Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BANJOPICKER1
    replied
    Love is love and age or color or background dont mean nothing..If they both have feelings for eachother then they wont much care what people think anyway,I say GO FOR IT!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
    replied
    well, IMO..... if they are happy with it then thats fine

I WOULDNT date ppl who was INSANELY older then me or w/e

if its a 7 year gap or less older then me i prolly would date the person or w/e

but IDK lol

Leave a comment:

• diesel51
    replied
    Interesting topic.....

As a guy, I wouldn't want to marry someone too much older than myself... two or three years.

But in the same respect, I don't want to marry a gal too much younger than me either; again, two or three years.

I think it depends on each person's maturity level.

But, honestly, if they are old enough to be your parent, that's too old(18+).

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by redbirdy80
    Med...

look back at post #20... there are more details. He's 40, but has a son the same age as her son...
    sounds great Red and as long as they click together it is

Leave a comment:

• redbirdy80
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon
    I'm just saying that the reaction on broncomania isn't necessarily a great barometer for how the people around her will act, especially in their initial reactions.

I say she should go for it any way if she's comfortable with it. Just expect a little harsher reaction from those close to her.
    I am sure that her closest family and friends WILL be a little bit harsher, but I know them pretty well, and they're pretty cool people, for the most part. If the relationship gets off the ground, they'll be able to see how happy she is, and I think they'll probalby be cool with it in the end, because what they really want for her is happiness... Once they see that he can bring that to her as easily as some young strapping 25 year old stud, they'll come around... (My guess, anyways)

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by LDB
    My sister in law (30) started dating a guy that is nearing 50. They click and are hilarious together. The guy is great and treats her well. I have seen her struggle with immature jerks that she dated who wer her age or younger. I guess that is why age difference doesn't matter too much to me.

It's all about being with a person that makes you happy. And if someone makes you happy then a good friend will be happy for you regardless of their personal opinion of the situation.
    Oh... I'm all for it... I'm happy for your sister in law.

I'm just saying that the reaction on broncomania isn't necessarily a great barometer for how the people around her will act, especially in their initial reactions.

I say she should go for it any way if she's comfortable with it. Just expect a little harsher reaction from those close to her.

Leave a comment:

• redbirdy80
    replied
    Med...

look back at post #20... there are more details. He's 40, but has a son the same age as her son...

Leave a comment:

• LDB
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon
    To be fair.... it's much easier to think it's cool when you ARE a bunch of strangers. It's an ideological thing. Some of the people close to her will likely see it that way... at least initially. I do think everyone can get past it... and if not... that's their problem... but I do think that it's important to note if she was worried what everyone thinks.
    My sister in law (30) started dating a guy that is nearing 50. They click and are hilarious together. The guy is great and treats her well. I have seen her struggle with immature jerks that she dated who wer her age or younger. I guess that is why age difference doesn't matter too much to me.

It's all about being with a person that makes you happy. And if someone makes you happy then a good friend will be happy for you regardless of their personal opinion of the situation.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Thanks everyone!

I showed her what you all had to say... and I think she's going to go for it. She really likes him, and is pretty sure he likes her back, and that's all that really matters in the long run. When they're together, the difference doesn't really show... they have a great time, conversation is smooth, and they are very comfortable together.

I think she was just worried that everyone would see it as some sick, twisted thing... but after this thread, full of a bunch of strangers who think it's cool, I don't think she's gonna worry anymore...

To be fair.... it's much easier to think it's cool when you ARE a bunch of strangers. It's an ideological thing. Some of the people close to her will likely see it that way... at least initially. I do think everyone can get past it... and if not... that's their problem... but I do think that it's important to note if she was worried what everyone thinks.

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Thanks everyone!

I showed her what you all had to say... and I think she's going to go for it. She really likes him, and is pretty sure he likes her back, and that's all that really matters in the long run. When they're together, the difference doesn't really show... they have a great time, conversation is smooth, and they are very comfortable together.

I think she was just worried that everyone would see it as some sick, twisted thing... but after this thread, full of a bunch of strangers who think it's cool, I don't think she's gonna worry anymore...

Now that you are going to tell her what is his age Just curious

Leave a comment:

• redbirdy80
    replied
    Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    aside from the perverted stuff...with minors

id say love has niether boundries of age nor beauty

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    Originally posted by 16milehigh87
    I am 34 and my wife is 54. I think you might guess what my opinion is.
    Wow, dude. That's...

...INCREDIBLE!

To me, age is just a number. I have found that I don't mind dating women that some people would say are "significantly" older than me. I went out with a woman who was nearly 20 years my elder when I was 23. I enjoyed it. Let's just say there's definitely something to be said for experience.

That being said, the reason that it didn't work is because there wasn't a whole lot in common between us, after we got past the initial attraction. We didn't share very many interests... so in the long run, I see myself ending up with a girl closer to my age. It's fun for a while though.

On the other hand, I tend to avoid women that are much younger than me. I'm 27, and unless she and I were like soulmates love at first sight whatever... I'd feel dirty dating a girl that just turned 21. Call me weird.

Leave a comment:

• 16milehigh87
    replied
    I am 34 and my wife is 54. I think you might guess what my opinion is.

Leave a comment:

• MoFo_JoRo
    replied
    My opinion, not that it is much of one is that if she is an adult and they are both okay with it: Go for it. I mean itd be different if say she was 16-17 and he was an adult, becuase then she wouldnt even be considered an adult yet, but my take on it is that once you reach say 20, anythin is alright if YOU and that person are cool wit it, everyone else doesnt really matter do they? Its not much different than say a white person an a black person were together, if they are cool wit it who cares what others think. (I am not trying to make a big deal out of the latter, I honestly feel it is up to the people in the relationship)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X