Game Situations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Situations

hey i thought this game might be fun, I would give u a situation and u tell me what the ruling would be

On 1st and 20, the quatrterback attempts a backward pass to the running back at the 10 yard line. A blitzing linebacker knocks the ball down, causing it to go out of the back of the end zone. What is the ruling?

Uh, safety? Assuming the LB never actually had control. I can't imagine the other option of the O keeping the ball and 1 &10 from the 20 (for a TB)

Just a guess...

Comment

yep,

here is another

The offensive team is flagged for illegally assisting a runner. What is the penalty for this and where is it marked off from?

Comment

Originally posted by jdhdiggs
        Uh, safety? Assuming the LB never actually had control. I can't imagine the other option of the O keeping the ball and 1 &10 from the 20 (for a TB)

Just a guess...
        I agree unless the QB's arm was going forward but then he wouldn't have thrown it backwards so it is a safety.

It is 3rd & 10 and the QB throws the ball 15 yards. The pass is off target. The WR jumps and deflects it from OB w/o touching OB tipping it to the TE. Completion?
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by Champisthebest2
          yep,

here is another

The offensive team is flagged for illegally assisting a runner. What is the penalty for this and where is it marked off from?
          10 yard penalty
          or 15 yards
          MMA News
          MMA News 247

Comment

10 yard penalty

yea

and to answer ur is that it is a completion

Comment

yea

and to answer ur is that it is a completion
              OK what if before the ball ws out of the QB's hands while he's running his route his foot goes OBs but then he gets back in. Still a catch?
              MMA News
              MMA News 247

Comment

OK what if before the ball ws out of the QB's hands while he's running his route his foot goes OBs but then he gets back in. Still a catch?

no, unless he was forced out of bounds

Comment

no, unless he was forced out of bounds
                  Correct. You do one now
                  MMA News
                  MMA News 247

Comment

It is 4th down and 8 yards to go on the Blue Team's 5 yard line. The quarterback drops back into the end zone and is called for intentionally grounding the ball in the endzone. The opposing team's captain has two choices. What are they?

Comment

It is 4th down and 8 yards to go on the Blue Team's 5 yard line. The quarterback drops back into the end zone and is called for intentionally grounding the ball in the endzone. The opposing team's captain has two choices. What are they?
                      Accept the penalty at the one yard line and force them to punt, or take a safety
                      Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

the saftey part is right, but what is the other part

Comment

Couldn't they just take the grounding penalty if they wanted to? I am not sure if it for sure has to be a safety or not...does it?
                          Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

well they could take the penalty and the other team would get it 1st and goal on the opposing teams 5 yard line

Comment

another one

The snapper on a punt play moves the ball forward, prior to the starting the backward motion. As he moves the ball forward, it hits the hand of the nose guard and is knocked loose. The defense recovers the ball. What is the ruling?

Comment

Working...
                              X