My 72 hour pledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 72 hour pledge

My school gets out this friday. One of my friends gave me the brilliant idea of staying up for 72 consecutive hours. I woke up at 6AM wednesday and am not going t osleep until 6AM saturday morning. 72 hours. Why am I doing this? To test the limits. To push my body to the edge and see how far I can go. Plus, after about 40 hours i start seeing things. Legal and safe high. hahaha.

So does anyone want to join me?

And another thing that makes this even better. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are the days for final exams!
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Good luck, but I think it's a stupid thing to do.

You'll just be uncomfortable after the first 24 hours and then the rest of the time will just suck.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
      My school gets out this friday. One of my friends gave me the brilliant idea of staying up for 72 consecutive hours. I woke up at 6AM wednesday and am not going t osleep until 6AM saturday morning. 72 hours. Why am I doing this? To test the limits. To push my body to the edge and see how far I can go. Plus, after about 40 hours i start seeing things. Legal and safe high. hahaha.

So does anyone want to join me?

And another thing that makes this even better. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are the days for final exams!
      I hope you realize that prolonged lack of sleep can cause permanent damage to you.

Here are some:
      http://www.sleep-deprivation.com/html/effects.php3

I know the mood swings ca be permanent. Some guy I believe in a radio station in England got no sleep for a week or somethin for a marathon. His personality changed and he ended up getting divorced.

Now, 3 days might not be this severe, but sleep is just as important as eating. I would suggest not doing it.

Comment

no...
        no....
        thanks for the offer but i dont think ill join u... cos i have work and university to go to...
        but ive done 56 hours with a mate of mine.. and it was not cool... not cool at all... but its a great story to tell and it is... well what it is... an experience...
        so while u r young... go ahead and do it... just make sure u sleep for like 24 hrs straight after its over... i know it helped me...

and from experinece... the first like 36 hrs are fine... cos i do that oftenish... on wkends and drinking and all that stuff... but at like 48.. it gets crap... my mate and i started drinking straight cordial (cordial is a pre mix liquid for sweet drinks.. like about 30000% sugar per mL of water....) and it was red... and that kept us awake durig the night... but rememebr.. kepp talking and moving... cos once u sit down.. u will fall asleep....

sigpic

Comment

If you were raising money for charity doing this then I'd say good luck.

Otherwise as someone who knows very well the value of health and would do anything to recover it - I say - stupid!

Comment

It would be so much more comical if you were on LSD.....

But I don't encourage it.

Comment

Back when I was working overnights, my sleep habits were horrible... at least once a week, I was awake 24 hrs plus... and I can think of at least once I was up 72 hours. I never started seeing things or noticed any ill effects other than being really tired.

I don't think I'll do it again though... best of luck to you. :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
                It would be so much more comical if you were on LSD.....

But I don't encourage it.
                what the hell is wrong with u!??!?!

why r u suggesting lsd to a kid... dude....

THAT IS NOT ON...

ps. dont do drugs... cos drugs r bad...

pps. dont smoke crack!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
                  what the hell is wrong with u!??!?!

why r u suggesting lsd to a kid... dude....

THAT IS NOT ON...

ps. dont do drugs... cos drugs r bad...

pps. dont smoke crack!

Noted....

Alright then.

It's decided...I am checking into the Betty Ford clinic TODAY.

Comment

Working...
                  X