• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Work, Work, Work ---

--- Now everyone's back to work after a long weekend ---

--- Some times it seems like we're living to work,

--- Instead of working for a living ---

--- Does anyone remember their very first job ?

--- What about all of you students out there ?

--- Are you planning on getting a summer job ?

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

My first real job (not working with my father) was loading trucks for National Beef, a packing house in SW Kansas.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
      --- Now everyone's back to work after a long weekend ---

--- Some times it seems like we're living to work,

--- Instead of working for a living ---

--- Does anyone remember their very first job ?

--- What about all of you students out there ?

--- Are you planning on getting a summer job ?

---

This it too weird. I was going to start a similar thread this evening as well.

My first job was as a waitress during the summer holidays. I wasn't very good at it to be honest. I did that for a couple of years and then got a job in a factory that made victorian nightdresses as a packer. The best part of that was when I got to make deliveries to Manchester airport. I spent one Summer working as a cook in a Christian centre for kids too before going on to my first proper job as a teacher of humanities. I've since done some work in the social work sector as well as translating books from English to Welsh. Currently I'm not in paid work but have a couple of voluntary positions as Christian Aid coordinator for my area and as an agent for a fairtrade company.

Comment

I didn't work until I was 21. Was in college, and summer vacation was starting. Looked to supplement my monthly 'spending money' that I got from my parents (I was in those, "stay in school=we'll pay for everything" families.....Yeah, it was nice). My job interview went like this:

Manager: "So, what makes you think you can be a bartender?"
        Me: "I drink alot, and know what kind of drinks people like."
        Manager: "Uh.....ok....Well, it doesn't look good, because there's other people with experience that we're interviewing."
        Me: "Cool."

So, I go on vacation for a week. Get back, 5 messages from the manager. I call him back and started the next day. (I later asked him about the interview, and he said that my attitude was the kind of attitude they were looking for in a bartender? I still don't know what he was talking about).
        sigpic
        HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

My first job was working as a dishwasher at the summer camp I went to the previous ten years.

It was really cool going from camper to staff.

Comment

My parents wouldn't allow me to work while I was in school. Always said that books were more important then. My first job was at a Colorado Nat'l as a bank teller. Always loved that job....there was a large elderly community in the neighborhood, and getting to know them was fun!
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
              My parents wouldn't allow me to work while I was in school. Always said that books were more important then. My first job was at a Colorado Nat'l as a bank teller. Always loved that job....there was a large elderly community in the neighborhood, and getting to know them was fun!
              You had awesome parents.
              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Im a student and I am DEFINATELY working this summer, or else!

My first job was at GameStop because my mom knew the manager. I hated that job, but it was a job.

Then for the past, about 2 years, I have been working at Quiznos. I get paid crap. and I need more hours.

Tomorrow I'm going to talk to my boss and then I'm going to search for a second job.

Comment

Jobs:

Mowed Lawns.

Contact manager at a car dealership; personal business only. *

Work at a golf course. *

(* - still working)

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                  - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by TEXSOONER/BRONC
                    You had awesome parents.

I really didn't think so at the time, my friends all had their own money to run to the mall with. I had what my parents could part with. I appreciate it now, it's given me a sense on how to budget my money.
                    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                      I really didn't think so at the time, my friends all had their own money to run to the mall with. I had what my parents could part with. I appreciate it now, it's given me a sense on how to budget my money.
                      The key words here.
                      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

I have never worked a day in my life.

My parents own R&R railroad and I have always just been a spoiled little brat......

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                          I have never worked a day in my life.

My parents own R&R railroad and
                          I have always just been a spoiled little brat......
                          I would of never guessed WTM...

My first job was working in my parents movie theater....selling popcorn,cokes,etc...
                          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I wish I could just go to school and only work in the summer, that would be very nice.

Comment

My first 'real' job was as a waitress (well, busser, then waitress)... I never thought I'd be good at it, as I'm not the most graceful person you'll ever meet. But once I got the hang of the way to balance the trays and stuff, I was really good at it. I loved it, and made decent tip money, too... It's all about being able to read people... and figure out the best way to make them so happy they'll part with their money... I had a friend who worked with me, and we used to say it was like being a professional 'flirt'... and knowing how and when to turn it on...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X