Why you should always have insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you should always have insurance

Three years ago, in a snowstorm, I wsa involved in a fender bender. No damage to me... to other cars involved. Cops on scene declined to issue a ticket to anyone (pretty much meaning me!) My insurance company paid a couple grand apiece to the other two drivers. At the time... neither one seemed to have any injuries or complained of any pain whatsoever. Then one of them, part of the couple grand settlement, went to a doctor for her knee. Case closed.

Now... 3 years later... I get served... a lawsuit... chick is claiming closed head injuries... speech therapy, etc. I am being sued in excess of $100,000!

I sleep fine at night because my insurance company is backing me. They are calling it a nuisance suit. They say the lawyer even drafted a weak argument to boot. She is sueing me and the other driver both. They will settle for a low amount... which is prolly what she and the shyster are looking for in the first place my lawyer tells me. If they truly want to play hardball... the insurance company will back me and take 'em to the mat.

Whenever I got the papers served... the first thing I thought of was those commercials for Frank Azar "the Strongarm" where he shows people getting large checks... and tells them "I know it is more than you authorized me to settle for!"

Deal is this. I have always had insurance. I will always have insurance. I will never gripe about paying for insurance.

Just a reminder to anybody out there playing it fast and loose. Insuance is a lot cheaper than lawyers and court costs and $10,000 settlements to avoid a lengthy and costly trial.

Side note: I was in court for a minor traffic ticket a month ago. I saw the judge fine 3 different folks $500 each for driving with no insurance. $500 pays for a big chunk of insurance!

Be smart, folks!

PAINTER
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
    Three years ago, in a snowstorm, I wsa involved in a fender bender. No damage to me... to other cars involved. Cops on scene declined to issue a ticket to anyone (pretty much meaning me!) My insurance company paid a couple grand apiece to the other two drivers. At the time... neither one seemed to have any injuries or complained of any pain whatsoever. Then one of them, part of the couple grand settlement, went to a doctor for her knee. Case closed.

Now... 3 years later... I get served... a lawsuit... chick is claiming closed head injuries... speech therapy, etc. I am being sued in excess of $100,000!

I sleep fine at night because my insurance company is backing me. They are calling it a nuisance suit. They say the lawyer even drafted a weak argument to boot. She is sueing me and the other driver both. They will settle for a low amount... which is prolly what she and the shyster are looking for in the first place my lawyer tells me. If they truly want to play hardball... the insurance company will back me and take 'em to the mat.

Whenever I got the papers served... the first thing I thought of was those commercials for Frank Azar "the Strongarm" where he shows people getting large checks... and tells them "I know it is more than you authorized me to settle for!"

Deal is this. I have always had insurance. I will always have insurance. I will never gripe about paying for insurance.

Just a reminder to anybody out there playing it fast and loose. Insuance is a lot cheaper than lawyers and court costs and $10,000 settlements to avoid a lengthy and costly trial.

Side note: I was in court for a minor traffic ticket a month ago. I saw the judge fine 3 different folks $500 each for driving with no insurance. $500 pays for a big chunk of insurance!

Be smart, folks!

PAINTER
    $500.00 pays half of my full coverage insurance on my suburban.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Hey

For how long? A year? Six months?

Deal is... my payments are easy to make. The money they already settled for amounts to like 7 grand. After all this other crap who knows?

Deal is an outlay of say $20,000 would swamp most any of us.

And say your teenage son had a car with no insurance, cause you were making him pay for his own... and he let it lapse... say he actually killed somebody on a smashup... holy smokers... There goes your house!

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

And ya wonder how some regular people end up homeless.

Good advice PAINTER!

Comment

You know what I think of when I see those Frank Azar commercials (Besides DUIs)??

I think of people that legitimately have a million dollars worth of medical bills from head injuries.

And I imagine him walking into the hospital bed of somebody with a million dollars in hospital bills and a lifetime worth of pain and handing them a check for two hundred thousand dollars.

Then I imagine him using them in his commercial.

EDIT: Also, I think that it's also nice to be able to ride your bike around town and walk in your neighborhood and get picked up when the destination is farther and take the bus to towns where your relatives live.

I know, cars are handy.

I walk in my neighborhood and ride my bike around Denver, but I drive to the suburbs or to my parents' house in the mountains.

But, I'll tell you, it feels good to ride my bike. Ha. Gasoline is elastic my ass.
          Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 06-03-2006, 08:44 PM.
          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
          . Post Your Artwork .
          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
            You know what I think of when I see those Frank Azar commercials (Besides DUIs)??

I think of people that legitimately have a million dollars worth of medical bills from head injuries.

And I imagine him walking into the hospital bed of somebody with a million dollars in hospital bills and a lifetime worth of pain and handing them a check for two hundred thousand dollars.

Then I imagine him using them in his commercial.
            You know what I think of?

Him involved in an accident at University and Hampden (sound familiar? lol), and running to hide in the bushes.

Yeah, real strong arm there..............

What a creep!

Comment

By the way, my brother let his insurance expire for only a month.

And, he promptly hit a Lexus that stopped in the middle of a 45 MPH street for no reason.

Well, he got lucky. He only had to pay for the Lexus, but umm . . . well, Lexuses aren't cheap.

. . . . . . . . . . .
              . Post Your Artwork .
              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Hey

And that was then. There is a six year window. Like for me... is your bro gonna get served in a few years by an ambulance chaser?

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
                  And that was then. There is a six year window. Like for me... is your bro gonna get served in a few years by an ambulance chaser?
                  Hopefully not.

She seemed like a nice lady, but I guess you never know.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Good advice PD.
                    I always have insurance.
                    As a matter of fact, I take the insurance out on my big ticket household goods too.
                    Came in handy last year on my big screen tv. The picture went out and the $1,400 repair was covered under the insurance.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
                    X