing in the Super Bowl

--- And I had to work ---

Comment

--- I would be upset if my Broncos were playing in the Super Bowl

--- And I had to work ---
                  Upset...yes. But would I expect my boss to let me watch the game when I am being paid to work? No.
                  Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
                    Upset...yes. But would I expect my boss to let me watch the game when I am being paid to work? No.
                    Exactly! It seems strange to me that anyone could think they are entitled to watch TV at their job, rather than work. I feel priviliged that I get to use internet while at work, but I do so in a manner that does not affect my productivity or work performance. Would I be upset if my employer disallowed internet usage at work? Yes...but being upset about not having it and demanding to have it are two different things.

If the employees want to watch soccer at work, then they should be forced to clock out and clock back in when done, then make the time up later.

Comment

I haven't watched soccer in a while, but I am looking forward for the World Cup. It has a lot of meaning in many countries, and yes, it is as big as the Broncos going to the Superbowl, because it only happens every four years.

YOu would also be impressed at the diversity, they have so many different cultures getting together for a common sport. It's meaningful, especially for the Germans who have always had a good team, and now they are hosting the cup

:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
                        --- You must be referring to the millions of global soccer fans, and their fervor for their national pastime ---

--- I said "had to work" ---

--- I am the "boss", yet on many occasions I have had to miss games and holidays because I had to work ---

--- However, I wouldn't "expect" any "boss to let me watch the game when I am being paid to work" as you implied ---

--- I think a "good" boss would make arrangements, like Y2's last boss ---

--- It's up to the discretion of each particular boss and his or her agenda ---

--- I don't work in an office --- I can't just shut off the computer, lock the doors, and go home for the weekend ---

---

Comment

Working...
                        X