No announcement yet.

--- Work, Work, Work ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove a wheat truck for my dad when I was 10. (I was a big kid.) That was the only time of the year Dad allowed me to chew tobacco. From that age on, I helped to plow the fields (about 640 acres), stacked hay, fixed fence, fed cattle (we had up to 200 head) and horses, fed and watered the chickens, milked cows, and pulled weeds in our 1/2 acre garden. That didn't last long, however. There came a time after that when Dad decided I had too much time on my hands, and I needed some work to do.

-----

Comment

My first job was as a crew guy at Wendy's. I hated it.

I do not miss working at Wendy's. I will never work in food again. Ever!
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

--- When we were very little, my brother and I used to chip mortar off of red bricks from demolished old buildings ---

--- We would sit in a construction yard all day each summer, and stack the bricks on pallets ---

--- We were too young to get a Social Security Card back then ---

--- We got paid a penny a brick, and then they would sell the cleaned "old" red bricks for 10 cents each to contractors ---

--- The fad back then was to build custom homes with old bricks ---

--- We also mowed lawns, delivered papers, and cleaned out stables ---

--- We made enough to buy school clothes and motor scooters !

--- When we were finally old enough to get a SS Card, we worked in grocery stores bagging groceries, and we bought our own cars when we were 16 !

--- And we still managed to play all school sports too !

--- I think is a good experience for young people to get summer jobs ---

--- Learning how to be responsible, earn and manage money can give many young people a head start in life ---

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

My first job was a paper route when I was 9-15 then my first real job was at a chinese restraunt called Imperial Palace.

Comment

My first job was at Carls Jr. when I was 13

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
              --- When we were very little, my brother and I used to chip mortar off of red bricks from demolished old buildings ---

--- We would sit in a construction yard all day each summer, and stack the bricks on pallets ---

--- We got paid a penny a brick, and then they would sell the cleaned "old" red bricks for 10 cents each to contractors ---

--- When we were finally old enough to get a SS Card, we worked in grocery stores bagging groceries, and we bought our own cars when we were 16 !

--- Learning how to be responsible, earn and manage money can give many young people a head start in life ---

---

i hope ur advice is true... i hope i will come out a better person from working... cos ive been working for as long as i can remember...
              ... ive worked in a open pit iron ore mine with my dad... when i was like 8...
              ran a mini farm for rabbits that was mine... and collected grass every day for them... for about an hour or 2... to feed them...
              i later worked in a bar out back... stacking bottles... tapping kegs... i was like 10....
              umm... ive mowed lawns... cleaned stables... bagged horse manure to sell... painted homes and fences(i painted the entire fence line of 2 farms.. it took me weeks...)
              .. i was a cook at a chinese take away shop..( slave labour)...
              i was a part time apprentice at a sign and flag company for 4 yrs.... dug holes for flag poles... painted... scaled roofs... computer designed banners for cusomers.. and now im in a deli...

but do i envy ppl who dont work...? HELL YES... but u get over it...

my whole life... my parents were sorta mean... but made me tough i suppose... they made me earn everything... from the toys i played with.. to my first xbox... motorbike... car.... bla bla....

they did pay for me to get a great education.. and for that im thankful...

now... college is about to conclude for the semester.. so im looking for a full time desk job... i hope i get one...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
                i hope ur advice is true... i hope i will come out a better person from working... cos ive been working for as long as i can remember...
                ... ive worked in a open pit iron ore mine with my dad... when i was like 8...
                ran a mini farm for rabbits that was mine... and collected grass every day for them... for about an hour or 2... to feed them...
                i later worked in a bar out back... stacking bottles... tapping kegs... i was like 10....
                umm... ive mowed lawns... cleaned stables... bagged horse manure to sell... painted homes and fences(i painted the entire fence line of 2 farms.. it took me weeks...)
                .. i was a cook at a chinese take away shop..( slave labour)...
                i was a part time apprentice at a sign and flag company for 4 yrs.... dug holes for flag poles... painted... scaled roofs... computer designed banners for cusomers.. and now im in a deli...

but do i envy ppl who dont work...? HELL YES... but u get over it...

my whole life... my parents were sorta mean... but made me tough i suppose... they made me earn everything... from the toys i played with.. to my first xbox... motorbike... car.... bla bla....

they did pay for me to get a great education.. and for that im thankful...

now... college is about to conclude for the semester.. so im looking for a full time desk job... i hope i get one...

--- You will look back and appreciate all your hard work, and what you have earned from it is a lot more than just money !!!

--- Keep working hard to do well in college, and if you succeed there, you will have many doors of life opened to you !!!

--- Sometimes it's very hard, but keep gutting it out !!!

--- Best to you anton1287 !!!

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan

---

I can't believe I know someone else that had the pleasure of cleaning brick! That's crazy, my grandfather owns his own construction company and I started working for him when I was 10. He did a lot of remodling and brick was plentiful and recyclable.I'm greatful for those years, turned me into the person I am today, and I appreciate and take pride in my work moreso for it. There's nothing wrong with rolling up your sleeves and putting some elbow grease into your day, LOL, of course that's just me.

Comment

My first job receiving a paycheck was working in the Deli at the Red Food Store now called Bi Lo.

My first paying job was working for a construction team cleaning tools, holding drywall, and alot of gopher work.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

I have already posted but I am now glad I have cleaned brick. What a job.
                      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Working...
                      X