Cutting back on my drinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting back on my drinking.

I'm writing this thread for all to see here in case I go back on what I am trying to do. I'm trying to cut back on my drinking, but I am not having very much luck. I have been drinking constantly while off work for a couple of weeks now. I don't know why it is I've been drinking so much. Normally, I only do this type of thing on the weekends. It's not interrupting my job or my personal relationships (that I can see). Then again, I could be in denial. I've made the decision that I'm drinking too much and I'm only going to drink on the weekends.

This does not count when it's poker night....
    Or Monday night football....
    Or when there is another sporting event I must watch...
    Or a concert...

Okay...other than that...I do not need to be drinking.
    I've told all my friends & family this. So I wanted to post it here as well since I seem to spent an odd amount of time here.

Good times......

the first step to improving one self is to addmit u have a problem... so good on ya...
    and good luck...
    btw.. the time u said u "could" drink apart from wkends... well... i dont see why not... they all seem like reasonable times to drink.. but as a suggestion... whenever u r about to drink... do try and set a limit for urself while u r sober, upright and have ur pants on... it makes it easier to keep away from the porcelain god...
    good luck getting a job... and just think of the money u can save... ?!!??
    try putting away the same ammount of money that u would have spent on any given day on the drink... and soon u will realise that u have a lot of it.. and buy urself something nice... maybe some new drapes... do u like drapes? i mean i dont care for drapes myself... but some ppl do... and u never know.. it could be u...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
      the first step to improving one self is to addmit u have a problem... so good on ya...
      and good luck...
      btw.. the time u said u "could" drink apart from wkends... well... i dont see why not... they all seem like reasonable times to drink.. but as a suggestion... whenever u r about to drink... do try and set a limit for urself while u r sober, upright and have ur pants on... it makes it easier to keep away from the porcelain god...
      good luck getting a job... and just think of the money u can save... ?!!??
      try putting away the same ammount of money that u would have spent on any given day on the drink... and soon u will realise that u have a lot of it.. and buy urself something nice... maybe some new drapes... do u like drapes? i mean i dont care for drapes myself... but some ppl do... and u never know.. it could be u...

I work....I make money. That's all good.
      My pants are always on...well except for the times when one does not wear pants. I prefer not to wear pants if I cannot help it anyways, for I hate clothing.

And to answer the most important question...yes, my friend...I love drapes.
      I find that they make good pants when there are none available to me.

I like to dance about my apartment frantically while wearing my drapes.
      I do this on laundry day mostly.

I try not to do this during family functions, but alas...those drapes are always calling out to me.

Sorry, I jacked my own damn thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
        My pants are always on...well except for the times when one does not wear pants. I prefer not to wear pants if I cannot help it anyways, for I hate clothing.

I try not to do this during family functions, but alas...those drapes are always calling out to me.

Ok... serious for a moment (maybe even two)

Good for you, Jewels... even if it ISN'T really a problem, it's not a bad idea to cut back... Maybe prevent it from becoming a problem. I'd think about maybe doing the same... but the board may go into shock.

Yeah.... that's about it. And stay away from my drapes.

<--------(ok... maybe that was innapropriate)

Comment

Hey,your still young,I say party while you can as it all ends later in life..
          sigpic

Comment

Good luck! I cut back seriously on my drinking about a year ago. After returning from deployment and dealing with a divorce while gone I started hitting the bottle WAY too heavy.

Glad to see you've made the choice to put it down. I still drink here and there probably one or two nights a week, even then it's only a few.

Far cry from a bottle of Jack Daniels nightly. I wish you the best of luck and let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
            ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

I'm writing this thread for all to see here in case I go back on what I am trying to do. I'm trying to cut back on my drinking, but I am not having very much luck. I have been drinking constantly while off work for a couple of weeks now. I don't know why it is I've been drinking so much. Normally, I only do this type of thing on the weekends. It's not interrupting my job or my personal relationships (that I can see). Then again, I could be in denial. I've made the decision that I'm drinking too much and I'm only going to drink on the weekends.

This does not count when it's poker night....
              Or Monday night football....
              Or when there is another sporting event I must watch...
              Or a concert...

Okay...other than that...I do not need to be drinking.
              I've told all my friends & family this. So I wanted to post it here as well since I seem to spent an odd amount of time here.

Good times......
              Good luck Jewels with this.

It has been so long since I have been drunk (1996 I believe) that I forgot how it feels.
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

OMG... we r soooo alike... i hate clothes!!! so i find myself naked alot... some ppl find it weird... but i like to think that deep down... they know they like it....

and how old r u? cos unless u r over 25... there really is no such thing as drinking too much... well thats how i justify my drinking habbits... then again.. im a thurs, fri and sat night guy only... every week!!! but here in the land of oz... we have laws for young and good looking ppl such as i... to have absolutely no alcohol while driving... up till one is 21 or 22...
                btw.. what is ur fave colour.. i mean... color?(transalted just for u... cos u r like... sooooo american...)
                and whats with ppl and having a laundry day? is that like a ritual? do u play weird music, cover urself in ground red rock powder and prance around the rainbow camp fire?

now there is a jacking!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
                  OMG... we r soooo alike... i hate clothes!!! so i find myself naked alot... some ppl find it weird... but i like to think that deep down... they know they like it....

and how old r u? cos unless u r over 25... there really is no such thing as drinking too much... well thats how i justify my drinking habbits... then again.. im a thurs, fri and sat night guy only... every week!!! but here in the land of oz... we have laws for young and good looking ppl such as i... to have absolutely no alcohol while driving... up till one is 21 or 22...
                  btw.. what is ur fave colour.. i mean... color?(transalted just for u... cos u r like... sooooo american...)
                  and whats with ppl and having a laundry day? is that like a ritual? do u play weird music, cover urself in ground red rock powder and prance around the rainbow camp fire?

now there is a jacking!

I am 27...As for my favorite colour? My inner retard says clear...but I digress.
                  Laundry day for me usually consists of rubbing curry all over my breasts while speaking in tongues....and f course I am prancing about the rainbow camp fire, thank you very much.

For I am a fan of curry. I bet you didn't know that now did you?

May the jacking continue...

Comment

Shrug.

I don't drinkas much as I did when I was younger because I have no time to, and it affects me more as I get older.

It is a natural rthing

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

I am 27...As for my favorite colour? My inner retard says clear...but I digress.
                      Laundry day for me usually consists of rubbing curry all over my breasts while speaking in tongues....and f course I am prancing about the rainbow camp fire, thank you very much.

For I am a fan of curry. I bet you didn't know that now did you?

May the jacking continue...
                      How's the weather there now?

Did you know I'm usually very good with numbers?

Yet somehow I had it stuck in my head that you were 28.

My brain's falling apart for lack of use, I think. Dang.

Comment

I like eating banana-splits while the sun settles.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                        - Carl Sagan

Comment

I have a problem too.

I'm not drinking enough!
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                            I have a problem too.

I'm not drinking enough!
                            If the Browns were my team I would be too.

Just kidding Dawgfan.

My fav hockey team is the Canes and the last year before hockey and the year before that they were like watching paint dry.

I think your Browns will improve under the influence of the great Romeo Crennell and W McGinnest will help the D.

Yes I did hijack your thread Jewels sorry
                            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

I am just trying figure out if you are serious or not.

Let me know.
                              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Working...
                              X