X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davii
    replied
    Originally posted by KCLadyFan
    LOL...I will be sure to put the word in.....
    Good stuff, anything to get away from MRE's and KBR food.

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Davii
    Letters are great. But PLEASE send some more home made chocolate chip cookies!

Cookies on deployment are great.

LOL...I will be sure to put the word in.....

Leave a comment:

• Davii
    replied
    Originally posted by KCLadyFan
    Great Story that brings tears to my eyes....

the soliders appreciate things like this...

the past 2 winters my daughter has bought stuff and has worked with a group headed by a lady who has a son in Iraq....making goody bags for the men and women serving over there....I am proud of her for doing this...

sorry to get off subject.....thanks for the story..I have my dads purple heart...
    Letters are great. But PLEASE send some more home made chocolate chip cookies!

Cookies on deployment are great.

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    Great Story that brings tears to my eyes....

the soliders appreciate things like this...

the past 2 winters my daughter has bought stuff and has worked with a group headed by a lady who has a son in Iraq....making goody bags for the men and women serving over there....I am proud of her for doing this...

sorry to get off subject.....thanks for the story..I have my dads purple heart...

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied
    What a great story!! The letters back from the soldiers mean just as much to the kids. My daughters class is pen pals with a unit in the Army, and they get so excited when they get letters back.

When this soldier could have kept this medal for his children to cherish, he gave it to a stranger. Heart warming!

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    People get angry at other people so easily, and when you look back, you feel stupid. IT's moments like this that remind you that there's no need to have so much anger.

What a touching story, thanks B4.

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Thats a great story, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for posting something meaningful during this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco16
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/newt...ewthread&f=17#

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (May 27) - A soldier said he gave his Purple Heart to a 13-year-old student who won a contest for writing letters to American troops out of gratitude.

"It's important what these children do for us in sending these letters," Staff Sgt. Phillip Trackey said after giving away the medal he received for injuries in Iraq. "The letters mean so much to us. So I thought this was a big way of giving something back to them."

Trackey and a group of fellow Fort Drum soldiers attended a ceremony Thursday at West Genesee Middle School in honor of seventh-grader Fatima Faisal, who was a regional winner in the Letters to the Front contest sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post.

After Faisal received her prizes, Trackey stood and held up his Purple Heart for everyone to see. Then, he pinned it on the girl's blouse.

Fatima said she didn't know what to say or do.

"I'm touched. I'm speechless," Fatima said. "This is the sweetest thing ever."

Memorial Day 2006

APMore Coverage:
    · Memorial Day Travel to Rise

Honor the Soldiers:
    · Top 11 Poems
    · Photos of Americans at War

Talk About It: Post Thoughts

Her letter was chosen the best out of more than 300 letters written in the age 12-18 category in the central New York region.

Faisal wrote, "I give you great respect because you had a choice to join the military and because of your bravery and courage you decided to join."

She won a T-shirt, a certificate and a $50 savings bond.

But the Purple Heart was the top prize, Faisal said, adding she hoped to mount it in a frame to hang in her room.

"When he gave it to her, I was getting chills," said Nadia Faisal, Fatima's mother. "I told her 'Oh my gosh, Fatima. You should treasure it forever."'

Trackey, of Glens Falls, said he received the medal for shoulder and head wounds he suffered when a bomb went off near him in Baghdad in January 2005. Trackey said his Purple Heart was just collecting dust at home.
    Great story B4Bronco16

CP when I can
    Last edited by Southstander; 05-28-2006, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Summerz
    I saw that , that was so sweet of him to do!
    It sure was.

"The letters mean so much to us. So I thought this was a big way of giving something back to them."

Letters not only around this time of the year, but anytime must be important to the men.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    I saw that , that was so sweet of him to do!

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    started a topic Soldier Gives His Purple Heart to Teen

Soldier Gives His Purple Heart to Teen

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/newt...ewthread&f=17#

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (May 27) - A soldier said he gave his Purple Heart to a 13-year-old student who won a contest for writing letters to American troops out of gratitude.

"It's important what these children do for us in sending these letters," Staff Sgt. Phillip Trackey said after giving away the medal he received for injuries in Iraq. "The letters mean so much to us. So I thought this was a big way of giving something back to them."

Trackey and a group of fellow Fort Drum soldiers attended a ceremony Thursday at West Genesee Middle School in honor of seventh-grader Fatima Faisal, who was a regional winner in the Letters to the Front contest sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post.

After Faisal received her prizes, Trackey stood and held up his Purple Heart for everyone to see. Then, he pinned it on the girl's blouse.

Fatima said she didn't know what to say or do.

"I'm touched. I'm speechless," Fatima said. "This is the sweetest thing ever."

Memorial Day 2006

APMore Coverage:
    · Memorial Day Travel to Rise

Honor the Soldiers:
    · Top 11 Poems
    · Photos of Americans at War

Talk About It: Post Thoughts

Her letter was chosen the best out of more than 300 letters written in the age 12-18 category in the central New York region.

Faisal wrote, "I give you great respect because you had a choice to join the military and because of your bravery and courage you decided to join."

She won a T-shirt, a certificate and a $50 savings bond.

But the Purple Heart was the top prize, Faisal said, adding she hoped to mount it in a frame to hang in her room.

"When he gave it to her, I was getting chills," said Nadia Faisal, Fatima's mother. "I told her 'Oh my gosh, Fatima. You should treasure it forever."'

Trackey, of Glens Falls, said he received the medal for shoulder and head wounds he suffered when a bomb went off near him in Baghdad in January 2005. Trackey said his Purple Heart was just collecting dust at home.
Working...
X