Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of "deals" have you came across?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What kind of "deals" have you came across?

    I have an aunt that is always bragging/talking about how she got this for only $$$. No matter what it is she's always talking about how cheap it was. Well I can't wait to talk to her because I came across a pretty good deal...if I don't say so myself.

    I bought a Troy-bilt pushmower last April at Lowes for like $300. In August it wouldn't start. I took it in to get repaired since it was under warranty. Turns out they fixed it and then sold it. That's right, THEY SOLD IT. So they told me to come back and pick up a new one. I decided to get my money back instead. Well I'm telling this story to some guys at work and said I might just buy a riding lawnmower in the Spring. One of them told me they had a riding lawnmower they'd sell me for $50. I figured it was junk, but he said the only thing wrong with it was the battery was dead. So a couple weeks ago I picked it up, bought a new battery, spark plug, and a mowing deck wheel since one was broken. The thing it runs like Gump! All in all I've got about $105 invested in the thing and I cut my grass the other day in about one and a half hours compared to the three it took with that pushmower. Oh, and he's got this metal trailer/wagon thing he's giving me because one came with his other mower.

    So tell me some of the deals you guys/girls have come across.

  • #2
    i get balcony type cabins on cruises sometimes as low as $1. no bull sh**.
    most of the time they are around 299 or $399, but to alaska and europe and other places its a freaking steal.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

    Comment


    • #3
      I bought a raffle ticket for 10.00 and won a Dodge Dart.
      Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        The Mustang!

        Not only did they sell me a $35,000 car for 30 grand, the guy before me had chipped it after all, striped it, had a cold air intake installed, a chrome grill installed, and fancy blue thing over the motor intalled to make it look more showy. About $2,500 worth of goddies they gave him NOTHING for!

        And charged ME nothing for either!

        But probably the best deal I ever came across was my house. Built by a custom builder, he sat on it for a year. He wanted a certain price, and I lowballed him by $50,000, AND asked him to finish the basement, install AC, and pave a concrete deck for my hot tub.

        He was about ready to move in, and he was so desperate to sell, he took the offer.

        Football cards on e-bay! I STEAL them there! I am the guy who waits until the last seconds on cards way undervalued, and come in and take em for nothing. I've gotten many cards that book for 30 or 40 bucks for less than 5 bucks!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JWinn

          Football cards on e-bay! I STEAL them there! I am the guy who waits until the last seconds on cards way undervalued, and come in and take em for nothing. I've gotten many cards that book for 30 or 40 bucks for less than 5 bucks!
          yeah i've gotten a few cards really cheap on ebay to.
          the space that is mine



          We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tpryce93
            yeah i've gotten a few cards really cheap on ebay to.
            It's the only way to buy Bronco singles! The local card shops all want 100% of book value, if not more! And the selcetion on e-bay is like walking into a thousand card shops in one store. Better selection than even the NFL Experience!

            Comment


            • #7
              My car; worth around $8k, got it for around $3k.

              It's all about having connections.


              "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
              - Carl Sagan

              Comment


              • #8
                A few years ago when my son was younger we were at the place where we use to store our RV...the couple that owned the place was pretty old.The lady fixed up these kids grab bags for $1.00......the bags were dusty and looked like they had been in this basket for years...

                My son wanted one and at first I told him no...I figured it was just something he didnt need but then I figured its only a dollar so he got one...

                He didnt open it up til we left and was driving away.Inside was a old box of Topps baseball cards.One of the cards was a rookie card of Mark McGwire. I guess that was worth a buck...
                Last edited by KCLadyFan; 05-23-2006, 04:52 PM.
                Tony G


                The Chefs

                Comment


                • #9
                  My car was worth about 33k i'd say...got it for 27.5

                  More recently, I got a Razr cell phone for 3 dollars!

                  "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                    My car was worth about 33k i'd say...got it for 27.5

                    More recently, I got a Razr cell phone for 3 dollars!
                    I bought a Razr for $200 with a $100 rebate. I sent it in about a week before the dedline and got what I thought was the rebate check in the mail. I didn't open it for a week until I walked into the bank. Turns out I filled out the damn thing wrong and they had to get it back that day or else I didn't get the rebate.

                    Got screwed on that.

                    Talk about going off topic. That was the exact opposite of what this thread is about.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by In-com-plete
                      I bought a Razr for $200 with a $100 rebate. I sent it in about a week before the dedline and got what I thought was the rebate check in the mail. I didn't open it for a week until I walked into the bank. Turns out I filled out the damn thing wrong and they had to get it back that day or else I didn't get the rebate.

                      Got screwed on that.

                      Talk about going off topic. That was the exact opposite of what this thread is about.
                      Yea, the razr was on sale for 250 plus tax when i bought it, but i had just ended a 2-year contract, so they gave me a 100 dollar credit..in addition, another 100 dollar credit when i signed up for a new 2-year contract, and then a 50 dollar rebate.

                      "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My first motorcycle.

                        Honda CB650. It leaked oil pretty good (someone put the engine back together without a torque wrench ) and my friend couldent fix it so he just wanted to get rid of it and be done with it. I got it for $300 plus a free helmet. A little blue RTV silicone and the oil leaking problem was fixed, set me back like $4. I rode that thing around for 2 years probably got like 10,000 miles on it (dident have a car for a long time).
                        You've got to know when to sack em...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by In-com-plete
                          I have an aunt that is always bragging/talking about how she got this for only $$$. No matter what it is she's always talking about how cheap it was. Well I can't wait to talk to her because I came across a pretty good deal...if I don't say so myself.

                          I bought a Troy-bilt pushmower last April at Lowes for like $300. In August it wouldn't start. I took it in to get repaired since it was under warranty. Turns out they fixed it and then sold it. That's right, THEY SOLD IT. So they told me to come back and pick up a new one. I decided to get my money back instead. Well I'm telling this story to some guys at work and said I might just buy a riding lawnmower in the Spring. One of them told me they had a riding lawnmower they'd sell me for $50. I figured it was junk, but he said the only thing wrong with it was the battery was dead. So a couple weeks ago I picked it up, bought a new battery, spark plug, and a mowing deck wheel since one was broken. The thing it runs like Gump! All in all I've got about $105 invested in the thing and I cut my grass the other day in about one and a half hours compared to the three it took with that pushmower. Oh, and he's got this metal trailer/wagon thing he's giving me because one came with his other mower.

                          So tell me some of the deals you guys/girls have come across.
                          WOW! YOU'VE GOT A BIG BACKYARD! I mean your lawn pervert!

                          My little postage stamp of a yard living in the city takes me about 20 mins to mow.

                          Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

                          Code Of Conduct
                          ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Came across a set of authentic U.S. Calvary saddlebags. got them for free. Does that count?
                            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                            Adopted player Lindsey

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i just bought Today as a mater of fact a 2000 KX 250 .. for 400 bucks..i figured when the guy told me aobut it i would have to replace the plastic and maybe have to redo the motor..well turns out it is in mint condition.. i also called to make sur eit wasnt stolen and was happy when everything checked out
                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                              While he sits by his hearth at home.
                              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                              That he knows nothing at all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X