No announcement yet.

What's the deal with dress codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In clubs and bars, some have dress codes to prevent problems. There are several articles of clothing that night clubs in Cincinnati have banned because:

A. They are indicitive of gang membership. Doo-rags, hats, sports jerseys, etc.
    B. They can be used to conceal weapons. Hoodies, baggy pants

I'm not saying that it's what I would do if I were a club owner (although I would give thought to a dress code), but I actually asked a bouncer at one of the better clubs downtown about this one night and that was his response.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
      In clubs and bars, some have dress codes to prevent problems. There are several articles of clothing that night clubs in Cincinnati have banned because:

A. They are indicative of gang membership. Doo-rags, hats, sports jerseys, etc.
      B. They can be used to conceal weapons. Hoodies, baggy pants

I'm not saying that it's what I would do if I were a club owner (although I would give thought to a dress code), but I actually asked a bouncer at one of the better clubs downtown about this one night and that was his response.
      An excellent reason for a dress code.
      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

My part-time job at a golf course not only requires collared-shirts for the workers, but also the golfers. I thought that was kinda ridiculous, but yeah. Someday I wanna show up with a tank-top/wife-beater with a little snap-on collar on it.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
        - Carl Sagan

Comment

My opinion is its all political.
          Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
            Why in the world do some places have dress codes? No T-shirts! No hats! No gym shoes! No shorts! It's all bs. Nothing pisses me off more than going somewhere and someone telling me I have to take my hat off or I can't get in with a T-shirt on. Most of the time I just don't go out when someone invites me to go out and the place has these "rules". Especially the no gym shoes thing. I don't want to even go to a place like that.

I'm going to D.C. tomorrow to watch the Dodgers/Nats game and afterward some friends and I are going out. This bar we're going to has a no hat policy. Well we're going to a damn baseball game before and who doesn't wear a hat to a baseball game? And it's not like this is a classy place. They're having a power hour that night for christs sake.

Any opinions on the dress codes? On all these rules?

Some of the reasons for this is Gangs. i think a bar has a right to allow who ever when ever they want its there place let them set the rules..i know i have rules when i have people over to my house.. SUCH AS NO SHOES ON IN THE HOUSE!!
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

That's a good post E. And it's kinda where I wanted this thread to go. I think I know why some of these places have dress codes. They want to keep certain types of people out. It's like discrimination without discrimination. Does that make sense?
              no sir they do not want to keep certain persons out they want to make it easier for security to do there jobs.. and not cause tensions amongst other customers..if these people what they are allowed to wear there is NO PROBLEM

Comment

Originally posted by AZOmae
                It totally does. I asked why I couldn't wear a hat once, and it was because of 'gang affiliation.' A couple of times I've been let in, just because the door guys knew me. But I agree that they're trying to discriminate, without discrimination. Keeping "seedy" characters out.
                Wrong if they were trying to keep these peoples out they would just not allow them in at all .. you dont know how many fights i see over people clothes..i have to ride the bus hom on fridays from work and i always get a laugh when the G' s start hasseling people over clothes

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                  Wrong if they were trying to keep these peoples out they would just not allow them in at all .. you dont know how many fights i see over people clothes..i have to ride the bus hom on fridays from work and i always get a laugh when the G' s start hasseling people over clothes
                  Ha ha, just not allow them in......good one.
                  The last group of thugs that I saw get turned away from the club shot at the doorguy that sent them a packin (and it was the DEADBEAT club? WTF?). The dress code protects the door guys from discriminating against these guys. If a doorman sends someone away without some kind of written backing, the club is ASKING for a lawsuit, or bullet holes (whichever comes first). If there is a written dress code, he can point up to it, and say, "sorry, those are the rules." Even then, he still might get shot at.
                  sigpic
                  HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Originally posted by AZOmae
                    Ha ha, just not allow them in......good one.
                    The last group of thugs that I saw get turned away from the club shot at the doorguy that sent them a packin (and it was the DEADBEAT club? WTF?). The dress code protects the door guys from discriminating against these guys. If a doorman sends someone away without some kind of written backing, the club is ASKING for a lawsuit, or bullet holes (whichever comes first). If there is a written dress code, he can point up to it, and say, "sorry, those are the rules." Even then, he still might get shot at.
                    in the words of AF .. Shoot Back!

Comment

in the words of AF .. Shoot Back!

EXACTLY!
                      sigpic

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

no sir they do not want to keep certain persons out they want to make it easier for security to do there jobs.. and not cause tensions amongst other customers..if these people what they are allowed to wear there is NO PROBLEM
                        How does me not being allowed to wear a hat make it easier for security to do their job? How does "no gym shoes" make it easier for security to do their job?

Dress codes are aimed to bring in a certain type of person and keep out a certain type of person. If they want the prepy type they have an across the board dress code (no hats, gym shoes, t-shirts). If they want a little mix, they'll just enforce one or two of those.

Comment

Why in the world do some places have dress codes? No T-shirts! No hats! No gym shoes! No shorts! It's all bs. Nothing pisses me off more than going somewhere and someone telling me I have to take my hat off or I can't get in with a T-shirt on. Most of the time I just don't go out when someone invites me to go out and the place has these "rules". Especially the no gym shoes thing. I don't want to even go to a place like that.

I'm going to D.C. tomorrow to watch the Dodgers/Nats game and afterward some friends and I are going out. This bar we're going to has a no hat policy. Well we're going to a damn baseball game before and who doesn't wear a hat to a baseball game? And it's not like this is a classy place. They're having a power hour that night for christs sake.

Any opinions on the dress codes? On all these rules?

I hate dress codes too-- Especially pertaining to hats... Why can't I wear my hat during the meal? It's not like it's a giant cowboy hat that's getting in the way... On my birthday I made a point of wearing my hat and flip-flops to the fairly classy steak house we went to just because I figured they wouldn't kick me out on my birthday ...

If it were up to me I'd wear my jeans, t-shirt and a backwards baseball cap everywhere I went.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                            I hate dress codes too-- Especially pertaining to hats... Why can't I wear my hat during the meal? It's not like it's a giant cowboy hat that's getting in the way... On my birthday I made a point of wearing my hat and flip-flops to the fairly classy steak house we went to just because I figured they wouldn't kick me out on my birthday ...

If it were up to me I'd wear my jeans, t-shirt and a backwards baseball cap everywhere I went.

If it were up to you, can I wear the same thing? I'd vote for you if you ever run for anything!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X