How good is your driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is your driving?

Take the test. Colorado is ranked 15th. I scored an 85 and my wife scored a 95 percent. It's only 20 questions long and takes about a minute to take.
    http://www.gmacinsurance.com/safedriving/2006/test.asp
    Last edited by 16milehigh87; 06-04-2006, 09:36 PM.
    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

uhh where's the test???
    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

sorry I edited my original post with the link.
      Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

i scored 55 but atleast i don't have my license yet. i get to take drivers ed this year so weee!!
        the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

60% hmm...

Comment

90%

I missed #12, the one with the oncoming bright headlights. I would move tot he edge of the right lane, while also looking that way. I tend to go where I am looking.

And #18. I dont usually see white arrows in Colorado indicating a turn. We have the lines. The turns tend to be striped into the road like an exit on any highway. Although I have seen that before. Of course, the kicker to that question was "on SOME highways". On SOME highways, you'll find probably all four options. Seems like any answer might be correct for that one. SOMEWHERE, lol.

Comment

hopefully people who pass the the test dont think that passing it makes them good driver.....

i just wish road workers would take down signs after they are done with the road work....having people cut you off because they see the sign that the lane is closed ahead when its not can be a bad thing
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Got a 60 on it mostly due to not being able to remember some of those questions. Good thing those tests don't translate into "on-field" results (i.e., my dad always fails those yet he has never been in a wreck, ever).

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                - Carl Sagan

Comment

well my computer tells me that there is a problem with the web page...

but ill just tell u what i would have got.... about... 99%....(1% computer error)

cos among anyone i know... i can drive better than them... and thats not just me talking myself up... i also used to race cars in the amature racing league... and around my parts... i used to have a nickname.... "reverse mistro"... cos i could out manuver most cars going backwards.... while they go forwards..

but safety rating... yeah... i probaly wouldnt do so well...

like a horny hampster... i either have off... or MAX POWER....

sigpic

Comment

Got a 90.

The pedestrain crosswalk thing is not what I was taught in PA.

Pedestrians only have the right of way at marked crosswalks.m There is no such thing as an 'unmarked' crosswalk. It either is one or isn't one.

If it is not marked, it is considered unsafe for pedestrians to use that corner to cross, or has no pedestrian sidewalk at all.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      Got a 90.

The pedestrain crosswalk thing is not what I was taught in PA.

Pedestrians only have the right of way at marked crosswalks.m There is no such thing as an 'unmarked' crosswalk. It either is one or isn't one.

If it is not marked, it is considered unsafe for pedestrians to use that corner to cross, or has no pedestrian sidewalk at all.
                      The kicker for that is in a lot of states, CA included, the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

90%, missed the slippery question, the only time I lose traction is hydroplaning, hence, heavy rainstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                          The kicker for that is in a lot of states, CA included, the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way.
                          Thats right. If nobody thinks a pedestrian always has the right of way.

Just hit one crossing the street.

Not only will they fry you on the 6 o'clock news, they will fry you in court (criminal) and in civil also.
                          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                          Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                            Not in PA.

I got hit by a car in the 8th grade. My friend seriously busted up his leg.

WE got cited for failure to cross at a crosswalk. Which was true. $138 dollar fine. And my parents insurance had to cough up half the dough to fix the minor repairs on the car. (Dent in hood and cracked windshield).

So, I have no objection ot the pedestrian having right of way or not, I am just saying that it's probably hard to get a100% on this typeof quiz unless you happen to live in the same state as the test creator.

I understand waiting for pedestrians to finish crossing. But to give them right of way 100% of the time means that even if they jump out from between parked cars, you are at fault. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I don't think a pedestrian should be given carte blanche on a surface meant for motor vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp
                              Thats right. If nobody thinks a pedestrian always has the right of way.

Just hit one crossing the street.

Not only will they fry you on the 6 o'clock news, they will fry you in court (criminal) and in civil also.
                              Only if they are crossing at a crosswalk, or in a visible area.

You jump out in traffic, sorry, but I wouldn't find the driver at fault.

Sadly, this does happen with younger children on occasion.

Comment

Working...
                              X